Sideshow 1/6 Jabba and Throne

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh man..I keep checking YouTube multiple times a day for just one more review..nothing yet. lol - and that single one (Sideshow video doesn't count at all) don't have lasting appeal. I want a Review Spot lengthed video; were every single aspect of every piece is talked about for 5 minutes straight. No clue when I'm getting mine, and the suspense is killing me man. Considering I've never spent more than $500 for an item..I want to be wowed like never before. I want it to feel like the moment before I was devirginized..but without the awkwardness 30 seconds later.

My wife has basically zero interest in my collection.

Or, to put it another way, I have about as much interest in her shoe and/or purse collection.
C'mon! There's no way that shoe and purse thing is real. That's all a Hollywood fabrication. I mean, I know you live in Los Angeles, but seriously lol.

But I'll tell ya, whenever I wanted my 'baby mama' to look at stuff of mine..she'd freak the **** out with anxiety being in my office. So afraid of breathing on something the wrong way.

The best way to avoid any conflict over what to spend money on: NEVER COMBINE YOUR FINANCES. My wife and I have been together over 25 years and never had a joint bank account. We divide all the bills based on income percentage, and all the money left over in each other’s account is money we can do whatever we want with — zero questions asked. It helps keep arguments like “I can’t believe you bought another pair of shoes”, or “you paid how much for Jabba the Hutt” out of the equation. (Probably why she doesn’t give me grief about my 1/6 scale collection.)

The best way to avoid any conflict over what to spend money on: NEVER COMBINE YOUR FINANCES. My wife and I have been together over 25 years and never had a joint bank account. We divide all the bills based on income percentage, and all the money left over in each other’s account is money we can do whatever we want with — zero questions asked. It helps keep arguments like “I can’t believe you bought another pare of shoes”, or “you paid how much for Jabba the Hutt” out of the equation. (Probably why she doesn’t give me grief about my 1/6 scale collection.)
Yes! When I first got married, I created a joint bank account, but couldn't figure out how to do it without having it under my username and password. She took advantage of me not checking my account often. 365 days later, I found out she transferred $13,000 to her account (the joint account that I never used). I did give her **** in the beginning and was a pain in the ass; but after she got work after moving here, she still did it. So yeah..never, ever have a joint bank account. It ranks #2 with why relationships fail..far below lack of communication.

The best way to avoid any conflict over what to spend money on: NEVER COMBINE YOUR FINANCES. My wife and I have been together over 25 years and never had a joint bank account. We divide all the bills based on income percentage, and all the money left over in each other’s account is money we can do whatever we want with — zero questions asked. It helps keep arguments like “I can’t believe you bought another pare of shoes”, or “you paid how much for Jabba the Hutt” out of the equation. (Probably why she doesn’t give me grief about my 1/6 scale collection.)

Yep. I did that with my last long term relationship and it worked well for years. At least until the whole thing stopped working, but that’s a whole other thing. [emoji38]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh dear, ok it's pretty sappy and my mom was filming it and crying at the same time and she should never hold a camera ever lol. My parents did surprise me by dressing up as Henry Jones Sr and Indy's mom, as seen in the Young Indiana Jones Adventures.

This really old page has photos and the video at the bottom:

https://bishandmrsbish.com/engagement-gallery/

I don’t bother to login very often but I just wanted to say that I thought both of your videos were incredible and they really brightened my day. I’m really glad to have run across them. Congrats on your win as well as what must be a fun and successful marriage.
Bob

My wife has no interest in collecting. She is the opposite and dislikes having lots of things. With that said, she appreciates the art in Hot Toys figures. She thinks I am crazy for spending so much money but on the flip side, she doesn't care how much I spend so it all works out.

We also have separate accounts and split the bills. Works well for us and it seems like others as well.

I don’t bother to login very often but I just wanted to say that I thought both of your videos were incredible and they really brightened my day. I’m really glad to have run across them. Congrats on your win as well as what must be a fun and successful marriage.
Bob

Thank you, I really appreciate it. I spent a long time looking for the right lady and I truly lucked out in that department. We both are geeks about different things but she enjoys going along with my craziness and I hers and we just have a great time.

My wife’s not geek but I’m fortunate to be able to get away with all kinds of ****, she does too. We split bills and give each other money.

It’s been pretty much mutual I think. We’re both selfish to a degree.

20 years of marriage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My wife and I geek out together. She collects different things than I but she appreciates and enjoys what I collect. It did however take some convincing for her to allow Jabba though. This maybe the only piece I get for quite a while, which I'm okay with.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930AZ using Tapatalk

My wife thinks the collectibles look cool but that's about it, as far as interest goes. She may walk into my home office and see something new on display and say, "ooh, that's new. It looks so real." and then walk out without another word. I feel blessed... :wink1:

...buyer's remorse mixed with guilt...

not any of the above for me... lol

and yeah where are more reviews!!!

Oh come on - it's only the better part of $1000 for a single character. Why the buyer's remorse and guilt?:monkey3:lol

This thread went from Jabba, to divorce counseling and now financial problems with the other half.
Please... someone bring us back to Jabba!

Back