Sideshow 1/6 Jawa Figure Set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I do want these eventually, but I know I'll have to get an R5-D4 if I get these. So that's helping keep me away from them.
R5-D4 is actually one of my favorite Sideshow figures I own. Really basic but pretty decently done. Plus I’ve always kinda liked its design even though it’s got a very brief appearance.

R5-D4 is actually one of my favorite Sideshow figures I own. Really basic but pretty decently done. Plus I’ve always kinda liked its design even though it’s got a very brief appearance.

Yeah. I like mine too. He's still pretty well known to anyone with a bit of interest in SW.

I still have faith HT will get to the main aliens. In the end it's all about financials. So I'm guessing only the main main aliens will be done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A couple shots of my new Jawas on a quick little sand base I threw together (until I get a better one from Coco). Not the most exciting figures but they do look pretty good and are nice to have in the collection.

I weathered them up some more, put a wire in the hoods to make them easier to pose, darkened the heads some more, and shortened each one by half an inch. I know there were some taller Jawas in the movie, but the ones who zapped R2 seemed to be on the shorter side and not much taller than him, which is the look I wanted to go for. Plus it just makes them a bit more adorable like they should be. :D

20181229_115057.jpg

20181229_115122.jpg

A couple shots of my new Jawas on a quick little sand base I threw together. Not the most exciting figures but they do look pretty nice in the collection. I weathered them up some more and shortened each one by half an inch. I know there were some taller Jawas in the movie, but the ones who zapped R2 seemed to be on the shorter side and not much taller than him, which is the look I wanted to go for. Plus it just makes them a bit more adorable like they should be. :D

View attachment 437964

View attachment 437965

Weathering looks great Dave! I have 4 of the original run but was thinking of grabbing 2 more with the coupon and free shipping. Are the joints extremely floppy on yours? Do the hands hold the weapons well? I love the look of mine but they were probably the most frustrating 1/6 figures I have ever posed.

Weathering looks great Dave! I have 4 of the original run but was thinking of grabbing 2 more with the coupon and free shipping. Are the joints extremely floppy on yours? Do the hands hold the weapons well? I love the look of mine but they were probably the most frustrating 1/6 figures I have ever posed.

I got mine pretty cheap from someone on here, and he said he only recently bought them so they must be the newer versions. The joints seem pretty good to me, but the wrist pegs do want to fall out at the slightest movement and it can be a challenge to get them to hold their weapons. Which I guess hasn't changed much from the earlier release.

How'd you shorten them? Did you actually cut the bodies?

They look really nice BTW, will be stellar with your new Tusken Raider. You're in full Tatooine mode.

Haha yeah, seems that way. And I just cut the upper and lower legs with my dremel and removed a quarter inch from each. Was a bit of work but I've shortened or extended the legs on quite a lot of figures by this point.

They look fantastic there - great custom work. :)

But I felt those figures were a major insult from Sideshow. They looked good, but were so cheap to touch and pose that they felt as if they would fall apart with too much handling. For the price, I was really angry about their complete lack of quality. People complain that the Sideshow R2D2 felt light and cheap, but it was miles beyond the crappy quality of the Jawas. I've not bought a Sideshow release since.

Yeah there's no way in hell I would have wanted to pay the original Sideshow price for these, but for $155 shipped it seemed more than worth it. Although I do remember now that one of the arms came apart on me and had to be glued back together. Lol

Great job dave, those look amazing! Hope HT does a pair, I have 4 of Hasbro Jawas, but they lack detail to say the least. After seeing your SS pair I may try and weather and mod them too.

Haha yeah, seems that way. And I just cut the upper and lower legs with my dremel and removed a quarter inch from each. Was a bit of work but I've shortened or extended the legs on quite a lot of figures by this point.

So half inch total per leg. Love to see them next to Luke or someone for scale. They look great! Love the dusting.

Here you go. Maybe it's not a massive difference but it's better than it was at least. In fact I might even shorten them some more at some point, so that the taller one is this height and the shorter one more at R2's height, which would seem to match up more with the screencap.

20181230_113730.jpg

star-wars4-movie-screencaps.com-1362.jpg

(Oh and the other thing I did was remove the battery cap, which makes it about a thousand times easier to feel the damn switch on the back of the head and turn it off and on. :lol)

Here you go. Maybe it's not a massive difference but it's better than it was at least. In fact I might even shorten them some more at some point, so that the taller one is this height and the shorter one more at R2's height, which would seem to match up more with the screencap.

View attachment 438047

(Oh and the other thing I did was remove the battery cap, which makes it about a thousand times easier to feel the damn switch on the back of the head and turn it off and on. :lol)

Beautiful presentation of classic characters:clap

Back