Sideshow 1/6 ROTLA Toht image thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Melty head is the only option for me, if I had kept my pre-order. That melty head looks fantastic.

But the glasses are horrendous and just kills the look of the regular head.

The clothing is a hit/miss.

Awesome. All of my pro body figures are displayed stand free, but Toht is very stable and the best to date, for me. I like the pro overall anyway, aside from the slouchy shoulders..... Just don't get me started with the armor body/Strormtrooper ankles!:banghead

On the Stormtrooper, I found that if you rotate the ball part of the ankle so that is feet bend side to side instead of up and down, he stands quite well. It also allows his feet to be flat on the ground if posed in a wide stance. But yeah, I hear ya.

All of my pro bodies can stand on their own too and definitely aren't "rag dolls", but Toht's body is the tightest so far.

I just love those melty head pics..so visually appealing. That's how I plan on displaying him from the start. This figure just screams "fun" to me.

I wonder if the HT Michael Jackson's Fedora works with Toht's head?
It would be a great improvement.... somebody should try it!

MJ_HT88.jpg

On the Stormtrooper, I found that if you rotate the ball part of the ankle so that is feet bend side to side instead of up and down, he stands quite well. It also allows his feet to be flat on the ground if posed in a wide stance. But yeah, I hear ya.

All of my pro bodies can stand on their own too and definitely aren't "rag dolls", but Toht's body is the tightest so far.

Ah man. That sounds like such a simple answer to that issue! I can't wait to try it! :duh

Love the photos, I think the figure looks great. My only beef, like everyone else, are the glasses. Definitely need to do something about those.

Billy Ray, you barely hit on the color difference between Toht's hands/head and the wrist joints/neck. Did this difference really not bother you much? I found it to be distracting and goofy. Funny that they went with such a pale color on the pro yet such a tanned skin color for the head and hands.:confused:

In a big thumbs up to Sideshow's customer service department they sent me an email (unsolicited, I might add) asking me to confirm my order taking into account the shipping costs to Australia (although, to be fair, they also ignored my previous shipping cost request for Indy!). Unfortunately, based on the figure costs, shipping costs, the fact I just lost my job and the final look of the figure I'm going to have to pass. It's not that it looks terrible, but the smooth look of the sculpt is only ok, the head/neck colour difference would bother me and those glasses are terrible. For almost the same final cost, I've got the Godfather coming, and if it comes down to Toht vs him it's no contest. I actually much prefer Raiders as a movie, but the difference in figure quality is unbelievable.

Billy Ray, you barely hit on the color difference between Toht's hands/head and the wrist joints/neck. Did this difference really not bother you much? I found it to be distracting and goofy. Funny that they went with such a pale color on the pro yet such a tanned skin color for the head and hands.:confused:

Oh yeah, it's quite a difference. The wrists can be hidden pretty well, thankfully and the neck to a certain degree (especially if he has his coat on), but yeah, it's still pretty puzzling why they did this.

For people looking for replacement glasses, I happened across these at goodstufftogo for $5. Don't know if they're the right style or not, but I thought I'd post it just in case anyone's interested.

https://www.goodstufftogo.net/html/catalog1.asp?ID=524
JapaneseOfficerGlasses.jpg

They are the right style, but the color looks a little off. Still, I would be willing to live with non screen accurate color for a better looking pair of glasses. I might just order a set, thanks!

...still trying to decide here whether I need the Ark or not (not interested in a Toht figure) or if my Indy & Idol Environ. is enough for me.

Hmm.... might get it and sell of Toht (after a repaint or something.... lol)

Looks not bad though :)

They are the right style, but the color looks a little off. Still, I would be willing to live with non screen accurate color for a better looking pair of glasses. I might just order a set, thanks!

There's always silver spray paint! It would work great!

There's always silver spray paint! It would work great!
I would suggest a thin tipped silver paint marker instead. A little less messy and complicated I would think.

Oh yeah, it's quite a difference. The wrists can be hidden pretty well, thankfully and the neck to a certain degree (especially if he has his coat on), but yeah, it's still pretty puzzling why they did this.

It's just sloppy, really. Like I said, I did a swap out, and that helped but I just don't get these kind of issues that always pop up with, what seems like, every release I pick up as of late.

BTW, I turned the ankles on my ST and he's now stand free. Thanks! :whip

Back