Sideshow 1/6 R5-D4

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just picked this guy up using one of Sideshows Force Friday codes, and free international shipping !! Can't get better than that !

My plan was to put him with my Sandtrooper. Looking through the thread a lot of other people have done the same, so glad I was on the right track !

Now I've just got to paint and assemble my 1/6 Gonk droid and I'll have a Tatooine droid collection ready for a little diorama when I get around to it.

Looking for a good price on this guy. I don't mind buying a used one too as long as it's complete with the box.

He's got free shipping from Sideshow at the moment, and I imagine if you sign up for one of those random contests you'd get a $25 coupon that works on him. $115 shipped isn't too bad for this guy.

He's got free shipping from Sideshow at the moment, and I imagine if you sign up for one of those random contests you'd get a $25 coupon that works on him. $115 shipped isn't too bad for this guy.

I had an opportunity to grab it for just over $100 shipped but passed because the SSC body-type is undersized.

The SSC R2 irks me on the shelf due to size issues, so I couldn't face another one of the same size. That being said, if you can ignore the size issue, it's an absoluetly superb looking fig (better in-person than R2) that I couldn't imagine HT topping.

This on is much better than R2 which feels cheap and much more like a toy. Besides Sideshow Battle Droids, R5 is my favorite droid i have of theirs.

Anyone happen to have seen this still on sale anywhere? I know BBTS and Timewalker had them for quite a while, but as usual it looks like I waited just a bit too long. :p

Yeah, I saw a pretty great deal maybe nine months ago (like $130 shipped) but passed because it's a bit underscale. But there are days I wish I had grabbed it anyway. It's a really nice piece.

Yeah, same. It was never something I felt an urgent need for, but looking at the proto again reminded me of just how cool it looked with that heavier weathering, so figured I'd try to track one down for a mod.

Didn't realize he was under-scaled? Interesting...

Shame you guys didn't jump on him. For me he was an absolute must and is still one of my fav's. The weathered effect they did was really impressive.

Didn't realize he was under-scaled? Interesting...

He's not under-scaled. Not sure why people are saying that. The body is the same one they used for R2-D2, which is perfectly in scale with the rest of their 12" figures.

Back