Sideshow 1/6 R2-D2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here is a full gallery...

Rebelscum Star Wars Photo Archive

Sideshow-Collectibles-R2-D2-Sixth-Scale-Figure-Review-053.jpg

Looks fine to me. If you think it's off then don't get it so it won't be disappointing to you.:stormtroo
Can't wait to receive mine.:impatient:

I'm on the fence! Do I want it? Sure! I have a space for it right beside My HT Luke! Will wait to see YouTube reviews. Bottom line $150 is a good price!

I'm on the fence! Do I want it? Sure! I have a space for it right beside My HT Luke! Will wait to see YouTube reviews. Bottom line $150 is a good price!

That's what I intend to display it, with HT Luke too and yes $150 is a good price.:clap

Did the Medi R2 have a seam? That figure may be the size of a Christmas ornament, but other than that it looks good.

I have the Medi C-3PO and R2. I can say Medi finishes on this 2 figures are superb. And yes, no seam on there R2. But still, as a Star Wars fan. I'm still getting the Sideshow version.

Damn....Im not in love with the overall shape. Dome looks off. High and narrow perhaps?

You have to remember lenses distort curves quite a bit and could be distorting the dome. I assembled movie scene pics of 3PO's head (all looking straight at camera) and put three pics side-by-side and they all looked so different - fatter and wider, narrow and thinner, top of head more bulbous. Amazing to see so much variation.

The overall R2 shape's not looking bad to me but he definitely needs a set of "partial wheels" that will raise him up 1/8"-1/4" Youtube vids will help to judge the shape.

I have the Medi C-3PO and R2. I can say Medi finishes on this 2 figures are superb. And yes, no seam on there R2. But still, as a Star Wars fan. I'm still getting the Sideshow version.

Is the Medi R2 dome metal or painted plastic? I'm guessing it's plastic.

Hmm... obviously a better metallic paint than what SSC's factory uses. That factory does Happy Meal toys also I believe.:lol

The Medi dome paint wasn't brilliant either IMO. On the ones I've had it was also very sloppy, plus the Medi dome wasn't perfectly flush wo the body so there was light leak at the joint when the lights were on.

From the photos I've seen of the SSC R2, IT looks better in every way (apart from the seam)

The Medi dome paint wasn't brilliant either IMO. On the ones I've had it was also very sloppy, plus the Medi dome wasn't perfectly flush wo the body so there was light leak at the joint when the lights were on.

From the photos I've seen of the SSC R2, IT looks better in every way (apart from the seam)

Oh, okay. I've only seen the Medis at a friend's house. That was a few years ago though. I remember them being really cool. Glad to hear the SSC R2 may top it.

Are you sure the dome wasn't completely set? Cause you have to pull the dome off to install the battery, maybe the dome wasn't completely pushed in.
Mine has no light leak. And the paintjob looks great.

I'm still waiting on more in hand pics cause I have the SS r2 on PO but I really love my medi R2.
I know most people were put off cause its on the small side but it doesn't bother me.
The paintjob on the medi is superb.

There's things I like better on SS, and some on medi.
Will have to judge when more in hand pics show up.

Are you sure the dome wasn't completely set? Cause you have to pull the dome off to install the battery, maybe the dome wasn't completely pushed in.
Mine has no light leak. And the paintjob looks great.

Positive, I've owned 4 (3 of the lights only version and 1 light and sound version) and they've all had problems of one sort or another (not all had light leak).

Issues ranged from bad paint applications / light leak / dodgy sound due to poor wiring.

It was nice enough for the prices I paid (ranging from £60 to £99) but it was far from perfect.

Back