Sideshow 1/6 R2-D2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm sure they'll sculpt Threepio perfectly. I'm saying that just by seeing the look of R2. Most impressive pricing too :)
I bet they will use the molds from the Tamishii Nations/Bandai C-3PO at least in part, since that was a SS collaboration. They could just re-engineer the leg articulation a bit; perhaps give it an alternate codpiece section for sitting... IN THE 1/6 LAND SPEEDER. It would be nice if they also made the arm pistons smaller too. Other than that, I LOVE my TN 3PO. The look is just soooo friggin' metallic, the proportions and detail are so good. The SS will have to be a dirty version, because I just can't see them even coming close to the metallic look of the TN version with a clean-painted simulation.

Personally, I hope they don't re-use any moulds from Tama, there are just way too many details that are off. Given what's gone down with R2, I'd expect a completely new design and production process.

I've already got the Medi one (v2) and will be the SS one. If Tamashii release one, I'll buy one too. With 3 R2's I'm sure I could easily display him with other characters.

I just hope they release and R5-D4, strangely my favourite droid. The medi r5 is 1 of my favourite figures, but sideshow's detailing on this r2 gives an ssc version more potential (and size)

Personally, I hope they don't re-use any moulds from Tama, there are just way too many details that are off.

hanrollingeyes.gif

I'm glad you're here to tell us these things.

Personally, I hope they don't re-use any moulds from Tama, there are just way too many details that are off. Given what's gone down with R2, I'd expect a completely new design and production process.

There's only one way this could happen. If Ban Dai sell there mould to Sideshow.

There's only one way this could happen. If Ban Dai sell there mould to Sideshow.

I understand that Sideshow was just a distributor for this. But is it Bandai's alone to sell? I don't know if 12" Perfect Model played a part in production, or whether they were the distributor for Asia. In the title 12PM comes before Chogokin.

Back