Sideshow 1:6 Lando as Skiff Guard Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Am I the only one who feels the sculpt for the unmasked head is off somehow? Looks okay otherwise but something seems wrong with it. $245 doesn’t seem too outrageous considering it has two sculpts and a couple weapons. By Sideshow that price isn’t obscene.

Other than the helmetless head, this is such a superb figure - really some of the best work Sideshow has ever done.

The black belt/holster and helmet mask especially are incredibly well done. There are a few minor inaccuracies - eg chest armor just slightly undersized, lower boots a bit too chunky and helmet flare bolts a tad oversized, but these are silly minor nitpicks I see only because I've been looking at Lando skiff ref pics for a month.

I'm a bit bummed that they went dark on this for SO long and then out of the blue revived it because I restarted my custom figure. That being said, because I have a Jabba dio, I'm thinking I could put my custom fig into the dio and use this fig for a "hero display" Lando. I just love Lando and this outfit so much.

Am I the only one who feels the sculpt for the unmasked head is off somehow? Looks okay otherwise but something seems wrong with it. $245 doesn?t seem too outrageous considering it has two sculpts and a couple weapons. By Sideshow that price isn?t obscene.

It comes across as a bit idealized, almost like a "real world" sculpt of an animated show Lando like what Sideshow did with a few Clone Wars cartoon characters.

I do kind of like it, but I wish it was as dead-on likeness wise as the old Sideshow Lando. This one is way, way better in terms of scale, sculpt detail and paint but that older one shines likeness wise.

I think Davejames said it sort of matches up to the windblown Lando in the "we're on our way" shot which is a great way to think of it - I like the windy hair.

The figure does look good in this picture, especially whatever body they are using for the proto...

lando-calrissian-skiff-guard-version_star-wars_silo.jpg

Might go for this figure eventually, but not completely certain yet. I don’t have any of the other Jabba’s Palace figures and probably won’t get them. I’d love to get Jabba and throne and maybe even the Rancor, but they’re just too big and expensive. I’ve always liked this look for Lando though so might just get him anyways. It always seems like it’s safer to wait with Sideshow to see how the final product turns out so I probably won’t pre-order.

I would never PO something from Sideshow.

But then, if you do get one, it better be one of the early v1s... because later batches from Sideshow tend to suck or have issues. Evidence: Bounty Hunters.

I'm going to have to get one for my Jabba display... but yeah, that price is just rude.

Sideshow get more cheeky and arrogant with their pricing on every release.

I would never PO something from Sideshow.

But then, if you do get one, it better be one of the early v1s... because later batches from Sideshow tend to suck or have issues. Evidence: Bounty Hunters.

Yeah good point. No reason to rush on this one, since it's not going to be a hugely popular figure and sites like Timewalker will almost certainly still have it available when it releases.

I think people caught on to their lack of SW in 2019 and their last minute withdrawal from SW Celebration.
Also, It?s not Pure Nonsense, Sideshows star wars license had not been renewed. They didn?t attend celebration because they were pissed that their license had not been renewed.
Also, the Asajj Ventress prototype had been ready to announce early last year.

Based on their recent activity, i?m guessing that Disney finally signed their renewal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for posting. All the info that was rumored now confirmed.

I'm going to have to get one for my Jabba display... but yeah, that price is just rude.

Sideshow get more cheeky and arrogant with their pricing on every release.

Arrogance is probably the best description haha.
And just like an Arrogant person, They can?t take criticism because they are insecure.

Haha yeah I don?t think this Jack Baurer guy has any idea what he?s talking about.

C'mon man. I know you've "got beef" with SS. But you don't need to throw Jack Bauer under the bus here.

I think we're all pretty happy that Skiff Lando is actually coming. Any decent OT figure release is a good release imo.

C'mon man. I know you've "got beef" with SS. But you don't need to throw Jack Bauer under the bus here.

The dude would know if Sideshow temporarily lost the license though, something Jack claimed was ridiculous despite all the evidence that suggests otherwise.

Back