Sideshow 1/6 Jawa Figure Set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The discounts that no one thinks are generous enough? :dunno

I know as well as you do what the mark ups are. I choose to remain agnostic and not pretend to know that they are 'gouging' (whatever the hell that means). I recognize that it is their product to sell and their prerogative to decide what margin is 1) possible and 2) worth their time.

People can posture all they like about how companies need their customers. Truth is that no company, no thing to buy.

I don't disagree with you and personally never said they were gouging and you are right, their product, their price. Simply stating I really don't think they have a handle of what they can price this stuff at now, can't start to low, so the go the opposite, which imo and in my personal case, price customers out

I'll point you to a few really nice threads by the likes of Chakaman, Natedog, Elvis1976, among others. ;)

The problem is the Google Generation - expecting everything for free because in those "deals" that have spoiled them, they think they're the consumer. That's what cows on the farm think too - it's just a good thing Google is in the "dairy" business and not the meat business. ;) And I know there are a few people that won't understand this analogy.

I think your generalizing with this statement big time

Not pointing at you but the consensus on these boards is you are a ssc apologist or an entightled whiner, maybe I'm generalizing now

Everybody knows that the downfall of society is because of cell phones, not Star Wars dollies...

:nono

I realize the prices are not very collector friendly for many especially in todays economy but jeez all this talk of economics , insults and arguing is ruining something that's supposed to be fun . I'm not happy about the price but I'm willing to pay it because I do see a quality piece that I'm happy to add to my collection and enjoy for years to come. At the end of the day this is a hobby not forum to be rude and insulting.

Pretty much yes. Especially when people are crying about it. You're only 20, you will learn that there are far more important issues in life than the cost of a Jawa. You are part of a generation that feels entitled to everything. My opinions are not really directed at you personally but to those who cry about the prices of every doll sideshow releases. Yet bend over backwards to purchase every hot toy figure without batting an eyelash.

I think Sideshow and Hot Toys are both overpriced. I still buy stuff from both of them, though I have been waiting for discounts more and more these days.

I know I may have contributed to it - but there is no reason to attack other members about this. I would like to steer the discussion away from pricing - I know it's a huge factor in the hobby, but there are other things to talk about.

Everybody knows that the downfall of society is because of cell phones, not Star Wars dollies...

:nono

Thats why I dont have one.

Pretty much yes. Especially when people are crying about it. You're only 20, you will learn that there are far more important issues in life than the cost of a Jawa. You are part of a generation that feels entitled to everything. My opinions are not really directed at you personally but to those who cry about the prices of every doll sideshow releases. Yet bend over backwards to purchase every hot toy figure without batting an eyelash.

I think SSC prices are fair for the most part... This is really the first figure I had an issue with... well this and Green Lantern.

I bought many SSC Clones, Battle Droids, Jedis, Sith from them and never complained about the price. I have always thought they were fair. Even the droids, R2 and C-3PO, I think are good value. Hoth Luke and Han are priced nicely.

As for me being part of this generation... I dont consider myself to be. No facebook, no twitter, I cant stand people and there phones always texting and looking down cant even bothered to look up to say hi, its why I refuse to have one. Being confused about the high price of a figure and wanting it to be less and wanting answers to justify this price is not a sign of entitlement to me.

I will listen to Dave and stop with the price discussion.

I know I may have contributed to it - but there is no reason to attack other members about this. I would like to steer the discussion away from pricing - I know it's a huge factor in the hobby, but there are other things to talk about.

What do you call it, Gonk Droid or Power Droid? It's Jawa related because they had one in the Sandcrawler. I hope they make a movie accurate one and a Kenner one. That'd be awesome to have with the Jawas.

What do you call it, Gonk Droid or Power Droid? .. I hope they make a movie accurate one and a Kenner one.

Definitely a two-pack. I bet it'll cost... oooh, wait a minute. :)

The gonks were one of the first customs from here on the forum that I also really wanted to make - still haven't gotten around to one. Maybe if/when I finish off a couple of the Jawas - which might be a while with SSC selling this serviceable set.

