Sideshow 1:6 Lando as Skiff Guard Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I see people saying the price is fine since the figure comes with 2 heads but... quality over quanitity, and SS just don't have the quality.

For those that keep saying hot toys will never make this version of lando....they made a fine china stormtrooper! I'm positive they are going to even make wuher and the six nipple seal from TLJ eventually.

Nowhere...just pure nonsense...SS still has the 1/6 Star Wars license and is planning more figures.

I don't care whether they have a license or not but I look at it as what good is having the license when you only show this and Mythos Boba a year and a half ago? And this is the only figure that's gone up for PO since:dunno

Assuming they don't have the license is no crazier than those convinced that Hot Toys will suddenly announce their Lando soon. Especially, when they've never hinted at ever being interested in making one. This was the only iteration of Lando I would've wanted so Sideshow wins my money this round as far as I'm concerned.

Nowhere...just pure nonsense...SS still has the 1/6 Star Wars license and is planning more figures.

Do you know this for a fact or is this just your view?

It's so strange to have such an expensive license but not show anything new for a year and half, plus the other oddities that TurdFurg mentioned.

Most importantly, if you do have reliable insider info, do you know for a fact that SSC have new SW 1/6 to be announced this year?

Unless they put up more Aliens or Creatures I don't care if Sideshow has the license or not. For Humans, Troopers or Droids I will stick to/wait for Hot Toys.

Regardless, I am happy for the hardcore Jabba's Palace collectors.

Do you know this for a fact or is this just your view?

It's so strange to have such an expensive license but not show anything new for a year and half, plus the other oddities that TurdFurg mentioned.

Most importantly, if you do have reliable insider info, do you know for a fact that SSC have new SW 1/6 to be announced this year?

I know this as a fact.

I know this as a fact.

Without naming any names, are you aware of specific figures that Sideshow will announce this year?

And do you have any idea why they've acted as they have - ie nothing new even mentioned let alone announced/shown in a full year and a half, plus not attending a SW panel they had attended every previous year etc? It seems like an odd thing to do when you are paying $$$ for the license.

If what you say is true, this would be wonderful news.:yess:

Unless they put up more Aliens or Creatures I don't care if Sideshow has the license or not. For Humans, Troopers or Droids I will stick to/wait for Hot Toys.

Regardless, I am happy for the hardcore Jabba's Palace collectors.

I agree but with Endor Tooth Skywalker the latest from HT and quite a few mediocre likenesses (Ben, Han etc) in their library saying "HT or nothing" doesn't make sense to me.

Without naming any names, are you aware of specific figures that Sideshow will announce this year?

And do you have any idea why they've acted as they have - ie nothing new even mentioned let alone announced/shown in a full year and a half, plus not attending a SW panel they had attended every previous year etc? It seems like an odd thing to do when you are paying $$$ for the license.

I agree but with Endor Tooth Skywalker the latest from HT and quite a few mediocre likenesses (Ben, Han etc) in their library saying "HT or nothing" doesn't make sense to me.

I don’t have an exact answer about SS actions, But I can say they do have the license and there will be more 1/6 figures. Sorry that’s as far as I can let on.

I don’t have an exact answer about SS actions, But I can say they do have the license and there will be more 1/6 figures. Sorry that’s as far as I can let on.

That's such awesome news.

Maybe the Susan Strange firing was a sign that it was internal division/politics that caused the stop in SW 1/6, and not license related.

It is frustrating that SSC can't/won't confirm something as basic as whether they still have the SW 1/6 license - it majorly affects people's buying decisions and also customizer/collector decisions as to what to make. Not sure what they have to lose by simply stating "yes, we have the SW license and plan more 1/6 figs in the future." I asked many times but the phone reps are "they don't tell me anything" mode.

They may not have announced anything new lately, but they did release a Deluxe Luke, Jabba, Mythos Obi-Wan and Mythos Fett very recently, and also made a big deal about previewing Lando at that con, so I've never gotten the sense they lost the license or were no longer interested in it.

Seems more likely they were simply putting more attention on their statues and other collectibles (which I imagine are the much better sellers), and slowing down the figure production a bit.

Sideshow going from 10/12 figures a year to only a couple since Hot Toys arrival on the market has a lot to do with that "licence not renewed" rumor i believe. Glad to hear they have a few projects in development. Crossing fingers they are targeting areas overlooked by Hot Toys.

Sideshow going from 10/12 figures a year to only a couple since Hot Toys arrival on the market has a lot to do with that "licence not renewed" rumor i believe. Glad to hear they have a few projects in development. Crossing fingers they are targeting areas overlooked by Hot Toys.

:) ;)

Would probably only pay these prices for Ahsoka, Kanan and possible Inquisitor figures. Need some helicopter sabers in my collection.

I am thrilled to read that SSC will still be producing sixth scale SW figures. I have enjoyed Luke and Mythos Kenobi, anxiously awaiting Mythos Fett`s arrival and hope to someday acquire the v2 Jabba.

The not showing anything at SDCC was really strange.

As far as Toothy Hamill, that likeness actually seems better than the other Toothy Hamill (regular ROTJ version) to me and is maybe the best Luke so far, sadly since it's such a put-me-in-an-action-pose-or-I'll-look-odd sculpt.

I don?t have an exact answer about SS actions, But I can say they do have the license and there will be more 1/6 figures. Sorry that?s as far as I can let on.

I really hope SS goes for more OT aliens and stuff without human headsculpts HT wouldn't go for. Even if they are re-releases of the figures they did 10 years ago Tusken Raider, Gamorrean Guard, Hammerhead etc.

But if I were a betting man Mr Bauer, I'd bet they'll be concentrating on figures to go with the Jabba set. Would I be on a winner there ?

Seems SS also now have some new Asian artists on board to make this happen going forward. (Credited on this figure)

Comic con this year might be interesting again !

Back