Sideshow 1/6 ROTLA Toht image thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMG_15682.JPG

Nose and mouth look really great on this sculpt. Eyebrows on this and the melty head could do with some tweezing though.

Good evening Fraulein!

Major disappointment. Looks nothing like the production photos. Glasses look horrible. Suit looks cheap. Guess Toht got a "tan" right before his face melted off.

I soooo want to like this one but it just isn't doin' it for me. It looks like a really nice Hasbro figure and that's about it.

Indy still stands alone.

I like the Melty head.

Some of you Guys have to look at the big picture here. This will likely be the ONLY Toht ever made in 1/6. So, if you're a BIG Indy Fan it is a fine base Fig to work with. I look at it like a HT Hudson. It's all there, outfit, accessories, etc. Make a few upgrades and you'll be very happy.

I would love to see this repainted and with a new set of glasses. Then we'll all see the true potential of this Figure.:D

I soooo want to like this one but it just isn't doin' it for me. It looks like a really nice Hasbro figure and that's about it.

Indy still stands alone.

Make that a $100 Hasbro figure. It really is disheartening to see the difference in quality reduced from the production photos and even the 360 looked better. Makes you wonder if Sideshow is really having Hasbro manufacture these so they can make an enormous profit off Hasbro's manufacturing costs.

Beautiful PICS, Billy! Excellent. Thank you for taking them.

That looks great!

This one not so much.

I know these pics are like 4x the actual size. So how is the melty head in hand, really? Is it everything it should be? Some of the paint strokes seem... well, painted.

I like it. It has a nice "wet" look to it, if that makes sense. I'm sure one the talented folks on here could make it look even better, but I am happy with it. IRL, the blood looks a lot redder than in my pics.

I like it. It has a nice "wet" look to it, if that makes sense. I'm sure one the talented folks on here could make it look even better, but I am happy with it. IRL, the blood looks a lot redder than in my pics.

Good, relief. First photos always get heavily scrutinized, as you well know.

Anyway, I trust the opinion of someone who has the fig in hand over 100 photos. If Billy's happy, so will I.

I hate the regular face but I doubt I would pose him with it anyway. I will for sure have to get him now the melty head looks great.

I thought the reg face came out better than I was expecting. He looks really young, because of the even skin tone, but the face is there.

But yeah, tough not to use the melty head on this one.

I already bought those glasses mentioned earlier in the thread, not gonna let those silly glasses ruin this fig. I'm probably going to display with the melty head either way, just cuz it looks cooler and he comes with the Ark, so why not??

I'm posing him with the melty head for now, but I will probably change him up form time to time.

The regular head looks great IMO, but the glasses really do take a lot away from it. Upon seeing it, my wife (not a big Indy fan) said "Why are his glasses so thick, why didn't they make them out of metal? Why do Indy's dad's glasses (medi) look so much better?"

I think, besides the rims being too thick, they are a tad to wide for his eyes.

A couple other things I noticed:

- The shoes are nice (as always), but not as shiny as the proto's

- The lapels of his coat are sewed down, like Indy's, at both points

- The belt on the coat can be sinched, but not secured in the opposite belt loop (well, maybe, but not very easily)

- He has belt loops on his pants, but no belt. Not a biggie as you will probably never see it, but still odd.

- This is my first SS figure with a tie and now I see what all the fuss is about.

- The shirt collar is drving me nuts. There's just no way to make it lay flat. I may wind up throwig a couple of stiches in it or some of that toupe' tape.

- Just wanted to mention again how TIGHT the pro body is on mine! I didn't really have the problems with Indy that a lot of folks did, but this one is TIGHT!

- This is my first SS figure with a tie and now I see what all the fuss is about.

- The shirt collar is drving me nuts. There's just no way to make it lay flat. I may wind up throwig a couple of stiches in it or some of that toupe' tape.

Same issue with Belloq. Try ironing the collar flat and down so it will lay tight, and also try pulling the tie-loop to stretch it out a bit so it's not so tight.

As long as you have the iron out, it's worth ironing the jacket and particularly the pants to get that crisp crease. Makes a big difference. You might also find that it helps to fold the cuff up inside the pants a bit, like tailoring real pants, so they hang nice and don't bunch up at the feet.

Thanks for all the feedback/warnings. It helps to know what you're getting in advance with these Indy figures. I got Indy and Belloq first and both kinda threw me with little things.

Thanks for the great gallery of shots, Billy Ray. I really like his look in this picture. The suit looks terrific and it's great to see a release with so many accessories again.

He'll need some futzing but he looks really good. Wor-Gar must be elated!

Man...those glasses are just horrible. I'm sure though that someone here will find a source for some much better ones. Here's some shots to help anyone who wants to take on the task or custom make some. You can also see that the Nazi pin needs some work, although I am incredibly impressed that it was left on the final figure. Bravo to Sideshow for that one. I'm also a little weirded out that there are squigley designs on the shirt. Where did they get the idea they were like that? I dunno. I do like the sculpt a lot but as per usual they don't seem to have done their homework and left many errors in their wake. Overall though, I dig it since it will be the only Toht we'll get, at least for a very long time. I'm just glad the sculpt turned out as nice as it did.

3311921510_26a731fa72_b.jpg

3313620343_e928fbf633_b.jpg

3323526474_5b27837c4e_b.jpg

3338976483_9b898dcb5d_b.jpg

3354891300_3096c396b6_b.jpg

3354071217_bca481d374_b.jpg

3354891438_f1d4fa7d6c_b.jpg

3354071247_19580006ec_b.jpg

Thanks for the great gallery of shots, Billy Ray. I really like his look in this picture. The suit looks terrific and it's great to see a release with so many accessories again.

He'll need some futzing but he looks really good. Wor-Gar must be elated!

Thanks Jedibear! I am in no way as accomplished a photographer as you, or a lot of the other guys on here. I basically just take a lot of pics and only keep the good ones (usually the ones that are in focus).

I wish my Indy weren't packed up right now so I could take some side by sides, but we are moving soon, and trying to sell our current house, so all my collectibles had to be packed up as they don't make the house look "welcoming", whatever the hell that means :rolleyes:.

Back