Sideshow 1/6th Tusken Raider

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks fantastic Coco!

Thanks, King!

Awesome! Did you dye directly over the pink or did you use color remover first? What color dye did you use?

I used RiT color remover and it turned it yellow. Thought I ruined it. I had some RiT dark brown dye so I did a very quick dip in it and it turned out like that.

I used RiT color remover and it turned it yellow. Thought I ruined it. I had some RiT dark brown dye so I did a very quick dip in it and it turned out like that.

RiT seems to do that. I've dyed a few items and that seems to be the default color (yellow) they turn to.

excellent job on the color... with photos like this, RIT is going to have a nice run on their sale charts!

Seems like a few of these guys got an extra dip in the pink/salmon wash at the factory. Mine has a few subtle areas of pink, but it's pretty much all that sandy brown color. Wor-gar was saying his was really salmon in color overall.

We're they really that pink in the movie? Maybe my memory is failing me or like the whole Blue vs Brown Han Hoth coat thing where you only see what you remember but I always thought these were a tan and sandy brown. Great job coco.

Yeah, mine seemed to have an extra dose of pink. I definitely don't remember any of them looking like that in the movies. Funny thing is that it appears SS nailed the colors on their PF but not quite on this.

Great figure. The outer robe was just a little too pink for me so I redyed mine. I may do a little weathering later on but for now I like it.

Awesome! Did you dye directly over the pink or did you use color remover first? What color dye did you use?

Wor-gar was saying his was really salmon in color overall.

WOW! That looks great. Mine is definitely too salmony for my tastes and I fancy myself a RIT dye expert so I'll definitely give this a go.

RIT color remover is just bleach guys, so save yourself some money.

How long? :30 to 5 minutes? In simmering dye water?

RIT color remover is just bleach guys, so save yourself some money.

Oh, sure. Now you tell me.

How long? :30 to 5 minutes? In simmering dye water?

The dark brown RiT dip? I just dunked it and pulled it out immediately then cold rinsed it. I nuked the water maybe 2 minutes or so and added the dye to it.

Oh, sure. Now you tell me.

The dark brown RiT dip? I just dunked it and pulled it out immediately then cold rinsed it. I nuked the water maybe 2 minutes or so and added the dye to it.

Cool. Thanks. Dying is tricky. Too long and it turns out too dark.

Cool. Thanks. Dying is tricky. Too long and it turns out too dark.

Directions on the box. But after you bring the water to a boil sprinkle in a little salt. Helps the dye adhere. If you just put a little dye in the water -- like a tea bath -- you have to leave it in longer, but if you dump alot then just dunk quick and rinse.

Take a dry paper towel or napkin (white) and dip it in the dye bath to see how strong the tint is before you decide how long to soak.

I've got three projects going right now and have been dyeing all week, including today.

Normally when I get a 1/6 scale figure I can't find a pose that I really like. Basically, I suck at creating realistic looking poses. Anyway, I couldn't find a pose that I DIDN"T like with this guy. What a terrific figure!

Here is mine, I redyed it too:

CIMG1708_zps749017fd.jpg

That egg carton is a great idea. For dying the robe, did you follow the same formula as mentioned to get the color like that? Bleach it to turn yellow and then use dark brown?

yes I've used the same formula. But it looked like before. Once used color remover and it changed in this color.

Back