Sideshow 1/6 Jawa Figure Set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good pics n' poses, folks.... yes, the only thing that keeps these little varmints from being an out - of - the - park effort from Sideshow are those inexcusable floppy bodies. Folks around here know I'm one of the biggest SSC cheerleaders. ..but even I can't come up with a positive comment in regards to that. The elements are all there for an outstanding set.
If I were headed to SSC this year, I'd stop by the booth and (politely ) ask what was up with that...is the entire run like this? Will there be another run with better quality bodies?

I know to most folk these might be throwaway or background characters as far as a figure goes, but I've been looking forward to a high - end release for them for a long time. Just wish it hadn't ended up so poorly produced...

I don't have an issue asking. If I see Kevin or Matt I'll certainly pose the question.

Jawas in Madrid

20160708_194529.jpg

This made me chuckle at the Sideshow "flagship" stand at Celebration yesterday. Even Sideshow can't get these things to stay on there feet. Pretty embarrassing really.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    564.7 KB · Views: 196
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    779.5 KB · Views: 199
These guys are addictive...

IMG_4635.jpg

...just gotta fix their hoods...

This made me chuckle at the Sideshow "flagship" stand at Celebration yesterday. Even Sideshow can't get these things to stay on there feet. Pretty embarrassing really.

And it looks like they cheated and used a different stand than they ship with for more stability.

These guys really need a deep hood and appropriate lighting to avoid looking like little black pin heads.

Also looks like the eyes on this are screen accurate, RotJ screen accurate that is.

herat.jpg

beedo-and-jawa.jpg

Stole these pics from the net but noticed when I was watching RotJ on the weekend.

^^ Yeah, some of the background creatures in the Palace got pretty shortchanged by the costume dept. The Jawas look quite lame in ROTJ, as does poor ol' Bossk.

I always laugh at the Greedo/Beedo in the palace because he's wearing Leia's Hoth coat. Thief!:lol

Got mine today. Like how they look when you finally get them to stand... But the quality... Seems like they put all the production costs into producing the bandoleers. The eyes are flickering in both of mine and the bodies... Oh well, Still like the look of them.
57762311d1d3202a0cefcf811a4ff41a.jpg

These are great... and terrible. The heads and lights are great, the blasters are good and the bandoliers are wonderful. Love the inner costumes.

Cloaks are so-so. Is it screen accurate to have the hoods separate?

Everyone says the bodies are terrible, but it's not just the floppiness, it's the scale - they're both too tall, and that's because they're not jawa bodies but hobbit bodies. Presumably the extreme floppiness is a feature of the outdated design and moulds they used.

If they hadn't re-used those bodies then maybe these figures wouldn't have been economically viable and we wouldn't have got them at all, but the trouble is that there's very, very few options for upgrading the bodies.

On balance I'd rather have jawas with terrible bodies than no jawas, but it's still indefensible to charge so much for a product that feels so cheap and nasty and is basically made possible by using warmed over bodies from a different era. You feel cheated.

Hoods are separate in the film(s). Finished product doesn't look too tall at all. Maybe you're thinking Hasbro Jawa? That thing was easily 50% too short.

Floppy bodies and fabric usage are the two biggest issues looking at them from here. The Jersey fabric would have worked a lot better had the pattern been oriented to get the ribs of the fabric to lay diagonally (and the hood not stitched at the top). But better still would have been to source a decent twill - it's out there and I have a few great examples here.

These are great... and terrible. The heads and lights are great, the blasters are good and the bandoliers are wonderful. Love the inner costumes.

Cloaks are so-so. Is it screen accurate to have the hoods separate?

Everyone says the bodies are terrible, but it's not just the floppiness, it's the scale - they're both too tall, and that's because they're not jawa bodies but hobbit bodies. Presumably the extreme floppiness is a feature of the outdated design and moulds they used.

If they hadn't re-used those bodies then maybe these figures wouldn't have been economically viable and we wouldn't have got them at all, but the trouble is that there's very, very few options for upgrading the bodies.

On balance I'd rather have jawas with terrible bodies than no jawas, but it's still indefensible to charge so much for a product that feels so cheap and nasty and is basically made possible by using warmed over bodies from a different era. You feel cheated.

They are not too tall though. They ranged from about 100-160 cm on screen. These would be around 120-130 so that's right in the middle.
In this picture one is almost as tall as c3po - c3po is about 175 cm.
a5f2912bfd428df011496c94b977c2d7.png

Back