Sideshow 1/6 R2-D2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't see why it's such a big deal that you can post - twice- about not expanding on what you said, yet you can't sum it up for me. I have been subscribed to (and reading) the tamashi thread since last year. It is gargantuan and running a search is fruitless. I am genuinely curious what you meant. PM me if you don't want it here.

I've followed the Temishee thread pretty closely from go to poe. That so-called stunt must've been in the one post I missed.

I was refering to temashi deciding they could go out on there own and make R2 w/o sideshow, sideshow has hasbro's auth, when temashi did that it made sideshow look bad professionally as well as themselves. they essentially pulled a Trojan horse on sideshow. to get 3po made. then break contract to pull a single then oh oh no R2 because were dumb douchbags.

I was refering to temashi deciding they could go out on there own and make R2 w/o sideshow, sideshow has hasbro's auth, when temashi did that it made sideshow look bad professionally as well as themselves. they essentially pulled a Trojan horse on sideshow. to get 3po made. then break contract to pull a single then oh oh no R2 because were dumb douchbags.

I think perhaps you are reading too much into the situation as a whole. All Tamashi was inferring was that if they made R2 it would be without Sideshow's involvement (ie they would wait for SSC's lease under Hasbro to expire and then they would attempt to produce their own). I think the only company who came out of the whole thing not smelling very good was SSC, to be honest.

However alas, you were right about one thing. It is beginning to smell a bit wormy in here. :)

I think anyone from Tama who would have said or implied such idiocy would have been talking out their arse. There's little chance they know anything specific about Sideshow's sub-license from Hasbro. And the odds of them being granted a license without Sideshow's involvement would be very slim indeed - Bandai is one of Hasbro's big competitors globally. Like I said previously, I have no idea if there's any truth to this at all or if it was just speculation on the part of some fan. It sounds like absolute BS to me.

While we're all about speculation and heresay rather than facts coming from a reliable source, don't forget about a Sideshow employee stealing the R2 prototype at the con being the catalyst that brought down the whole agreement :lecture

Oh noz! A can has been opened! :panic:

Luke__s_Can_of_Worms_by_munchester2cool.jpg

The only "fault" I can see with the Tamashii Threepio are the oversized pistons, but I can see how that is a compromise between form and function. If they truly made it 1/6th the real width, those damn things on the figure would snap so easily there'd be complaints and QC issues all over the place!!

So what are the other faults you're talking about pixelpiper? I'm not asking to start a flame war or anything, I'm actually genuinely interested in what faults or inaccuracies you think there are!

As for an eventual Sideshow release, I've got no doubt that they will release their own weathered version to go with this Artoo deluxe (they would be stupid not to!). But I would be very surprised if their Threepio is superior to this Tamashii Threepio. I mean, I thought their PF version of Threepio looked pretty terrible!

Back