Sideshow 1/6 Jawa Figure Set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Who's going to be first to to the red-gel eyes mod?:lecture

I was seriously considering it, and was hoping I might be able to find a loose Jawa that I could mod with the red eyes and gray cloak, but doesn't seem to be any out there.

I suppose I could mod one of my ANH ones, but they look so good as a pair that I wouldn't want to mess that up.

How are everyones Jawa joint's and hands holding up ?

I just need to look at my Jawa and the hand falls off. Sooo fragile. Next job is to do something about that !!

Great pic, matrix!

Now please tell me how you got the Jawas to stand up without an apparent stand.
Thanks...the stands are hidden underneath the robes...
Looks like the SS stand that came with these guys peeking out from under the robes
...But not quite hidden enough:)
How are everyones Jawa joint's and hands holding up ?

I just need to look at my Jawa and the hand falls off. Sooo fragile. Next job is to do something about that !!
I got lucky with mine as all of the joints are tight enough to hold a pose..

DSC_0754.JPG

I really need to get me some of those...
Were these also released in two versions?

The first run has better robes imo (the ragged edges looked realistic whereas the re-release looked my like those 'take one' signs people post on notice boards) but I've heard the second release may have had more solid bodies (although I've not had problems posing my initial release).

Haven't read this whole thread which is heading for the archives I guess, but finally paid these guys off. I'll go read the whole thing later, but my joy is *unspoiled* even tho watched a YT vid where one guy is positively ranting over the "floppy bodies" and some other stuff like the location of the light switch.:monkey3

Well, yeah. Ordered anyway 'coz, Mandalorian. Well, I'M happy. Yeah, there's some room for improvement with the hand pegs and hip joints, and these jawas look suspiciously tall:cool:, but IMO there's some good stuff. Sideshow apparently switched from gauze to more like T-shirt material for the outer robes, good move. Appreciate all the details:clap, a full under-robe, distressing, and handling the faces of something that's never seen IMO is kinda clever.

For all the details + light up for me it was a good buy. There's an open waitlist on SSC now for the pair, I figure maybe I got the last ones on the shelf.

Jawas_sideshow1.jpg

Nice pic. Yours are looking pretty damn menacing there with those eyes lit up.

Thank you!:)

More I look these over, the happier I am, bein' a costume/detail junkie. IMO there's some real nice fine detail here, like the weathering and stitch work on the large holster, the small studs on the pouch bottoms, no skimping on robe material.

Might stuff some polyester quilt filling or aquarium filter floss up the robes to fatten 'em a bit, futz with hoods more, deal with any looseness at the hip ball joints if needed, but overall luv these guys.

LOL my tablet made the lit eyes glare. IMO they are cute. Need to gather some SW-looking metal junk to stage them with. Think they will make my Mando v1 set-up, tho not as much as having Baby would. :r2d2line

Well, yeah. Ordered anyway 'coz, Mandalorian. Well, I'M happy. Yeah, there's some room for improvement with the hand pegs and hip joints, and these jawas look suspiciously tall:cool:, but IMO there's some good stuff. Sideshow apparently switched from gauze to more like T-shirt material for the outer robes, good move. Appreciate all the details:clap, a full under-robe, distressing, and handling the faces of something that's never seen IMO is kinda clever.

Don't know where you heard that but its rubbish. Mine are from the the original batch and are most definitely not gauze. Yours look better weathered than the second batch though, especially the frayed robe ends.

hg7dwxp.jpg

Don't know where you heard that but its rubbish. Mine are from the the original batch and are most definitely not gauze. Yours look better weathered than the second batch though, especially the frayed robe ends.

From pics probably on YT at a con. Prototypes I assume. And no, yours don't look like the original fabric I saw. Nice pic with Obi-wan.

Yeah, I think the Protos had a material similar to gauze in appearance. I absolutely love how easily the fabric on these can be futzed and it looks great.

Haha - it's the collector's worst nightmare.... "V2 is better!":rotfl

But yeah, I never saw any difference between the two releases, mostly because there was really not much time gap between them, unlike most other re-releases Sideshow did.

Great poses btw!:clap

Back