Sideshow 1:6 Lando as Skiff Guard Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
C'mon man. I know you've "got beef" with SS. But you don't need to throw Jack Bauer under the bus here.

I think we're all pretty happy that Skiff Lando is actually coming. Any decent OT figure release is a good release imo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My apologies if thats how it came off. I don?t see how any of this relates to my feelings towards a company, Also my intentions aren?t to throw someone under a bus. It?s not my fault that he said a bunch of things that were in correct.

The dude would know if Sideshow temporarily lost the license though, something Jack claimed was ridiculous despite all the evidence that suggests otherwise.

Haha had he spoke with less confidence, I probably wouldn?t have taken to time to properly inform the people that he was Ill-informing.

My most wanted 1/6 figure.

Other than Wicket, Hot Toys have not released an absolute must have figure in 12 months.

I am tempted by the Heavy Mandalorian and will get the Wicket/Leia set. But having a 1/6 Lando, and Skiff was always my fave as a kid, is an instant order.

I expect the outfit and helmeted head will be excellent, and that is how I would display this.

Aside from the price and probably the janky ass body, I think it looks good. I?d be all over it at $190.00 maybe $205.00
After asking $265 for a Phicen body with a WW headsculpt, they are clearly basing their pricing off off of Arrogance.

My most wanted 1/6 figure.

Other than Wicket, Hot Toys have not released an absolute must have figure in 12 months.

I am tempted by the Heavy Mandalorian and will get the Wicket/Leia set. But having a 1/6 Lando, and Skiff was always my fave as a kid, is an instant order.

I expect the outfit and helmeted head will be excellent, and that is how I would display this.

I agree. After Qui Gonn, theres not much else.
I?d like to see a padme but still its nothing compared to the previous 4 years..
Personally, I think the well is starting to dry up.
The next two years are going to be crucial for everyone in this game.

Considering we'll most probably get a Hot Toys Bespin Lando this year it's hard to believe I'll probably have 2 Lando figures in the collection.

This guy will be fine with mask on. The more iconic look imo anyway.

Looks good here if they can pull off the leatherwork and paint app with good quality in production.

bc053a6a9e077b4dcc3d47c316cac67b.jpg
3deec88328bf5a8c93804b104171a269.jpg
56fb382ce1739d01f1a4af9955e4ac6b.jpg

The masked sculpt looks good. However.... The unmasked sculpt is typical sideshow soft sculpting. Not a big fan of that.

My... what a price for a figure with no accessories, weitd body... and after what came to happen with SS Jack Burton... Hated to sell it, but it was not good at all. Not for me this time at that cost.

Well, the proto looks real good, downright stunning in fact. I don't mind the portrait. It's not dead-on, but like many portraits from many companies, it looks good from certain angles.

The outfit's detail is really great, As for folks concerned about it translating into the production version, I'm sitting here staring at the Mythos Kenobi I got and am very pleased with how it looks.

Have to wonder if we're looking at a potential low edition here. While everyone is stoked on the presumably forthcoming Bespin version (we're still waiting for Han for force's sake!) I don't see that coming anytime soon. We'll see if he makes an appearance at SDCC later this year. As many have mentioned, I actually like this look better for the character. That ole blue smoothie outfit may be more iconic, but this one just rocks harder visually. I;m sure this SSC figure will look great on display.

Would be displayed with the helmet on most the time anyways, but bummer that the likeness looks more like an artistic interpretation of Billy Dee. Face looks a bit too gaunt and grizzled, and the hair seems off too. Should look a bit more dry, messy, and 'poofy' for lack of a better term.

Screen Shot 2020-01-23 at 6.03.13 PM.jpg

I?ve always loved the design and the Kenner figure was one of my favourites growing up. I think SS have captured the overall design really well (even if the head sculpt is lacking). I think this going to have great shelf presence whether posed with Jabba or not. Sure, it?s pricey, but at the end of the day the final value is in the eyes of the individual collector.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Not really happy with the portrait honestly, but if I did get him it would be helmeted on display anyway. Just not real happy with Sideshow in general. And I really REALLY wish they put SOME effort into their stands. I just really like to have a nice stand for them. Really thinking about skipping this one.

C'mon man. I know you've "got beef" with SS. But you don't need to throw Jack Bauer under the bus here.

I think we're all pretty happy that Skiff Lando is actually coming. Any decent OT figure release is a good release imo.

I have feeling that "Jack Bauer" would handle being thrown under a bus just fine. I'm sure he's posting from Davos where he's busy tracking terrorists. :lol

Even though the pic is insinuating the move, it appears that the masked head sculpt cannot have the "mask" pulled down, like he did when showing Leia that he was there.

Figure does look very good.

The mask part rides a bit high on the helmet, obscuring too much face - most of the time in the movie its lower.

Well, the proto looks real good, downright stunning in fact. I don't mind the portrait. It's not dead-on, but like many portraits from many companies, it looks good from certain angles.

The outfit's detail is really great, As for folks concerned about it translating into the production version, I'm sitting here staring at the Mythos Kenobi I got and am very pleased with how it looks.

Have to wonder if we're looking at a potential low edition here. While everyone is stoked on the presumably forthcoming Bespin version (we're still waiting for Han for force's sake!) I don't see that coming anytime soon. We'll see if he makes an appearance at SDCC later this year. As many have mentioned, I actually like this look better for the character. That ole blue smoothie outfit may be more iconic, but this one just rocks harder visually. I;m sure this SSC figure will look great on display.

:exactly:

And yeah, this is one of my favorite SW costumes. In a way I'm glad I continued with my custom because it's been fun really looking at the minute details of the outfit - like his forearm armor is a recast of his belly armor just curved around, and Fozec has the same outfit just colored differently and in fabric not leather.

I'm going to wait to PO though, just in case something goes wrong in proto to production.

Surely the chances of a Gamorrean Guard and Bib Fortuna also just went up with this release.

Yeah, this is where the rubber meets the road on this question of why they've beensilent so long in the SW 1/6 department. I really hope that they will continue with aliens, but regardless, they have changed their whole approach to SW 1/6 - far less releases, more scattershot (they used to be more about themed "waves") and obviously far more expensive.

I wonder how many people will bite at a $290 Gamorrean or $245 Bib Fortuna - that's the reality if they do it as an all-new figure.

It's the thing that is always sad to contemplate - that if they did this Lando figure in 2010 it would have been less than half the price (probably around $110) and the outfit/accessories/weapons would be much the same quality. The body and head would not be good, though the Lando from that era has a better likeness than this one does.

I would never PO something from Sideshow.

But then, if you do get one, it better be one of the early v1s... because later batches from Sideshow tend to suck or have issues. Evidence: Bounty Hunters.

Conversely I'd rather have their V2 3PO as opposed to V1's messed up thumbs.

Conversely I'd rather have their V2 3PO as opposed to V1's messed up thumbs.

That's true...

But I don't know anyone who got the v2... are the thumbs truly fixed?

Its funny, because Sideshow stood by their mistake saying the thumbs were meant to be that way... so why did they change them? :lol

Back