Sideshow 1/6 R2-D2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Super nitpick but this one small panel underneath the blue arms stands out to me and looked better on the prototype. Looks like a different color plastic on mine compared with the other panels (almost greenish tint). Also lacks the same definition or border that the others have. Doesn't really bother me, but seems more like an oddity. This shot is just proto vs production.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1423344612.635993.jpg

Thank you so much for this bit of information on the light switch, one of my few gripes with this figure was the fact you had to keep removing the head to activate the lights or turn them off and for the price I thought they should have put a button on the outside like with the probe droid....I am very pleased now that i know about the touch panel switch....i would never have figured it out without seeing your post...so many thanks.

Glad i could help. To my surprise, it seems quite a few buyers had no knowledge of that "touch" feature. I thought more would have seen SDCC's video where it was demonstrated.

R2 now appears to be shipping "normally" with the regular version available for "Buy Now" on the site.

Got my email notification from ssc today that a new dome is on the way. I may try to repair it before I have to destroy it just to see if I could have fixed it without tearing it up. and if my repair is successful i will celebrate this accomplishment by taking hammer and beating the crap out of r2's head.......:yess:

My first ever, ever Star Wars figure back in 1978 was R2-D2 after the first wave of Kenner finally hit the stores. I'm completely blown away by this figure. Very happy.

My slightly cleaned up R2 with JJ flairs:
KzlYm49h.jpg

My dome is just a mess, sure it looks good but the Life-Form Scanner won't actually extend past this point no matter how hard I pulled and the periscope is always popped out of the dome (in it's rest position) instead of being streamlined with it. The eye up there is also surprisingly loose. I also have a loose panel and R2's bottom blue arm panel comes out at times.P1040605.jpg

Has anyone else watched this video?
It's very difficult (read: impossible) to focus on Chad's review,
while Angie's R2-DDD's are staring you in the face.

this broad is just a tease....smoking hot....always wearing these low cut tops with these huge cans hanging out....she knows what she is doing. 50% of the views are people who don't even care about the reviews. I don't know why at this age of 40, I'm still so impressed with boobs. Ive seen thousands yet every time its like a the first time.

Got my email notification from ssc today that a new dome is on the way. I may try to repair it before I have to destroy it just to see if I could have fixed it without tearing it up. and if my repair is successful i will celebrate this accomplishment by taking hammer and beating the crap out of r2's head.......:yess:

Lucky. I never get to destroy anything.

Not intentionally anyway :lol

OK quick question.
For those people getting replacement domes from Sideshow,what is the process?
Are they asking you to return the defected dome or destroy it?
My dome is fine except the projector light doesn't work.
I sent an e-mail stating this,and I got a reply about the different touch features and if it still doesn't work they'll start the process for a replacement.
I just want to know what I need to do...destroy it,take pics,send it back?
Any info would be great as this is the first time that I needed to replace anything ordered from them.

Got mine in today--some thoughts on this figure:

First my gripes:

No exclusive sticker on my box- minor yes but I will call ss for replacement.

Yup he is light, and very fragile, thankfully I have followed this thread and am cautions when inspecting and posing my figures.

Now the good:

All accessories accounted for. Paint perfectly weathered for my tastes-no stray mark, paint slop etc.

The magnetic lightsabre is there folks--USE IT. I opens are the body compartments with ease

The head was easy to remove and reattach. The light feature is well executed. I didn't realize that the lights on the back of the head light up! Damn brilliant job sideshow!

The compartments on his head take time and care to figure out, the antenae array doesn't stay up but a small glob of blue tack will solve this.
Overall this is an A+ from Sideshow- and on of my favorite characters realized in 1:6 scale.

A quick question - is the included Luke Jedi saber an actual 1/6 accessory (as in, could put it in a 1/6 Luke Jedi's hand and it would look accurate) or is more something like a themed remote where it's decent detail but is out of scale?

this broad is just a tease....smoking hot....always wearing these low cut tops with these huge cans hanging out....she knows what she is doing. 50% of the views are people who don't even care about the reviews. I don't know why at this age of 40, I'm still so impressed with boobs. Ive seen thousands yet every time its like a the first time.

Yeah, what a classic youtube channel review. Just like in the real world, boobs = views, but youtube has the added benefit that views = $$$.

Nice to see SSC officially pushing their product next to boobs though - the reason this video has popped up again is SSC linked to it in their latest newsletter.

Youboob reviews should be the path forward for all 1/6 promotion.:yess:

No EX sticker on my box either. One of my side doors was off in the box, but I fixed it. My only gripe is that there is a rub on the touch panel of the dome and it created a visible shiny spot on the blue. Its the only issue but its starting to bug me. Anyone think it could easily be fixed? I tried taking a pic, but its hard to see. Its an oval shaped rub about 10 MM long and about 2 mm wide. I may just try to suck it up.

I've hear people talking about pulling the scanner out? I just press down and it's spring loaded. It doesn't pop all the way out but enough to get my fingers on it. Then I just pull it up and it stays in place. Anyway, my R2 has dings and gouges all around the dome. I sent Sideshow an email. I guess this will be my first experience and destroying something. This will be fun.

I'd consider no sticker a PLUS. But that's just me. I'd never pay extra for an exclusive on the aftermarket either, and the exclusive for this particular figure is a total waste of time.

A quick question - is the included Luke Jedi saber an actual 1/6 accessory

It looks like it's based on the same mould as the Sideshow Jedi Luke saber and appears the right size in hand. You'd want to trim off the nub on the tip (why is there?) to make it look more scale. It's basically a saber hilt with a small neodymium magnet on the butt-end.

Yes, I can slap a CCFL blade onto it. ;)

Lucky. I never get to destroy anything.

Not intentionally anyway :lol
Wish I would have waited to split wood til next week.........could have used that 30 ton wood splitter to crush his wee little robot skull........:)
OK quick question.
For those people getting replacement domes from Sideshow,what is the process?
Are they asking you to return the defected dome or destroy it?
My dome is fine except the projector light doesn't work.
I sent an e-mail stating this,and I got a reply about the different touch features and if it still doesn't work
they'll start the process for a replacement.

I just want to know what I need to do...destroy it,take pics,send it back?
Any info would be great as this is the first time that I needed to replace anything ordered from them.
go to the ssc website and scroll down to the returns link. Its easy. Follow the steps which includes your original order number, a description of whats wrong, and if applicable a picture of damage (your issue probably no picture required), then hit submit. Ssc will email within 2 days with what to do.
they send you a replacement, then you have 5 days to destroy it and send pics of said destruction. Be sure not to miss the deadline or you could be charged for your replacement.

Back