1/6 Sideshow 1/6th Scale Star Wars Speeder Bike

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My wait list just converted on the EX. Thinking I'll take my chances that it's not a return with issues and stick with it. Have to call them to see if they can offer me the bundle deal with the scout trooper.

Just finished my Bandai Scout Trooper and bike. Out of curiosity, I started comparing dimensions. If the Bandai is the main reference, Sideshow dimension are short from 12% to 17.5%. Theres nothing I can do about this. But my next project is accurizing the Sideshow Speeder Bike. Just need to scratch build the handle bars, side vent and the front vanes.

Just finished my Bandai Scout Trooper and bike. Out of curiosity, I started comparing dimensions. If the Bandai is the main reference, Sideshow dimension are short from 12% to 17.5%. Theres nothing I can do about this. But my next project is accurizing the Sideshow Speeder Bike. Just need to scratch build the handle bars, side vent and the front vanes.

I wonder what % the Hasbro one is too long by?

I would say about the same 12% to 17%.

It can be shortened (in the vanes) and look close to right but the width is a bigger problem - the Hasbro bike is very "fat."

The rear cowls (cone shaped rockets) are also undersized on the hasbro bike.

I rebooted/rebuilt my Hasbro bike about as much as you can. It looks really good but still has the issues inherent in the hasbro oversize issue.

Just had to cancel my bundle for this. I wasn't expecting this until some time next year but I just got my shipping soon notice from SS along with the HT Han & Chewie. I can't be paying out on all these right now, especially with the HT Vader coming anytime soon as well :/

So I ordered the Ex. and received the bike back in October 2015. Unfortunately the "fork" piece of the bike was crooked and so was the main body. SSC was good enough to send me a replacement. I sent the original back. I received my replacement and had a chance to open it around the holidays. Unfortunately the replacement was in worst shape than the first piece they sent me.
The "fork" piece of the replacement bike was also crooked and was missing one of the small tabs were you insert the left "fin". In addition, the tube under the bike had come off the body. So I wrote to SSC once again and asked them to replace just the fork portion of the bike since I could glue the tube back unto the body myself. Their response to me was that they no longer had replacement pieces for this bike and that I could return it for a full refund and order the regular edition.
My question is how can they tell me that they have no replacement pieces when they obviously have the regular edition still for sale? I'm very disappointed at having a damaged piece and potentially missing out on the exclusive that I pre-ordered. Their customer service has declined in the last few years and their products suffer from so many QC issues. I am truly done buying their products. How would some of you proceed in this case? return the item and order the regular? or just keep the damaged ex.? Speeder Bike broken pipe.jpgSpeeder Bike missing piece.jpg

My waitlist for the EX converted so I should be getting mine soon.....Now I just need to find a EX scout trooper to go with it. Anywhere I could get one besides Scalp-Bay?

My waitlist just converted for the Speeder Bike exclusive, I need to decide by tonight whether to keep it or not. The issues people are having in this thread are making me lean towards cancelling. I have 2 of the Hasbro speeder bikes, in the hopes that they'll make an Endor Leia or Luke figure that I can display along with the scout trooper.

For people who have the Hasbro bikes, have you been successful in modifying and repainting them to look a bit more accurate? Both SSC and Hasbro versions have accuracy flaws, so its hard to decide. Cancelling the SS order would free up money for other figures...

I have seen the SS Speederbike in person and it's a thing of beauty. It does have some issues but it makes for an impressive display.

With that being said, I have no plans to replace my Hasbro Speederbike(s). With a little bit of work, they look fantastic, are well detailed and do the job for a fraction of the cost.

Edit to add that there are some great comparison pics available in this thread. You just have to look for them.

I have seen the SS Speederbike in person and it's a thing of beauty. It does have some issues but it makes for an impressive display.

With that being said, I have no plans to replace my Hasbro Speederbike(s). With a little bit of work, they look fantastic, are well detailed and do the job for a fraction of the cost.

Edit to add that there are some great comparison pics available in this thread. You just have to look for them.

I ended up cancelling, I can't justify the cost when I got the 2 Hasbro's for 1/3 of what the sideshow would cost. If I get industrious, I might add some weathering down the road to improve their look.

My Speeder Byke came with the right handle defective. It is bended and totally asymetrical. I sent a message to Sideshow's customer service asking for a replacement but they answered with the following message:

"Thank you for your email and for the pictures your provided! I took a look at them and compared them to a few other pieces. What I found was your piece looks to be pretty normal. These handles are not meant to be perfectly symmetrical with each other, and this can be seen on the product page on our website. Because of this, any replacement I could provide would looks very similar to your current piece. "

I'm very disapointed because I don't see that the product photos are so asymetrical as mine. In fact in the site you can see that the left handle is bended, not the right one as mine. I need to know if you had the same issue with your Speeder Byke and if you had the same answer from Sideshow's customer service. For me, just one word: DISAPOINTED.20151213_181537.jpg20151213_181625.jpg20151213_181635.jpg20151213_181612.jpg20151213_181652.jpg

Mine are a bit goofy looking too. I think somebody used a hair dryer to straighten them with good results. I may decide to do that if I put mine back on display.

My Speeder Byke came with the right handle defective. It is bended and totally asymetrical. I sent a message to Sideshow's customer service asking for a replacement but they answered with the following message:

"Thank you for your email and for the pictures your provided! I took a look at them and compared them to a few other pieces. What I found was your piece looks to be pretty normal. These handles are not meant to be perfectly symmetrical with each other, and this can be seen on the product page on our website. Because of this, any replacement I could provide would looks very similar to your current piece. "

I'm very disapointed because I don't see that the product photos are so asymetrical as mine. In fact in the site you can see that the left handle is bended, not the right one as mine. I need to know if you had the same issue with your Speeder Byke and if you had the same answer from Sideshow's customer service. For me, just one word: DISAPOINTED.

Unfortunately you are not alone, many others had this issue, the good thing is that is easily fixable with a bit of patience. :) My speederbike also had the right handle a bit wonky, I used the hairdryer and now looks perfect - it took me less than 10 minutes to do the job. Ignore what the SSC idiotic representatives said, and simply use a hairdryer to warm up the handle and then carefully bend it into shape.

Thank you all guys. I was going to try the hair dryer but before that I had to do the right thing: to use the Sideshow's customer service. Unfortunately I had the response I didn't want to hear. I feel shame on the response. Really? the product picture is the excuse? OK then, with this criteria they should sell the final products identical to the prototype and don't sell us those final products with details that we talk a lot about. I'm not a customer who ask for replacements or refunds. I have many HotToys and Sideshow items as many of you, and some have factory issues (Sideshow the most) and I've never asked for anything. That's why I feel sad.
I'll try heating the handle and do the job that Sideshow should have done. Thanks again.

View attachment 266724

Go Sideshow! Proof the once-mighty CS has degenerated into pathetic avoidance.:clap

"Yes, it looks terrible, but they're all like that.":rotfl

Yeah, I'd try the hair dryer. It should at least make it a little less noticeable.

I just went ahead and slowly and incrementally bent mine more straight and they've stayed pretty much ever since. The plastic will bend if you are gentle in doing so.

It's not a customer service problem. I think they are being excessively truthful in that this is how the majority look. A replacement may not be any better. That's honesty from Sideshow. Good on them.

This is an unfortunate production issue.

Back