Sideshow 1/6 R2-D2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
FANTASTIC! Looks awesome. And looks to be an all-in-one OT R2. He'll look great next to my Tama Threepio.

It damn better be in the proper scale!

Looks great! I hope they eventually do a 3PO as a cheaper alternative to Tamashi.

I would think that's certain.

Whether Tama and this are in scale with one another, who knows... who knows if Sideshow's 3PO will be in scale with their own R2.

I expect the Sideshow companion to this to come at SDCC. Yes, I mean an official Sideshow Deluxe 3PO.

So - what about you then? :lol

Yeah, me included. But I won't be looking to drop $300-400 on 3PO any time soon. At this stage I don't think I'd pay more than $200 for the Tama 3PO. I'm hopeful Sideshow will have enough demand and/or forethought to do their own and at the same time finished as a better match to R2 (weathering for instance).

Yeah, me included. But I won't be looking to drop $300-400 on 3PO any time soon. At this stage I don't think I'd pay more than $200 for the Tama 3PO. I'm hopeful Sideshow will have enough demand and/or forethought to do their own and at the same time finished as a better match to R2 (weathering for instance).

A SS 3PO teased now would be a $250 figure if done right.

I'm not sure I see a SS 3PO being a $250 figure. Vader is $250 and he comes with an excessive amount of accessories/extras. All those add up to huge molding/production costs. Even Sideshow's upcoming deluxe clothed Hoth figures are $200, with the Probe Droid being the only other plastic non-humanoid clocking in at $250 - again a lot more parts and molding than 3PO. I'd expect $200 to be the upper end of the pricing scale for a SS 3PO done in plastics.

Fingers crossed they do a 2-pack with R2. ;)

Last edited:
I lol when I seen mention of bens hilt on the table!!!amazing what excitment does to long time star wars fans.
kudos SSC...R2 looks beautiful.
must have!!
Now start bringing more OT.

Excellent! Nice surprise, though we had to wait until Sunday to know for sure. Down for two if they're in scale. :pray:

Guessing this means R2-D4 is a possibility, too, down the line.

I'm not sure I see a SS 3PO being a $250 figure. Vader is $250 and he comes with an excessive amount of accessories/extras. All those add up to huge molding/production costs. Even Sideshow's upcoming deluxe clothed Hoth figures are $200, with the Probe Droid being the only other plastic non-humanoid clocking in at $250 - again a lot more parts and molding than 3PO. I'd expect $200 to be the upper end of the pricing scale for a SS 3PO done in plastics.

Fingers crossed they do a 2-pack with R2. ;)

I see 3PO being closer to a probe droid build than a Vader build though. Vader is a basically a regular body inside a suit, whereas 3PO is a more complex build (again, if done 'right').

I'd guess plastic... Sideshow's used plastic on all of the other droids would seem odd now to switch to metal for someone who really wouldn't benefit from it at all.

Unicorn horn is also a possibility, but I assume they'll save that for the PT version.

You think plastic. I can't tell. It looks like the lightsaber has some kind of magnet thing going on to help open those compartments and that would mean metal. I tried catching the opening sequences but it's done so fast I really cannot tell how the saber is actually used to open thing. Magnetic, a push and open option, I small wedge or hook thing going on??????? I know it would mean more money but I'm hoping diecast or some kind of hot toys type 40% diecast hybrid. He's a droid dang it, droids should be metal.......

YES!!!! This is awesome! I'm in for this one. Does everyone think this is really gonna run over $250? That seems excessive for this, but who am I kidding? I need this in my collection. :yess:

YES!!!! This is awesome! I'm in for this one. Does everyone think this is really gonna run over $250? That seems excessive for this, but who am I kidding? I need this in my collection. :yess:
I'd be shocked if it was less than $250.00. All original molds for everything, plus a ton of accessories. No way it'll be less.

Back