Sideshow 1/6 Jabba and Throne

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’m still waiting for them to ship the Jabba I won, but I also got a Hot Toys Boba Fett that the chest armor was messed up on. I requested a replacement more than a week ago and not heard from them. I’ve seen in the Sideshow Facebook group people have been having trouble getting responses from customer service too. I wonder if they are understaffed at the moment.

That is weird about the mouths not fitting on both Jabbas. Hope it’s a fluke and not across the board.

So I received my replacement today and want to share some things I noticed. Haven't sent back the first one, so I was able to compare the two copies. I noticed that each one is different when it comes to the size of the mouth hole. Each corner of the mouth opening is also different. Like one mouthpiece off the new one can't even fit on my first.

So just a heads up for anyone that might need a mouthpiece replacement. I've already caused damage trying to wedge some of them in. The right corner of the mouth hole is particularly fragile.

Yikes....And now we begin to see the problems with Jabba being a statue. Between how fragile it is, and now hearing damaged replacement parts may not fit when sent out??

That's gonna suck when SS realizes they have to send out completely new Jabba statues and parts, rather than just the defective piece. Wonder if it'll be the same with Crumb for those who had/have broken ears? Statues have a whole list of different problems from 1/6 scale action figures. Even the paint might not match from one batch to the next. Jabba with different colored mouth....

Yikes! Can you take pictures to show us, or is the difference small enough that pictures won't really reveal the truth?

The fragile material on this is one of the things really holding me back. For items like this, its always good to wait and see what problems arise as more product gets into the hands of actual collectors.
Ehhh..yeah, pics might work. I have a lot of stressful **** going on right now. I now have a roommate and they're making my nice house and stuff smell like weed and an ashtray - but that's another story. I'll get some pics up soon.
Wow - V.1, V.2 and V.3 all in the first month of release?:lol

And chalor, you mean you have two complete Jabba sets, or a second set of mouths that don't fit on your first Jabba body? Pics either way!:lecture

I don't understand how there could be that much variation in parts that come from the same mold.
Two complete sets. I put in a parts request for one mouthpiece and one eyepiece. Then just got frustrated with the chipping and ill-fitting and ordered another.

sounds like a night mare for this new version of jabba. should have just been like the old jabba one solid piece with out the hassle of switch out parts and paint scheme not matching.

Honestly the only part of Jabba that feels fragile to me is Crumb's ears. The rest feels relatively safe to handle. The material feels like some type of cross between polystone and resin, it feels less fragile to me than a traditional polystone statue. Also I don't see any issue with the fit of the switch out parts on mine. The fit is snug and should be if you want to minimize the seam lines. If switched out carefully there shouldn't be a problem.

All that said some folks including myself have various QC issues that need to be addressed. We should not be left holding the bag for weeks while Sideshow is either hiding, trying to figure out what to do, or is simply understaffed.

I really hope this isn't sunk because of poor QC and lack of accountability on Sideshow's part. Jabba really is terrific overall and the swap out stuff was a great idea and well executed for the most part. Sideshow actually produced something original here instead of reissuing product from ten years ago to grab some easy money. It would be nice to see them do more stuff like this, yet also strive to improve.

I don't feel too concerned with the ears; it's all about the corners of the mouth hole and mouthpieces. It would've been nice if there was a magnet in the front of each mouthpiece. Then you could use a device that had that shape to pull them off; like what HT did with RoboCop. It all just chips pretty easAt least you can always pick a mouth and stick with it; then apply some acrylic paint at the seams to cover that up.

But I absolutely feel that it was a no-brainer to make Salacious out of plastic. It would've been awesome to have gotten the first fully articulated Crumb figure. I would've been totally fine with ball hinged joints to pose them any which way I'd want..but I'm sure most wouldn't have wanted that. An awesome bonus could've been an eye hangin' out 3PO head, so you could recreate that scene.

All that said some folks including myself have various QC issues that need to be addressed. We should not be left holding the bag for weeks while Sideshow is either hiding, trying to figure out what to do, or is simply understaffed.
I'm curious to why Sideshow did a complete makeover the other week. But yeah, customer service drastically started to plummet about a year ago..from my experiences. I remember when it only took half a day for them to get back with you. It's like they went from a few dozen employees to four.

I don't feel too concerned with the ears; it's all about the corners of the mouth hole and mouthpieces. It would've been nice if there was a magnet in the front of each mouthpiece. Then you could use a device that had that shape to pull them off; like what HT did with RoboCop. It all just chips pretty easAt least you can always pick a mouth and stick with it; then apply some acrylic paint at the seams to cover that up.

But I absolutely feel that it was a no-brainer to make Salacious out of plastic. It would've been awesome to have gotten the first fully articulated Crumb figure. I would've been totally fine with ball hinged joints to pose them any which way I'd want..but I'm sure most wouldn't have wanted that. An awesome bonus could've been an eye hangin' out 3PO head, so you could recreate that scene.

