Sideshow 1/6 ROTLA Indiana Jones Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
FlyandFight: I agree with you. When I was putting the body together and doing the work on it.. before I put the customised head back on. It looked so human in proportions.. I couldnt have been happier with it. You could picture in your head where the brim of that hat should have been and how it would all look.

But when you put the head on, its higher, bigger and taller than it should be to go with the body. The body is very 'slight' in it's build, and unfortunately they've not matched up the head size quite right to go with this body. If the head was just a touch smaller in comparison to the body (or the body a touch larger) then it would be fine.

I think it will work well for certain characters that have certain types of clothing on, but my problem is that the Hot Toys body for me is just TOO wide in the shoulder, and not human lookng at all.

So the choices are human looking.. but body a bit small... or not human looking, but the right size.

Ahh well, I guess not every figure on my shelf can be perfect (even though the perfectionist in me doesn't want to allow that) :lol

DarthNeil: When I sculpted the neck on, I did it so the head would be forward a little bit. Whenever I look at pics of harrison (and most people) the head is a little bit forward over the shoulders, and not directly above them) so I just sculpted the neck like this. With the normal 2 piece neck you should be able to get this look I'd imagine. push the neck forward, and tilt the head up level.

As for the shoulders, well that was a mixture of glueing the shirt down to the body on the shoulders so it wouldnt 'puff up', and then making sure the jacket is pulled down at the front. Clothes fiddling can make or break a figure.

I found that the base for Mr. Eko from McFarlane's LOST figure works really well for Indy. Looking into creating a photo backdrop to use with the base.

I have also been working on a homemade base, but still a WIP which hopefully I can post finished in the near future.

Hey you could actually look on ebay for Johnny West Horse...like the used vintage ones...they are much cheaper than the Dragon ones...how much did you pay for the dragon horse??:horror

Thanks for forcing me to buy a 1:6 horse! :mad: Your Indy looked so good I had to find a Dragon horse and drop the cash on it. :D

Glad to see some customizers bringing out this sculpt like it deserves to be!!!! Now I am seeing Harrison more so than ever!!!! Excellent work all.

Darren, you nailed it. The proportions appear off between just the head and the rest of the body, just as you mentioned. Fantastic job on the sculpted neck. That REALLY brings more of the Harry Ford into the figure. :rock

TheNam, keep in mind that the Dragon horse is not an "Arabian" horse, but of a larger breed of "work" horse, if you will. I can't remember the exact type at the moment, but the figure may look slightly undersized riding the horse. It's an excellent rendition, though, and should still work out ok. I've got one in the closet but haven't yet found the perfect use for it. (Was thinking of making him "Brego" for my Aragorn figure, but the large size just didn't look right for Brego.)

Hey you could actually look on ebay for Johnny West Horse...like the used vintage ones...they are much cheaper than the Dragon ones...how much did you pay for the dragon horse??:horror

:lol, no worries, I scored a fantastic deal, $60 shipped (horse was loose). I wanted a horse I could pose depending on my moods, so it was Dragon or no. Now I just need to customize it to something closer to the one in the film.

Finally received my figure today.... looks great better then I was expecting from the none customed photo's.very nice & lots of extra gear

well this isn't anything new with my custom really (and I still haven't dusted up the jacket yet!) but I put Indy on the stand from the Darth Maul probe droid thingies.... looks quite cool as Indy when he's in Egypt or somewhere I think :)

photo001Large.jpg

photo002Medium-1.jpg

Great work. Really sad mine doesn't have a sculpted neck now. I actually posed mine in a really similiar manner before seeing this pic. Only the whip is more across his body and his palm isn't facing up. I really like yours though.

Received mine yesterday here's some pics after basic futzing and a little touch up to the 5 o-clock shadow
just click for the bigger pic

Last edited:
some more. just click for the bigger pic.

While I luv this figure & think it is the best from SSC in my collection my nit picks would be.

1. I'm not a fan of the neck joint I'd prefer a natural look rather then the articulation
2. Ankle to knee too long or thigh to knee to short or they need to design a knee joint that pushes a knee cap out when bent
3. As already noted the shoulders could be a tad wider

The good things.
1. The body poses well
2. the clothes fit well
3 luv the new hand joints
4. The sculpt is awesome & the extra head a great bonus

Last edited:
alright, I need help. I CANNOT get the button in the holster to close. It is cheesing me off to no end. Why didn't they use a magnet here? Any tips for the clueless?

I found that if you pull up the stap to the closer and roll your finger nail around it it will close well.
-Dwing ( I freaking posted under my wifes log in again)

Here are some pics of my Indy. Got him for Christmas and I absolutely love him, it's such a fun figure.

picture.php

picture.php

Back