Definitely a two-pack. I bet it'll cost... oooh, wait a minute. :)

The gonks were one of the first customs from here on the forum that I also really wanted to make - still haven't gotten around to one. Maybe if/when I finish off a couple of the Jawas - which might be a while with SSC selling this serviceable set.

I always thought Kenner versions of some of the aliens like Hammerhead, Greedo, and Walrusman if they ever got to him would be cool convention exclusives. Cool, but niche enough to be an exclusive at Celebration or something. The time has probably passed for that now, though.

I call them Gonk Droids even though that's not the true Kenner name.

I'm not getting why some are saying the fabric is wrong. Comparing it to the source material, the fabric used on the figures (which looks to be a custom weave with texture) seems to match the rough woven fabric of the original costumes.

in 1:1 scale, it's basically a woven blanket. in 1:6th it SHOULD look like denim.
Plain and simple, the fabric is incorrect.

just spit my water out.. priceless

r3WzF.gif

If you stand the 2 Jawas on top of each other they should be bigger than a regular 1/6 figure.

So let's say it's one figure.

Two (2) different sized articulated bodies
Heads with illuminated light-up eyes
Two (2) different sized inner robes
Two (2) robe belts
Two (2) different sized outer cloaks
Two (2) adjustable cloak hoods
One (1) vest
Three (3) unique fabric bandoliers
One (1) bandolier with blaster holster
Ionization blaster rifle with power pack
Ionization blaster pistol
Droid caller
Welder
One (1) restraining bolt
Two (2) pairs of sculpted wrapped feet
Right pointer hand
Left droid caller holding hand
Right/Left weapon grip hands
Left welder holding hand
Right restraining bold hand
Right/Left relaxed hands
Right open gesture hand
Left c-grip hand

Not bad extras for 1 figure that's taller than Chewie/ has light up eyes and is cheaper :)

Just because something is made smaller it doesn't necessarily mean it costs less to make.

I personally think they look great, and are decent value.

Last edited:
SS has had the SW license for well over 10 years and they're just now making Jawas that'll probably not come out for over a year. It still blows me away that they did a million clone troopers (barf) in all that time and never once did frickin' CHEWBACCA. Well over 10 years. And are just now doing 3PO and R2. That is utterly pathetic.

And I am not impressed with what they've finally come up with. It's past time to wow us, SS.

SS has had the SW license for well over 10 years and they're just now making Jawas that'll probably not come out for over a year. It still blows me away that they did a million clone troopers (barf) in all that time and never once did frickin' CHEWBACCA. Well over 10 years. And are just now doing 3PO and R2. That is utterly pathetic.

And I am not impressed with what they've finally come up with. It's past time to wow us, SS.

Be careful and not get banned from this thread for not loving the Jawas and price. I agree with you BTW.

TaliBane, why does it matter to you? If you think it's completely unjustifible, then why not stop buying and leave us ignorant masses out of your crusade. Personally I feel the prices are fine, even if I can't afford it. :lol

Why is me posting - in the context of dozens discussing the massive increases in SSC prices - a "Crusade"? I've been nothing but civil but you're now doing the ":lol" and "Crusade" thing because you can't dispute what I've said - like my response to your "Sideshow's figs are 10 times better than they were a decade ago" thing. Heads yes (well, except Drake, Han Hoth and Snake,) figures no.

The reality is nobody on here can know all SSC's costing facts. But we can look at basics. As I said, China manufacturing costs have more than tripled, but in the context of US dollar amounts, it's still nothing. A fivefold increase in SSC's prices is way, way above any other consumer product's less-than-a-decade price jump, especially in the context of flat U.S. wages. This is not a dig on SSC, or at other members who support the new prices - it is just a fact.

Yeah, I'm just not sure why it's even worth observing. Anyway, glad the conversation can now be laid to rest and we can move on to other stuff.

Back