Sideshow 1/6 Starcraft Raynor Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's not really a line, they have the Blizzard license, and they're just producing random stuff from time to time. I don't think they are going to do any more 1/6th figures, since the characters are so unique. The Tycus one will probably go up after the Raynor one ships. Production time on this is similar to Hot Toys figures.

This still has an estimated ship date of February next year. Wouldn't be surprised if it turns out to be March.. All we can do is just wait it out.

I doubt SS would put another PO up before we get Jim, people would dump Raynor for the new kid on the block. This is such a small target market, other properties get 600 posts in a thread in the first few weeks of announcement. Sticker price narrows down the market even more. If nobody buys Raynor, then yes, line will die. Pretty bold move from SS going into SC 1/6, I hope it sells well for them because I'd be in for anything they decide to make.

With no edition size and what sounds to be very little PO's, it seems like this will have very few pieces made. Might explain why the tychus PO hasn't gone up. If Raynor barely sells, then why would SS make tychus and have a bunch sitting in their warehouse. Could very well put the kibosh on tychus and just keep him around for the prototype. Either way I dont mind. I'm getting Raynor regardless and if that means I'll be one of a handfull of people that own him, even better.

With no edition size and what sounds to be very little PO's, it seems like this will have very few pieces made. Might explain why the tychus PO hasn't gone up. If Raynor barely sells, then why would SS make tychus and have a bunch sitting in their warehouse. Could very well put the kibosh on tychus and just keep him around for the prototype. Either way I dont mind. I'm getting Raynor regardless and if that means I'll be one of a handfull of people that own him, even better.

They would just repaint Raynor instead and swap out the head and add a weapon.

Yeah but regardless of that, I don't think its the character so much as it's the price that has made most people hesitant to buy. I mean you can repaint the figure all you want, it'll still be $500 afterwards. So instead of having a bunch of raynors in their warehouse, it'll be a bunch of tychus'.

If it was a 1/4 statue, I would have been all over it.

But I am not dumping 500+ on a figure only to have joints loosen or breakdown on me years later.
I still want to replace on of my first pieces, HT Endo. Metal Gear Rex figure is the exception at the moment.

The price is a lot, but considering how little work they have to do for Tychus I think it will still be done even if Raynor doesn't sell as well. They've probably invested enough in the tooling that they won't want to waste it.

I'm on mobile and can't recall offhand, but are Marcus and Tychus suits the same and only vary in color?

I'm thinking no, which means SS will have to do a ton of work for both of them, with very few repeat parts they already have casted.

They're the same suits, just different colors. They have some different weapons though. Both get the standard rifle, but Raynor gets his sniper rifle and Tychus gets his minigun.

That's good then! SS should release Tychus next since they invested the time and money into Raynor. It would seem like a waste if Tychus is little more than a repaint and new portrait.

They're the same suits, just different colors. They have some different weapons though. Both get the standard rifle, but Raynor gets his sniper rifle and Tychus gets his minigun.

Where did you hear about Tychus coming with a minigun? I haven't seen him with one in the proto pics that we've seen and don't remember him using one in wings of liberty.

Back