Sideshow 1/6 R2-D2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
tumblr_mqm0qbh01o1r3vs52o1_500.gif

I personally look forward to the 3p0 from sideshow I'm sure they sat back and took notes from medicom and temashi as to what not to do with there protocol droid. also what they can do as well. best of both worlds. Im sure temashi figure can be used as a night light, when your stumbling from a last night Margareta to the bathroom.

I don't think SS gives a flip about Tamashii doll.

I agree after the stunt tamashi pulled. personally i hope he does come somewhat shiny though so he will look like he does in most scenes, since he was only really mucky in a few scenes. i think if he was a healthy amt of shinny and weathered that would be fine.

I know you're not trying to say C3PO was ever clean/pristine and super shiny in the movie, so you must be trying to show his weathering. There are much better scenes to show that of course, even on the Tantive IV. C3PO is weathered right from the start - the super clean Tamashii rendition is just another one of its many faults. ;) SSC's rendition is going to make the Tama look like something from Hasbro. :panic: He's like an articulated Academy Award. :rotfl

Right on man, anyone who watched the movies know's he was only ultra polished for the award ceremony, they had to tarnish him alittle to show up on camera and not blind everyone. i think 3po will be around 11.75" tall since he has to be slightly taller than luke but shorter than han solo.

Last edited:
I agree after the stunt tamashi pulled. personally i hope he does come somewhat shiny though so he will look like he does in most scenes, since he was only really mucky in a few scenes. i think if he was a healthy amt of shinny and weathered that would be fine.

What stunt did Tamashi pull?

that was discussed on the temashii page don't really want to open that can of worms here

:exactly: it's not like it's big news i thought id just leave it at what i said. just like the crow said to poe
never.more.jpg
which is about how long that contract with them lasted...hmm long enough to do what they did and tell hasbro "suckers"

I don't see why it's such a big deal that you can post - twice- about not expanding on what you said, yet you can't sum it up for me. I have been subscribed to (and reading) the tamashi thread since last year. It is gargantuan and running a search is fruitless. I am genuinely curious what you meant. PM me if you don't want it here.

Making a miniature R2? Trying to side-step Sideshow? Those are the only two "stunts" I can think of.

Making a miniature R2? Trying to side-step Sideshow? Those are the only two "stunts" I can think of.

Ditto. But those didn't seem like "stunts" to me really. R2 was a just a place holder so I am not convinced we ever saw the real prototype and the Sideshow thing I can understand. The two companies obviously had a falling out. I don't see how that qualifies as "pulling a stunt". So I assumed it was something else I missed.

R2 was a just a place holder so I am not convinced we ever saw the real prototype

If this were a game, I'd be "all in" on what we saw having been the final prototype. Especially since it was labeled as waiting for licensor approval. There's no way anyone would create moulds or any kind of tooling at a scale only marginally different than the one they were going to make a final product from.

I don't consider it a stunt though. Maybe the trying to side-step Sideshow thing - if it's anything more than just a rumor anyway - anyone who knows isn't talking.

Yeah. I am just glad we are getting this one from Sideshow. Hoping that he isn't too big or too small. :lol

Back