The 3PO head would have been a pretty damn cool accessory for Salacious. The old Salacious has articulated arms but yeah - to have gotten a "true 1/6 scale figure" of Salcious, ie fully articulated, real fur etc - would have been totally awesome. Hasbro can do pretty hidden joints on super articulated 3 3/4" figures - don't see why that couldn't have worked for a 1/6 Salacious. Most just park him next to Jabba but I have displayed him separately and also on 3PO's shoulders before, so even ball jointed shoulders and hips would have been cool.

Hell yeah. I wasn't even thinking about the real hair thing..but that would've been awesome. And it wouldn't have to be over-the-top articulated like Amazing Yamaguchi or even Figuarts. It would be cool if SH Figuarts comes out with a 1/12 Crumb to go with their Jabba.

It wouldn't surprise me if somewhere down the line HT gives us a ROTJ 3PO with green slime and the damage..or Sideshow. The deluxe could have Salacious Crumb with a seamless body. I wouldn't be too particular, as long as it's durable. Just so many options besides making it a few poses fragile statue.

Plan to pay off my Jabba bounty next month. I still have my original exclusive im selling still 220 credits he's your's Jedi.

Again really hope sideshow brings more Jabba release's in july comic con. Bib needs redone almost could've been included with set. a bunch of back ground jabba character's would be very cool. Wish 3rd party companys would do some 1/6 kessel run's of background fun characters.E.u , video games,etc...

Again really hope sideshow brings more Jabba release's in july comic con. Bib needs redone almost could've been included with set. a bunch of back ground jabba character's would be very cool. Wish 3rd party companys would do some 1/6 kessel run's of background fun characters.E.u , video games,etc...

I’m with you. Bib, Gamorrean Guard(s), the band, Oola, the Interrogator Droid, etc. would all be figures id like to see.

I’m with you. Bib, Gamorrean Guard(s), the band, Oola, the Interrogator Droid, etc. would all be figures id like to see.

All awesome figures I would buy, including the 3PO with eye hanging out, but at the rate that SS releases figures I might be 99 before this happens (I'm 45 now BTW).
We might get Lando in skiff gear by end of 2020 if we're lucky!

All awesome figures I would buy, including the 3PO with eye hanging out, but at the rate that SS releases figures I might be 99 before this happens (I'm 45 now BTW).
We might get Lando in skiff gear by end of 2020 if we're lucky!

Yeah, unfortunately, I’ll probably be dead before they get them all out. Which is why I’m seriously considering getting the 12” Hasbro stuff to fill in some gaps.

The issue is the timeline as mentioned, but also price - as I'm always saying: who would pay $295 for a new-sculpt Gammy (it'd have to be all new body, fully sculpted arms and legs,) $250 for an Oola (seamless body) and $270+ for an EV-9D9 (extremely complex molding like Grievous)? I would, but not sure how any others would.

Even a new Bib Fortuna is surely going to be $245 from Sideshow. Even though some of these types of second/third tier characters may still happen from time to time, the reality is that whole "lots of creatures/robots from SSC" era is gone because they just aren't economically viable any more in general.

It's now down to people coming together to organize custom figures - like say 30 people on here hiring a sculptor to do an Amanaman, Max Rebo/Sy or EV-9D9 3D print/cast. They'd still each cost the same as if SSC had done them, and you'd still have to pay for paint, but at least you'd have them.

More known/prominent figs like Bib and Ackbar are certainties from Sideshow in the next say 5 years, but the number of these "second tier but cool" figures is going to be very limited, as it has been for years now.

The issue is the timeline as mentioned, but also price - as I'm always saying: who would pay $295 for a new-sculpt Gammy (it'd have to be all new body, fully sculpted arms and legs,) $250 for an Oola (seamless body) and $270+ for an EV-9D9 (extremely complex molding like Grievous)? I would, but not sure how any others would.

Even a new Bib Fortuna is surely going to be $245 from Sideshow. Even though some of these types of second/third tier characters may still happen from time to time, the reality is that whole "lots of creatures/robots from SSC" era is gone because they just aren't economically viable any more in general.

It's now down to people coming together to organize custom figures - like say 30 people on here hiring a sculptor to do an Amanaman, Max Rebo/Sy or EV-9D9 3D print/cast. They'd still each cost the same as if SSC had done them, and you'd still have to pay for paint, but at least you'd have them.

More known/prominent figs like Bib and Ackbar are certainties from Sideshow in the next say 5 years, but the number of these "second tier but cool" figures is going to be very limited, as it has been for years now.

I'm pretty miffed (excuse my harsh language!) that they didn't go nuts with aliens and droids over the last 5 years.:gah:

I would love some transparency from companies like Hot Toys and SS on sales numbers to help us understand how decisions are made on what figure to release.

All of this is pretty much why I’ll probably settle for Hasbro fill-ins. With the lighting scheme I’m planning, they’re not going to be as glaringly obvious, anyway.

I think its been mentioned before, but if this does well, which it looks like it will, it might encourage SS to redo the Tauntaun, Dewback and other creatures.

I think its sad when you look on the SS website, some of the crap they are getting into, they are really becoming a 3rd party distributor more and more.

How many pieces do they come out with themselves? No many? Company's like Prime and IS are churning them out, and high quality too.

And the ones the do are half assed at best....looking at you SSC Jedi Luke...

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

Back