Sideshow 1/6 Starcraft Raynor Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quality has nothing to do with the material used, it comes down to the sculpt details, paint apps, tight joints, range of movement and any other thing you can think of.

Diecast isn't a quality thing, it's just a different material. It feels impressive when you pick a diecast figure up, but I'm not sure how superior it is in any other way to "plastic".

Yeah, it is expensive & it's your money dude - do what you have to!

I reckon there are never gonna be any 1/6 space marine figures made after this, so I'm jumping at the chance.

If you wait it out there's a good chance you can get one down the track at a good discount, wait and see.

There is a youtube video made by "figersdotcom" you can see them showing the articulation.. it looks really cheap...please watch the video..I saw it yesterday.

LOL are you kidding me? I am not getting one but this thing is gonna be a technological advance. I am not sure how you preordered this not knowing it was an action figure? It is insane how many pieces this thing is gonna have.

I don't know man, at the end of the day it's still a 500+ plastic piece. I can't justify that price.

From the hit Blizzard Entertainment title, Starcraft II, Sideshow Collectibles is proud to introduce Jim Raynor -Terran Space Marine. Confederate marshal turned outlaw rebel, Jim Raynor does not back down from a fight. Equipped with technologically advanced armor and weaponry, the Raynor - Terran Space Marine was assembled from over 525 individually engineered components, making it one of Sideshow's most ambitious Sixth Scale projects to date. The detailed armor features light up elements in the chest and engine vents, an impressive cache of weapons includes a C-14 Impaler Gauss rifle, a massive sniper rifle, and Jim's signature revolver.

The irony here is that it appears you are complaining that it has over 500 parts and/or that it is over $500.00. Either way, this is one figure I am highly looking forward to. I am not even a fan of Starcraft. I am a fan of bad ass looking power suits.

Sadly, in the end, I do not want 1/6 figures to go with my other 1/5 Blizzard statues.

DSC_0026_zps63b5ca24.jpgAs promised here is Tychus

I think the price is super high but considering what you're getting, it's warranted. I don't even think hot toys Iron monger had that high of a piece count and it was also $500. I really want to get one and I'm planning on it. With all my rewards points plus the ones that hopefully sideshow does for spooktacular like they did last year, I'll put those towards him and that right there saves me $120. My only worry is that it doesn't seem like too many raynors have sold. If that's the case will they not even bother putting tychus out? I can't decide which one I want. Raynor is a significantly more important character than tychus but tychus has that classic blue marine armor (or close to it).

I'd love to get the PFF but I'm super leery of using eBay. There are a **** ton of knock offs on there or there used to be. Haven't checked in a while.

So aside from the moving parts, is there any other reason this guy costs more than Iron monger and is a good 2.5in shorter?

Its like sideshow found the caver where my wallet lives, and they are smoking it out... I'm a StarCraft fan since the 90's, I'm physically unable to not purchase both of them. Well played sideshow.

Likewise :-( would really love both but as it stands with the price, id rather get tychus. That blue just looks more classic

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Likewise :-( would really love both but as it stands with the price, id rather get tychus. That blue just looks more classic

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

I wanted both too and while you are right blue is so much more classic, for me I went with Raynor because if I can only afford one on my shelf then I want the character who's been one of the main parts

Back