Sideshow 1:6 Lando as Skiff Guard Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
they weren`t even talking about the 1/6 lando :lol . i click on to see up dates and it`s not even talking about the figure folks must be bored and talk nonsense :dunno

As terrible as TPM is, at least it didn't completely break Star Wars lore the way TLJ did. In addition, Rey and Kylo are blocks of wood, Poe was turned into a gender stereotype - a TV trope known as a "buffoon", Jake Skywalker was straight-up character assassination, and Finn was reduced to a racist caricature. Maul and Ewan were cool even though they did very little.

...eeeeehh, are you alright? ;)

It’s been a year and what 1/6 SW did SSC release this year? Besides Jabba, just Luke which was an old production. Nothing? Or am I forgetting something? ...I think they are almost done with 1/6 SW I’m afraid and I doubt Lando will ever get made. But I guess we’ll see at SDCC.

Please identify these people who are defending the PT.:lecture

And no judgement, but interesting that the PT was widely maligned... until TLJ showed up.:lol

The enemy of my enemy and all that sort of thing.

With all the HT Star Wars coming out back to back I’m ok that this hasn’t gone up for preorder yet but I am curious to see what’s in the box.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

...eeeeehh, are you alright? ;)

It’s been a year and what 1/6 SW did SSC release this year? Besides Jabba, just Luke which was an old production. Nothing? Or am I forgetting something? ...I think they are almost done with 1/6 SW I’m afraid and I doubt Lando will ever get made. But I guess we’ll see at SDCC.

I think they released their Yoda in the last year too?

Last few releases were either redos or repaints. Minimal investment in the line. i suppose they are closing to licence renewal and could possibly pass on it due to a substential rise in cost. SDCC showing will most likely shed some light on their Star Wars take for the next year and later.

I bet all we get for sdcc from ss are statues. They really missed the boat by abandoning 1:6. Yes, ht blows ss figures away, but ss produced characters ht won’t touch like dengar and 4-lom.
They could carve out a great niche with limited runs of background characters that idiots like myself would buy in a second. Greedo v2, ponda, skiff guards, droids, etc. I hope this goes up, because I’m not sure ht will get to it anytime soon with (hopefully) bespin lando looming and a potential old lando. My real fear is we get old lando first because Disney needs nostalgia to sell merchandise, and they know bespin lando would be the only lando most buy. If they show old lando, they can count on nostalgia and impulse buys.

I bet all we get for sdcc from ss are statues. They really missed the boat by abandoning 1:6. Yes, ht blows ss figures away, but ss produced characters ht won’t touch like dengar and 4-lom.
They could carve out a great niche with limited runs of background characters that idiots like myself would buy in a second. Greedo v2, ponda, skiff guards, droids, etc. I hope this goes up, because I’m not sure ht will get to it anytime soon with (hopefully) bespin lando looming and a potential old lando. My real fear is we get old lando first because Disney needs nostalgia to sell merchandise, and they know bespin lando would be the only lando most buy. If they show old lando, they can count on nostalgia and impulse buys.

I would bet good money SS was able to produce all those niche characters back in the day due to cheap Chinese labour rates. That was then.

Now Chinese labour is not cheap, and good artists can do their own sculpts and sell on eBay themselves or work for the many other smaller 1/6 companies.

SS may have also learnt the lesson that they don't make much money from those figures ?? Dunno ?

Don't get me wrong I would love some of those niche characters too however I have a feeling it may not be so simple for SS to do them.

Edit : I would be more than happy to be proved wrong with a boatload of new 1:6 side characters surrounding Jabba this SSDC though [emoji2]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, I don’t think this is happening anymore. Think it would have been on display at SDCC if it was still coming out.

Very sad. This would have been a day one PO.

RIP Sideshow Star Wars.:(

Back