1/6 Sideshow 1/6th Scale Star Wars Speeder Bike

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Guess I must be lucky then. Its sideshows responsibility to make sure issues like this don't happen in production. Instead they make excuses and give bs reasoning.
Pack it better next time sideshow, sheesh!!

My Speeder Byke came with the right handle defective. It is bended and totally asymetrical. I sent a message to Sideshow's customer service asking for a replacement but they answered with the following message:

"Thank you for your email and for the pictures your provided! I took a look at them and compared them to a few other pieces. What I found was your piece looks to be pretty normal. These handles are not meant to be perfectly symmetrical with each other, and this can be seen on the product page on our website. Because of this, any replacement I could provide would looks very similar to your current piece. "

I'm very disapointed because I don't see that the product photos are so asymetrical as mine. In fact in the site you can see that the left handle is bended, not the right one as mine. I need to know if you had the same issue with your Speeder Byke and if you had the same answer from Sideshow's customer service. For me, just one word: DISAPOINTED.View attachment 266724View attachment 266725View attachment 266726View attachment 266727View attachment 266728

I'm planning to redo the handle bars by scratchbuilding a new one. Then again theres shapeway.

https://www.shapeways.com/shops/308bits

I might send this guy a 3D version of the handle bar. And have it refined and printed.

Or does anybody here have a 3d digital asset? Just email to this guy.

Does anyone know when the second run of the Speeder Bike will be available? Can't wait :)

Is the second batch on waitlist already? No pre-order link anymore. Anyway, keep an eye on ebay. I got mine for 270 shipped (exclusive).

I don't think there is an "exclusive" speeder bike.... exclusive to sideshow, but nothing exclusively different between the speederbike offering themselves.

Just the metal display plaque. Bike is the same of course.

Well look at that. I thought they all came standard with the plaque. Honestly, unless everything has this type of plaque I don't see how it becomes worth displaying, unless just something fun for your desk.

But I guess that explains how Ton Ton got his plaque.

Screen_Shot_2016_08_16_at_1_32_52_PM.png

Does anyone know when the second run of the Speeder Bike will be available? Can't wait :)

Is the second batch on waitlist already? No pre-order link anymore. Anyway, keep an eye on ebay. I got mine for 270 shipped (exclusive).
The second run was already available as now shipping for a while and is now on waitlist. There shouldn't be any preorders to fill for the bike. Only the Scout.

So I finally received my bike/trooper bundle from Popcultcha here in Australia. While it looks beautiful (if, as many have said, a tad too small), it feels disappointingly flimsy (much like their 1/6 R2) and has some super-delicate parts that leave me fearful of re-posing the bike too much.

My biggest disappointment however is the woeful QC that I've experienced with the TWO models that I've received. Both have had a base that doesn't sit flush with the surface that it sits upon (and therefore wobbles) and both have had a damaged steering handle (one had a very warped right one. The second has a really loose left one AND warped right one). Plus, my first one had a glue smear across the body section and my replacement has the front bottom steering vanes glued on unevenly, which looks pretty bad.

While Popcultcha exchanged my first bike happily enough, they are refusing to offer me anything but a refund for the second, stating that I will be unlikely to ever be satisfied - which I feel is both rude and untrue - I just want a bike that is free from manufacturing defects!

First-world problems, eh...?

They may be a bit rude but you at least got a honest answer from them. When they state you are unlikely to ever be satisfied, you shouldn' take it personally. Being in the business for some time, they are most probably aware of Sideshow's shortcomings on QC issues and know none of the bikes in their stock is defectless thus assuming you'll end up asking for yet another exchange. From a business standpoint, this is the kind of customer service that can rapidly get you in trouble.

Offering a refund after a second exchange request is basic commercial practice if you ask me. Nowadays, i have my doubts distributors/wholesellers are sending defective items back to manufacturers due to several factors, shipping costs being a major one. Dealing with returned items is a pain all distributors are trying to avoid at all costs. They fear their new stock will turn into used stock trying to please a single customer while other potential buyers may be paying less attention to details.

Thanks Tee-Kay, that's a very reasonable response and I can understand all points that you made. In hindsight, while I am disappointed by the Sideshow QC issues, I am mostly disappointed by the attitude that I got from the staff member - which is really more about poor customer service from that one person.

Understandable. I've experienced this kind of situation on both sides and a bad choice of words would have certainly have gotten me disappointed as well to say the least.

So I finally received my bike/trooper bundle from Popcultcha here in Australia. While it looks beautiful (if, as many have said, a tad too small), it feels disappointingly flimsy (much like their 1/6 R2) and has some super-delicate parts that leave me fearful of re-posing the bike too much.

My biggest disappointment however is the woeful QC that I've experienced with the TWO models that I've received. Both have had a base that doesn't sit flush with the surface that it sits upon (and therefore wobbles) and both have had a damaged steering handle (one had a very warped right one. The second has a really loose left one AND warped right one). Plus, my first one had a glue smear across the body section and my replacement has the front bottom steering vanes glued on unevenly, which looks pretty bad.

While Popcultcha exchanged my first bike happily enough, they are refusing to offer me anything but a refund for the second, stating that I will be unlikely to ever be satisfied - which I feel is both rude and untrue - I just want a bike that is free from manufacturing defects!

First-world problems, eh...?

Can you show a pic of the steering vane, the little L shaped bar of the vane is adjustable to some degree to help with the alignment of the vanes. If the bars are'nt in the same position the vanes can appear distorted or twisted.

Is the Hasbro 12" bike on amazon for $80 the closest alternate? This will be pretty high up so minute details won't be easily seen by the layman.

I was looking at that too. Might pick one up.

I ordered one Prime. Have the SS Scout trooper. This will go up on a shelf. If it sucks I send it back for free but from reviews I've seen comparing SS to Hasbro only a 'movie accurate' freak would ever notice the difference. I will figure out a way for a better base though.

I ordered one Prime. Have the SS Scout trooper. This will go up on a shelf. If it sucks I send it back for free but from reviews I've seen comparing SS to Hasbro only a 'movie accurate' freak would ever notice the difference. I will figure out a way for a better base though.

The Hasbro comes up pretty nice with a bit of weathering. I used the Scouts log accessories on a plain black base and dowel to levitate the bike. Perfectly good option and so much cheaper. The SS bike does look great, but I couldn't afford it.
94fd2cdb0defc9dfe57bac1b985ec1f2.jpg
ab886b54044b6cf9465decc0cacda74c.jpg
aaa78db9f613def3ac41fce73aed13e8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back