Sideshow 1/6 R5-D4

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
R5 is in da house :)

Very cool little addition. Beautiful paint apps - particularly for Sideshow.

Actually, I suppose I meant the foot more than anything. It kind of swings and doesn't hold it's pose very well.

Don't remember ever seeing him with two but he definitely has one during the line up scene at Lars' homestead.

tumblr_namhc7lBcb1s4p4ago4_250.gif

I would buy every single R2 put out by SSC. I love these guys. I might buy another R5 and R2 and attempt a color variation custom.

But are they there in the movie??
Looks like he has one on at the 30 second mark here, maybe the 45 second mark too. When they decide to purchase R5 though it doesn't look like it's on as he's rolling toward Luke. Then when it cuts to R2 around 2:05 you actually still see R5 hanging next to R2 and it looks like it might be on there as well (looks like re-used footage from earlier--never noticed that).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MspVCc0_R3g

The antenna you can see clearly around the 35 second mark for a split second as the sun hits it just right and then a couple times after that.

And of course in the famous photo of Luke that the vintage card used:
r5d4%20carded.jpg

Diggin' Skippy!

I think it came out great! Yes, the deco doesn't match the proto, but in this case, I think less is more. It looks really good. "Bad motivator" works well.
A little heads-up...the two antennae were loose in the tray (at first I thought they were missing), and the head flew right off the figure when I pulled it from the tray (went right back on and looks fine)...so use care and watch out when removing from the box and tray.

Another cool droid...

Last edited:
It's gold! You WONT regret it :)

Wasn't even on my radar - and now I love it!

Do it. I'm surprised by how much I like it.

:gah: Peer pressure. Ok, bought. Used popcultcha pennies to bring him down to $169.99AUD. Even with the Feb sideshow coupon he would have been around $220AUD shipped and converted. Now watch him go on clearance.

:gah: Peer pressure. Ok, bought. Used popcultcha pennies to bring him down to $169.99AUD. Even with the Feb sideshow coupon he would have been around $220AUD shipped and converted. Now watch him go on clearance.

Yup - we're getting thumped at the moment :(

Didn't seem like that long ago it was on parity.

Back