Sideshow 1:6 Lando as Skiff Guard Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It is pretty lazy by Sideshow, but thankfully a very easy fix. I’m just going to add some Tamiya dirt weathering to mine. That should do the trick��

I think that's what irritates me is that people THIS lazy are in charge of my favorite property. I'm not going to dye mine...I'm just going to the craft store and getting a spool of new stuff that most closely matches as best I can for $2.

Is it only the straps or the whole belt cracking? ...that?s no good. But other than that he looks quite fantastic tbh. Looks like a man in a suit.

The straps where they are folded over the cumberbund have already cracked and as I was futzing it I noticed the finish on the belt as a whole is extremely thin and easy to scratch right off. I’m really curious to see if others are having the same issue. I’m tempted just to get a second one from SS before it’s too late.

I think that's what irritates me is that people THIS lazy are in charge of my favorite property. I'm not going to dye mine...I'm just going to the craft store and getting a spool of new stuff that most closely matches as best I can for $2.

Good idea. I may just replace them rather than dye them too. Just depends on how difficult they are to untie and tie back together.

Thanks for the review, fremen...greatly appreciated! And wow...that archway...what a fantastic find!

How is the body? The one featured with Mythos Fett is ragdoll-limp. Hoping this one is better.

Parts are up at TA...

Head-Unmasked__11027.1609096473.jpg

Delivered today, on a public holiday, two days early?
Not complaining though, will check him out tomorrow.
From what i've seen, he should really add to my jabba dio.
I'll post a pic or two once he's added.

Here he is! Great looking figure. Always liked the design of this costume, and there appears to be no issue with the cumberband when i was posing him.
Really enhances my display too!
20201229_092029.jpg
20201229_092341.jpg

And with my dio!
20201229_092254.jpg

Sorry, had trouble flipping images.

Parts are up at TA...

Head-Unmasked__11027.1609096473.jpg

I was able to pick up some armor sets, holsters and sashes. I plan on upgrading my human skiff guard customs.

Here he is! Great looking figure. Always liked the design of this costume, and there appears to be no issue with the cumberband when i was posing him.
Really enhances my display too!
View attachment 502426
View attachment 502427

And with my dio!
View attachment 502422

Sorry, had trouble flipping images.

Great setup!!

I should have mine tomorrow. I am really looking forward to adding him to the skiff guard ranks.

Looks like my delivery date changed to tomorrow! Yes!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks guys, the jabba sequence is a great part of Rotj and worthy of some extra display love.
You should be mostly happy with him once he arrives!

I was able to pick up some armor sets, holsters and sashes. I plan on upgrading my human skiff guard customs.

Great setup!!

I should have mine tomorrow. I am really looking forward to adding him to the skiff guard ranks.

Ah, upgrading your Fozec? I think he's the only other one with Lando's armor. I would have grabbed some of the armor but I spent so long tweaking the hasbro armor to get it just right for my custom Lando skiff and Fozec.

Curious to see if the pleather on the parts has the deterioration issue Coco mentioned. I'm a bit concerned about that. The parts I got didn't have any pleather on them but I also have a complete fig coming from Brians Toys (no word from them at all yet...)

I used real leather on my Lando skiff custom but I can see how SSC wouldn't be able to do that for mass production - still for the price this figure was, gummy/crumbling pleather is going to be bad bad bad. Especially because in Coco's up-close pics, the grain makes it appear that they used the same pleather type throughout the figure.

Timewalker charged for this about a week ago so I would expect a shipping notice anytime now, hopefully today or tomorrow.

Back