Sideshow 1/6 ROTLA Toht image thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got my pair of glasses from Monkey Depot... I'm VERY happy:

3541387746_0c07e40973.jpg

3540579705_eda51568fe.jpg

They required a little bending, but damn, they're a million times better then the crappy SS ones. :whip

Those look great! But still look a little small to me. I ordered the Goodstufftogo ones, and even though they're 'gold' frames, I think they look closer to Toht's glasses size personally...Billy Ray posted them below:

Got my glasses from GoodStuffToGo today, and they are sweet! Nice, metal, frames w/lenses. They needed a little, careful, adjusting to get them to fit Toht's big melon. The bows needed to be straightened, and they can't really curve down behind his ears now (as you can see in the second pic), but I can live with that as they are a world of improvement over Sideshow's! Not sure if I am going to paint them silver or not, they look pretty good as is.

IMG_16001.JPG

IMG_16012.JPG

Well, it looks like in some shots they are definitely silver-ish...maybe pewter colored while in some they do kind of have a gold, or maybe bronze-ish color to them. Most likely the lighting is causing the latter. Maybe we have stumbled across one of those Hoth Han coat issues:horror

Like I said though, I am not as concerned with the color as I am the overall look, and the ones from GoodStuffToGo definitely look great in either color. His eyes center on the lenses perfectly, which was one of the main problems with SS's. He kind of looks crosseyed wearing the SS glasses. You can see what I mean in these pics:

IMG_15672.JPG

IMG_16001.JPG

They are too wide, as well as the rims being too thick. Reminds me of my buddy's kid who had to have glasses when he was real little. He had these plastic rimmed goggle looking things and I swear that was the first thing I thought of when I saw Toht:D I'll have to see if I can dig up a pic of the poor little guy.

***EDIT - Just noticed that the DiD glasses also kind of hide the bushiness of his eyebrows, which is a bonus.

Last edited:
I've seen the actual prop glasses. They're a faded gold. Hell, they even look gold to me in all of the pics people are posting. I don't get the silver thing at all.

:huh

I've seen the actual prop glasses. They're a faded gold. Hell, they even look gold to me in all of the pics people are posting. I don't get the silver thing at all.

:huh

Yeah, I can't possibly see how anyone would think they look silver in these screen shots. :lol

3338976483_9b898dcb5d_b.jpg

3354891300_3096c396b6_b.jpg

3354071217_bca481d374_b.jpg

3354891438_f1d4fa7d6c_b.jpg

I keed... but they did look silver to me...

They look gold to me, dude. Seriously. But that's probably just because I know they are. Otherwise, I might seem 'em as silver, too. :)

They are definately silver.

Jedi anything in person you've seen has experianced 25 years of wear. Likely the silver has faded off the glasses.

For Example, the raiders idol at the Lucas Archives were dropped and damaged, they had to be extensively repaired and now they are a differant shape then the original. Plus the gold faded off of them almost completely.

But Im seeing this movie on the big screen this saturday night in Philly, so I will confirm for you guys for sure what color they are.

They are definately silver.

Jedi anything in person you've seen has experianced 25 years of wear. Likely the silver has faded off the glasses.

:huh They'd been behind glass on a shelf in the Main House @ Skywalker Ranch. Perhaps they were once silver and faded or whatever but what I saw was definitely more gold in tint than silver. And I didn't see any aging spots at all.

Which RAIDERS idol are you referring to? There were several used, and many were made differently (as you probably know).

:huh They'd been behind glass on a shelf in the Main House @ Skywalker Ranch. Perhaps they were once silver and faded or whatever but what I saw was definitely more gold in tint than silver.

Which RAIDERS idol are you referring too? There were several used, and many were made differently (as you probably know).

I'm almost positive they are faded, on the SS's posted they are silver, I'm on a brand new $600 monitor, also on my TV on the DVD, silver.

I have an idol from an orignal mold, and elecroplated by the orignal company, but the two "hero versions" they had at the archives or w/e, the all electroplated gold one, and the moving eyes ones were damaged. When they fixed them, they screwed up the mouth corners etc.

