Sideshow 1/6 ROTLA Indiana Jones Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sean, you know these things, how can I download and save that video? It's too classic not to have. Is it possible?

Short answer, I'll do it for you and email it to you or post it on my webhost for you to download like I've done in the past.

There are Firefox browser plugins you can get to that allow you to download the video, then you'd also need a player for FLV videos, I can convert it to a Quicktime video for you.

Sean, you know these things, how can I download and save that video? It's too classic not to have. Is it possible?

Yeah, its quite possible. We save YT stuff for school all the time. You just have to convert it over. Only takes a few.

Short answer, I'll do it for you and email it to you or post it on my webhost for you to download like I've done in the past.

There are Firefox browser plugins you can get to that allow you to download the video, then you'd also need a player for FLV videos, I can convert it to a Quicktime video for you.

Excellent! Thanks!

I don't have Firefox or anything like that. Very behind the techy times. I still have the same V60 cellphone I got in 2001. :lol

I'm good at upgrading my figures, not so good at upgrading myself.

Just can't leave this figure alone! Here are some more pics I took:

IMG_09131.JPG

IMG_09252.JPG

IMG_09261.JPG

IMG_09273.JPG

IMG_09284.JPG

IMG_09313.JPG

IMG_09342.JPG

IMG_09352.JPG

I fiddled with one of mikes pics in photoshop to see what the hat would look like lowered, definately going to work on this once i get mine:
indyhatcomp.jpg

Now, is there a way to get rid of the Doll Dot without totally repainting the eyes? Like...just putting a dab of black over it? Could that work?

not black, that would make his eyes look gozzy.... move the direction of his pupils. you should try to buy/mix the same colour of this eyes and use that (thats with most figs anyway, not sure where tehy've put the dots on this one)

and Magnuz... that's something I'm definitely thinking about whenever i get this figure. It was one of the first things I thought about when I saw it. However... i'll have to make sure, because there are some shots in the film where he's talking to marion and others, and he has it pushed up a little on his forehead like that... so it will have to be decided for SURE before going ahead with it.

Does look good though, just depends which part of the film you like best

I may give that a try with my Indy's eyes Darren. I definitely want to lose the "doll dot". I really hate those now. Would it be good to put some clear coat on the eyes after I repainted them? To give them that glossy look? Let me know here. Thanks.

I can't stop posing this thing! Here's my latest.

DSCN0562.jpg

Took a bit of balancing, as the joints still haven't firmed up too much. But once there, he's holding it fairly well.

I may give that a try with my Indy's eyes Darren. I definitely want to lose the "doll dot". I really hate those now. Would it be good to put some clear coat on the eyes after I repainted them? To give them that glossy look? Let me know here. Thanks.

I've got a small jar of glos varnish from a hobby shop, which I apply after I've used gloss spray varnish, them matt varnish on the head.. but thats after a full repaint. If you're just touching up the eyes to remove the dot... then yeah.. a TINY brush, and some of that will make them all shiny :)

There's a mis-assumption in here though. Sideshow's never had skin texture on their portraits not by choice, but just because they don't know how to do it. I've talked to Trev about this before, and he'd like to know how Yulli and the other HT guys accomplish the effect.

SSC sculptors give their portraits their best effort, the only difference now will be that when they sculpt subtle details, like faint wrinkles, they'll show through better now because there's no paint filling them in.

Okay, so they aren't even at that level yet.

Even still, Sideshow's previous method of painting the head I believe would've covered up these subtle details.

Oh where to begin. I got mine a few days ago and i have to say there was alot wrong with it. First the body was flimsy, The paint applications suck, the hat had a chunk taken out of it, the idol was shedding its gold finish, The dart doesnt even fit into the torch, come on Sideshow!! Im glad a paid 89.99 for this figure. :mad:

Back