Sideshow 1/6 ROTLA Toht image thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got my glasses from GoodStuffToGo today, and they are sweet! Nice, metal, frames w/lenses. They needed a little, careful, adjusting to get them to fit Toht's big melon. The bows needed to be straightened, and they can't really curve down behind his ears now (as you can see in the second pic), but I can live with that as they are a world of improvement over Sideshow's! Not sure if I am going to paint them silver or not, they look pretty good as is.

IMG_16001.JPG

IMG_16012.JPG

:rock

"THE OPENING OF THE TOHT" :lol

"There he is...there he is..."

Thanks for the vid experience -- I feel like I was right there, Les. :bow

"The first official touching of Toht. I am touching Toht!"

I am touching Toht! :rock :lol

I tracked down some new glasses in anticipation of touching and futzing my Toht. :naughty

This figure is not one of Sideshow's best IMO....The whole Indy 12'' line is very average.

HAHAHAHA!!! That totally made my morning. Best video ever! Les, I love your enthusiasm for 'the' Toht....hehe. "I am now touching the Toht." :lol

"Wor-Gar, you don't have me yet but you soon will." :rotfl

I thought it was hilarious that half way through you realized you didn't like opening your figure in the kitchen. Very cool and fitting tribute to Greg! :rock

P.S., can't WAIT to see what you do with the repaint. :monkey5

:lol That was hilarious... "I am touching Toht...Toht has now been touched." :rotfl

Got my glasses from GoodStuffToGo today, and they are sweet! Nice, metal, frames w/lenses. They needed a little, careful, adjusting to get them to fit Toht's big melon. The bows needed to be straightened, and they can't really curve down behind his ears now (as you can see in the second pic), but I can live with that as they are a world of improvement over Sideshow's! Not sure if I am going to paint them silver or not, they look pretty good as is.

IMG_16001.JPG

IMG_16012.JPG

WOW! Those look great! So glad I ordered a pair of these for my Toht as well! :rock

Yeah, that looks much better. I'm still not sold on this one though. I'd love to see somebody take a brush to that sculpt.

WOW! Those look great! So glad I ordered a pair of these for my Toht as well! :rock

Yeah, I am pretty happy with them. I was a little dissapointed that I couldn't bend the bows down behind his ears but, like I said, I can live with that. It's wierd though, there is enough to bend a little bit down behind his right ear, but not the left (though I just left both bows straight). I guess he just has an odd shaped head.

Trying to decide if I should try painting them. They aren't quite as gold looking IRL as my pics would lead you to believe. I have some acrylic, "metallic silver" paint but I am not sure how well that will work. Masking off those tiny lenses would probably be a pain too and my hands are steady enough to try it without doing so. I'm sure if any paint got on them, it would be pretty easy to get off though.

Back