Sideshow 1/6 R2-D2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did people actually getget an email with tracking number for their replacements? I only got the email with some internal order number but not sure if it's shipped......

I heard back from them last Saturday, my replacement dome didn't ship until a week later, just received it this evening. They'll send you a shipping notice when it ships.

My little R2 arrived with Han on Monday. I seem to have been lucky as the appears to have no issues. Yeah build quality isn't amazing but he looks awesome on display :)

My R2 has really no issues (aside from two floppy panels) - but a curious thing with the drinks tray setup. The pegs on the "arms" that fit over R2's feet don't plug in flush to the actual tray. Anyone else have this issue?

Thanks.

Can't find who said to create an account with FedEX but whoever it was, thank you very much..., just had my debit card charged for R2 & no £12.00 handling fee, YAY!!! :) I may now be tempted to by more direct knowing things are going to be that little bit cheaper when I order...

It's funny how many people were saying "SSC R2 won't match Tama 3PO because of the weathering".... and yet they look brilliant together.

Hasn't Matrix's R2 been de-weathered at all? Kind of looks like it in that photo. They look fine together anyway, I was just worried R2 would look too short. But it still looks good, despite R2 being a little undersized - which I've resolved myself to believing is a totally scene (and prop)-dependant issue anyway. ;)

Last edited:
Hasn't Matrix's R2 been de-weathered at all? Kind of looks like it in that photo. They look fine together anyway, I was just worried R2 would look too short. But it still looks good, despite R2 being a little undersized - which I've esolved myself to believing is a totally scene (and prop)-dependant issue anyway. ;)

It's just his beauty shining through his dome,he loves the camera:wink1:

Sideshow is sending me a new drink tray as my one had the wrong bit on the end of the right side. It did not have any pegs to attach the tray leg/arm whatever. I have to destroy the defective one but cannot burn it as I intended as they explicitly tell you not to.

I originally purchased the "regular" R2 but then singed up for the on the waiting list for the exclusive figure. It arrived today with some differences. None of the panels on the front flop opened when the body is held parallel to the ground. Both the life scanner and periscope stay up without tugging on them. They stay up on my regular R2 as well but I have to pull up on them and give them a bit of a twist. There is one small clean spot on the weathering but that could happen in real life so no problems.

Yeah, it's a truly bizarre thing that the 1/6 SSC carbonite environment didn't come with lights. It's only ever seen in the dark.

They put lights in a crack in the wall of the archway environment (which makes no sense) yet they don't put lights even on the "bottom lights" area below the carbonite block? Weird.:lol

Nice work on the lights by the way, matrix!:gah::lol

Back