Anything else they still have there would be the rubber versions for throwing it around to Satipo.

I'm almost positive they are faded, on the SS's posted they are silver, I'm on a brand new $600 monitor, also on my TV on the DVD, silver.

I have an idol from an orignal mold, and elecroplated by the orignal company, but the two "hero versions" they had at the archives or w/e, the all electroplated gold one, and the moving eyes ones were damaged. When they fixed them, they screwed up the mouth corners etc.

Anything else they still have there would be the rubber versions for throwing it around to Satipo.

:huh All I know is what I saw with my own eyes, man.

I did take some pics on one of my visits, which is usually forbidden. I'm sure I probably have one of the Toht glasses somewhere, but unfortunately not on this laptop.

However, here are a couple of the pics I took there of INDY props:

DSCF1997.jpg

DSCF1998.jpg

Those look great! But still look a little small to me. :

All in all I'm happy. They are a bit small, less so in person but small nonetheless. I'm going to tweak them a bit more. Especially the nose rests. They're sticking too far out still. They're quite a bit different, after some repositioning, then when I first got them:

D1203-E48-2T.jpg

3541387746_0c07e40973.jpg

Jedi, alot of those aren't real props, the hat for example is just a Dorfman Pacific Official hat, the kind you can get at themeparks.

The idol is either one of the repaired ones or just a replica, its not any of the film ones, the Sankara stones are real, they are the ones taht plugged into the alter and lit up. The Headpiece may be the real one, but its not the one Marion is holding in the picture next to it which is kind of funny. The grail is also not the hero prop in that picture, in otherwords not the one used in close up shots in Indys hands. So all in all, I wouldnt go by that stuff for referance.

Yes indeed it does. Is that from that movie where the guy works at Target? My friend and I are always bringing that movie up and can never remember the name...LOL

Anyway, it would seem we do have a Hoth Han coat color type debate after all:horror

Seriously, in different images they look different colors to me, so who's to say? I'm gonna go with Irish on this one though, not so much since he's seen the actual prop, but since it will save me some work.

Funny, I mentioned painting them when I first got them and my wife said "I doubt anyone even knows or cares what color they were in the movie anyway":rolleyes:

Yes indeed it does. Is that from that movie where the guy works at Target? My friend and I are always bringing that movie up and can never remember the name...LOL

Anyway, it would seem we do have a Hoth Han coat color type debate after all:horror

Seriously, in different images they look different colors to me, so who's to say? I'm gonna go with Irish on this one though, not so much since he's seen the actual prop, but since it will save me some work.

Funny, I mentioned painting them when I first got them and my wife said "I doubt anyone even knows or cares what color they were in the movie anyway":rolleyes:

And I'm sure we'll get both coat colors with Sideshow. Either one as the exclusive or as a variant ala the Dead :lol

Career Opportunities. In was in high school when that came out and from the moment I saw it that scene was burned into my brian.:google

Career Opportunites! Man, I can never remember the name of that! It's just like that Cristian Bale movie, with Sean Bean where they are sort of like cops in a "Utopian" future and books and art and stuff are banned and they all take those drugs...

It's like I have some sort of mental block when it comes to the names of those two movies. No matter how many times I look them up or someone tells me...I always forget!

That scene/gif also reminds me of the Kids In the Hall sketch with the Chicken Lady who wants money so she can ride the horsey LOL!

What's this all got to do with Toht? Nothing. I do like the DiD glasses on him though. The more I look at him, it's amazing how much they change the overall appearance of the figure. I'll have to take some more pics, maybe tomorrow. It's only a matter of time before my wife makes me box him up. I doubt any potential buyers of our house would be thrilled to see a 12" Gestapo agent prominently displayed on our entertainment center:rolleyes:

Toht looks great - The glasses are not perfect, but there are easy alternatives to be found (the golden ones I like the most)

The collar of his shirt doesn't look well cut, that is the only thing that I prefer to be better.

Looking forward to this one and this has been a very long for a Sideshow figure.

i missed the goodstufftogo ones. but i have a pair of harry potter ones that might work :) toht should be here this week. i wanna touch the toht too you know. feel left out

Last edited:
Back