Sideshow 1/6 R2-D2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Seam.

Every time. Every ****ing time you think Sideshow are going to redeem themselves they **** things up again. At least the rest of it looks okay.

For now.

Eh, it's not that big a deal. They're basically giving it away at $130.00, so what do you want? I'm not getting it either (due to my OCD with R2) but it's a fine product at that price. Mellow out, Cap.

tumblr_m6bvy6SdOM1qfy2kdo3_500.gif

Did the Medi R2 have a seam? That figure may be the size of a Christmas ornament, but other than that it looks good.

Eh, it's not that big a deal. They're basically giving it away at $130.00, so what do you want? I'm not getting it either (due to my OCD with R2) but it's a fine product at that price. Mellow out, Cap.

What do you mean by OCD with R2? You mean you don't think the SSC R2 is accurate enough?

What do you mean by OCD with R2? You mean you don't think the SSC R2 is accurate enough?
Height's off a touch and girth by quite a bit. Also, I've always disliked that plasticky painted silver look (R2's dome). Spun aluminum dome for me and proper proportions or bust, I'm afraid (also, this is one of the few times where I'd like sound). That said, it's not a knock on this figure or anyone happy with it, just I'd pay a lot more for the definitive R2.

Height's off a touch and girth by quite a bit. Also, I've always disliked that plasticky painted silver look (R2's dome). Spun aluminum dome for me and proper proportions or bust, I'm afraid (also, this is one of the few times where I'd like sound). That said, it's not a knock on this figure or anyone happy with it, just I'd pay a lot more for the definitive R2.

Yeah, I sorta agree on proportions but I think with the drinks tray, he'll look great (and this is the only way to get that drinks tray for me - no one else will make it.) I need a few R2's (one for Jabba dio) so if HT does a better proportioned one, I'll grab it too, even if it's nearly $200. But hey, HT's Vader is just as over-tall as the SSC versions, so their R2 will probably be undersized as well.

As you said, given what this comes with, this R2's a pretty good deal though especially with coupon.

The dome looks terrible. Vader all over again!

Why isn't it looking like metal? How hard can it be... Also, seamingly obvious that seam seams to me. I'm seaming mad, I gotta blow off some seam.

I know the pic is pretty dark but it looks like the paint app has been adressed in the small compartements.

2172-r2-d2-deluxe-008.jpg

This is what I'm thinking as well. I hope it looks good under dioder lighting.

I'm sure it will look good under indoor lighting...overall it's great, based on my friend's comments who already got them.:clap
So now I can't wait for mine to arrive.:impatient:

Back