Sideshow 1/6 Jawa Figure Set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After seeing the Hot Toys Jawa and Gonk I went ahead and bought these guys on ebay. I paid $222 shipped so it was a bit of a deal. To buy them direct from Sideshow would have cost $322 including shipping to Ireland and our 23% taxes on anything bout outside the EU.

I'm unsure if they are first or second release but the bodies aren't too floppy.

I'll be teaming them up with the RustyJ / Scratchbuilder Gonk in a few weeks.
47e78d6a11257b21ce608f2a48c57a3b.jpg

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk

After seeing the Hot Toys Jawa and Gonk I went ahead and bought these guys on ebay. I paid $222 shipped so it was a bit of a deal. To buy them direct from Sideshow would have cost $322 including shipping to Ireland and our 23% taxes on anything bout outside the EU.

I'm unsure if they are first or second release but the bodies aren't too floppy.

I'll be teaming them up with the RustyJ / Scratchbuilder Gonk in a few weeks.

Nice. Yes it's good to have 2 different Jawas too. With both different height and outfits.

...yes I just have to say that I really like how the SSC robes flow. Even if the pattern is not exactly accurate.

Congrats I really like the set; like how the belts/pouches look like distressed leather with the studs and other details.

I’ve always liked mine except for the loose bodies. I have trouble keeping the hood shape just right too so I think I’ll add a wire to the brim and probably even the parts that wrap around the neck. Great little set of Jawas all in all though.

786EF90D-3192-4996-839C-033A4CF3E14D.jpeg

I’ve always liked mine except for the loose bodies. I have trouble keeping the hood shape just right too so I think I’ll add a wire to the brim and probably even the parts that wrap around the neck. Great little set of Jawas all in all though.

Maybe tape some wire to the legs too. Something I might do actually. It's not they are re-posed every day, and legs are totally hidden.

Maybe tape some wire to the legs too. Something I might do actually. It's not they are re-posed every day, and legs are totally hidden.

They’re just fine on a stand. It’s just frustrating that SS can’t seem to produce a consistently decent body after all these years. Even their arms are starting to loosen up.

I received my second SS Jawa pair late last week. I did a quick body check and these are not as floppy as my originals, which is great to see.

I need to figure out how I'm going to display them and then order the appropriate Coco stand/base. My originals are on one Coco stand, displayed next to R5D4 and his own Coco stand. Those stands really make them pop and look classier.

I'm also considering doing some surgery on the Jawas and making them a little smaller, just to add variations in sizes. Unsure yet...

Sideshow Jawas sold out now. But watch them suddenly come back with a higher price now, considering the Hot Toys price.

Those SS versions must have had 2 or 3 runs over the years.

Just for future reference they were $220 + shipping.

I can’t remember what the first run price on these was. That’s what I’ve got. After seeing HT’s offering I’d actually be all in for a Sideshow Jawa/Gonk combo pack.

Yeah I added them to mine. It was a massive pain to do though, and I'm not sure if it was really worth it since I could probably get the same results just with extra futzing. Lol

20200601_175013 (2).jpg

Yeah I added them to mine. It was a massive pain to do though, and I'm not sure if it was really worth it since I could probably get the same results just with extra futzing. Lol

View attachment 486493

Yeah, I did it too but I do think you can get more that Palps-style "rounded triangle" look to the hood edge, and also that hard-fold at the bottom edges.

Anyone know what kind of fabric the Sideshow robes are made of? Just trying to figure out if regular RIT dye would work or if needs the synthetic stuff.

Yep there we go. Excellent pics of the SS Jawas guys. I particularly love the one with the leather over jacket and stitched holster for his blunderbuss.

I think it looks very good with the wires in the hood. I?m guessing it needs to be very thin wire to go through that tight stitching

Back