1/6 Sideshow 1/6th Scale Star Wars Speeder Bike

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just received mine this morning, man it's fragile (snapped off a front stabiliser while putting it together, thankfully an easy fix), the 'environment' needs heating and reshaping as its warped, and the stand really doesn't work when the figure is on the bike as it can't handle the weight of anything other than a straight up pose....but......I LOVE IT AND IT LOOKS AWESOME ON DISPLAY!

2B6BBD34-CF7E-4137-AE59-C57D74576560_zpswazuw2og.jpg

962DEDE5-7CD7-4D77-B1D5-5F5FC2E0FD16_zps33ybwxcv.jpg

3E967999-9F07-4590-BD34-CE6848D85E1C_zps6nxvf8jh.jpg

I just finished up assembling mine so I will post a few observations. I have to say first and foremost its really really cool and very finely detailed, its hard for pics to do this piece justice compared to when its literally sitting right in front of you because the details are so small. The only visual complaint I have is the seat. Its just plain black plastic that really lacks the fine detailing and weathering of the rest of the bike. Also the box is made of the cheapest cardboard you can imagine. Now just a couple assembly tips.

- I fully recommend following the assembly order rubio posted on page 78 to avoid broken parts

-A couple of the parts were too tight to fit, pretty sure they would have broke had I tried forcing them. I very gently rubbed these pieces with a nail file and they securely snapped into place.

- The steering vanes at the nose of the bike are way to loose and flop around if you even slightly touch the bike. Wrap thin tape around the metal pins to tighten this up. The pins are slotted and not visible anyway.

- Disassembly is certainly possible if done with care.

I am biased because I saw Jedi in the theater as a kid and was completely fascinated seeing and hearing these things zoom around. If you are still on the fence this is one that I don't think you will regret. Its fragile but its beautiful.

Finally pulled the trigger on a SS Speeder Bike (Thank you eBay for that 15% coupon that came out of nowhere). Still, it cost enough that I was nervous about buyer's remorse after reading a lot of the reviews. However, after putting it together, I must say it ROCKS! Also, a big THANK YOU to you guys who suggested attaching the handlebars first. Good thing I read your comments before assembly. Here's a few pics:Speeder Bike 2.jpgSpeeder Bike 1.jpgSpeeder Bike 3.jpg

Finally got mine last Friday. Rubio's post was invaluable. Thankfully, assembly was relatively smooth and everything went into place without much drama. Here's a pic with my stormie 2-pack (sorry for the grainy pic). Will find sometime to pose him in a riding position. Loving it...

IMG_5797.jpg

So finally set up my speeder bike yesterday and unfortunately the undercarriage seems to have been glued on crookedly to the bike body, so the whole front end isn't centered and the sides appear a bit uneven. Didn't even notice it at first when it was all set up, was trying to change up the Scout pose and noticed it from above. I took the bike apart to see where the problem was originating. Problem is it means getting the whole chassis replaced.

So finally set up my speeder bike yesterday and unfortunately the undercarriage seems to have been glued on crookedly to the bike body, so the whole front end isn't centered and the sides appear a bit uneven. Didn't even notice it at first when it was all set up, was trying to change up the Scout pose and noticed it from above. I took the bike apart to see where the problem was originating. Problem is it means getting the whole chassis replaced.

Oh wow. That really is a big Q.C. issue from Sideshow. Let us know if you going to exchange it or dismantle and re-attach the thing.
If you do dismantle, please share your experience and pictures on the process.

I bet others is gonna check there copy if its aligned. Coz that's what I'm gonna do after office.

Cheers.

Yeah stinks, but hopefully they haven't had a call on too many replacement chassis. Thankfully everyone mentioned the possible QC problems so I made sure to open it within a month of receiving it even though I don't have much room to display at the moment.
I'll see what SS says. Really love the bike, front end seems a bit too short as others have mentioned, but it's a beautiful piece.

No wonder the Scouts hit so many trees...

Back