Sideshow 1/6 Jabba and Throne

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was hoping to finish mine today or tomorrow, but just got in a lot of work so I'm not sure that's going to happen. Should hopefully be done by the weekend in any case.

I will be excited to see something new. I have watched the first two at least five times each[emoji38]

Well, if its any consolation, we are the first generation of mass "pen pals" that is internet based and spread across the entire globe.

Jet-setters of the internet.

None of my real life friends are into this kind of stuff at all. They are either smart enough not to spend this kind of money on toys or just completely disinterested in general. So for me it's either collect in true hermit fashion, or take to the internets.

None of my real life friends are into this kind of stuff at all. They are either smart enough not to spend this kind of money on toys or just completely disinterested in general. So for me it's either collect in true hermit fashion, or take to the internets.
Yep, pretty much sums it up for me. I have/had a friend that bought $30 or less action figures, one friend who's deceased that use to collect Star Wars with me in the 90's and the other lives in Portland that has a very modest horror collection....and that's it.

Until I show them pictures of my stuff, no one I ever talk to has even heard of 1/6 figures. It used to be so awful back in the day cause I'd have to compare them to Barbie or hopefully old school GI Joe's for them to try and comprehend lol.

So that became a lot easier when we all started carrying around pocket computer phone cameras. Before it was like: Okay, so they're about 12 inches. They look like a real person from a movie, that jumped out of the screen and shrunk down to a foot tall. Everything is completely realistic and functional..almost. Okay, now they're making them a little too real; but that's a whole nother story and for a different kind of collector.

I checked out some of the storage options at Michaels but they didn't seem quite right and would have required adding some kind of foam anyway, so I just got a block of this Feldherr "pick and pluck" foam from Amazon. Obviously you only need it to be big enough to store the ones that aren't in use, so it doesn't have to fit all of the parts, and this was just about perfect. It was $18.99 on Amazon, and I just put it into an appropriately sized cardboard box.

jabba_parts_storage_small.jpg

I checked out some of the storage options at Michaels but they didn't seem quite right and would have required adding some kind of foam anyway, so I just got a block of this Feldherr "pick and pluck" foam from Amazon. Obviously you only need it to be big enough to store the ones that aren't in use, so it doesn't have to fit all of the parts, and this was just about perfect. It was $18.99 on Amazon, and I just put it into an appropriately sized cardboard box.

View attachment 441206

Awesome idea... gotta get me some of that foam. Thanks for sharing.

View attachment 441206

Do you feel Crumb's ears are safe in there?

Otherwise looks like a great way to go about storing Jabba's extra parts, so cool that this slug has multiple options to change his look on occasion.

An awful lot of trouble to store the extra parts of this Jabba statue, er, ummm, I mean figure.... :chase

Sorry to hear Salacious' ears are that thin. That's another problem with the materials used. Too fragile. I'm paranoid enough about regular HT & SS figures. And was always paranoid about my SS PF General Grievous when I had him out on display. His arms are so thin and the lightsaber fell out once.

I’m kinda lucky that most of my friends and work mates are movie/comic nerds and appreciate this stuff. They usually respond with interest! I only have one other friend that collects 1/6 though.
I’m super-lucky that my wife appreciates them too.
These forums are great for “deeper” discussions about this hobby though.[emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Added a Jawa ( used a plastic fern leaf from michaels and trimed the leaves till i was happy ) I bought that green foam stuff ( long blocks 5 inches wide )they use to hold artificial plants and painted them with acrylic (desert sand with hits of dark grey)paint,84061C96-6F67-4AE8-ACC3-81B65F2E853C.jpeg3884A202-4B22-47E1-8B3E-C62E6403D943.jpeg4F077AE7-E5B1-444B-BC26-4EBF6661B6B8.jpeg for the steps bib are on not bad for a cheap way at it.

I’m kinda lucky that most of my friends and work mates are movie/comic nerds and appreciate this stuff. They usually respond with interest! I only have one other friend that collects 1/6 though.
I’m super-lucky that my wife appreciates them too.
These forums are great for “deeper” discussions about this hobby though.[emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Yeah finding a partner that is at least tolerant of this hobby ain’t easy. My last ex used to look at me like I was insane. The ex before her was right into it though, and was a collector herself.
Looking at these pics, Jabba seems quite a bit taller, which will throw of my display. My current one only just scrapes in to his display shelf, there’s maybe an inch of clearance, if that.

2BA16897-D23E-4C57-9F8D-7A16221DFD22.jpg

Heh yeah, none of my friends or family understand my interest in these figures in the slightest either. And my mom keeps saying I need to get a hobby, as if collecting figures and constantly modding/repainting them or making my own customs somehow doesn't qualify. :lol

Heh yeah, none of my friends or family understand my interest in these figures in the slightest either. And my mom keeps saying I need to get a hobby, as if collecting figures and constantly modding/repainting them or making my own customs somehow doesn't qualify. :lol

I used to not see collecting as a hobby, but when I saw the community and the passion and the modding and customizing, I quickly changed my tune. I have a couple friends who collect other figures but not 1/6, and not to the degree that I do, but at least they somewhat get it. But it's great having this place as an outlet for this hobby.

Yeah finding a partner that is at least tolerant of this hobby ain’t easy. My last ex used to look at me like I was insane. The ex before her was right into it though, and was a collector herself. [...]

I dated a collector once years ago, she was well into it. Last girlfriend sort of tolerated it or found it cool from time to time, but didn’t really get it.

Been dating a woman for a few months now; she’s a casual fan of the films; but upon seeing my collection immediately reacts:

“That’s REALLY cool!” — and has well-thought out opinions on likenesses, shelf presence, and cut-and-sew. She’s also aware of the price point and still gets it.

A pleasant surprise, amongst other things.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I dated a collector once years ago, she was well into it. Last girlfriend sort of tolerated it or found it cool from time to time, but didn’t really get it.

Been dating a woman for a few months now; she’s a casual fan of the films; but upon seeing my collection immediately reacts:

“That’s REALLY cool!” — and has well-thought out opinions on likenesses, shelf presence, and cut-and-sew. She’s also aware of the price point and still gets it.

A pleasant surprise, amongst other things.

Sounds like she's trying to catfish you. Dump her!

I guess I got lucky. My wife is a trooper. I’ve always been a collector of a lot of things (books, movies, comic books, toys), and she’s been awesome about it. She’s even gotten some of her own things that she used to have on her desk at work (Batman, Nightmare Before Christmas, Kim Possible), before her company was bought out by @$$holes. We bought a new house about 15 months ago, and she let me have the entire finished basement (almost 1/2 the house; has its own bathroom, a small music room that used to be a bedroom, and a large 42 x 15 room is set aside for my Man-Cave.

My parents are in their 70s, and while they don’t begrudge me my hobbies, they would never “waste the money”. I have one buddy who saw my collection, and his only response was “You and I have very different values.”

Back