Sideshow 1/6 Jabba and Throne

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah..it's quite tragic and sad. Black Mirror is perfectly showing how society is, and what's to come. We're already in the matrix man! lol

Oh, you definitely don't want my job. I went from making amazing money, benefits, bonuses, on-site doctor I could see anytime for free, etc.....to making $10 an hour as a 3rd shift security officer at Samsung. I'm 38, but look 20-25 and have rheumatoid arthritis, psoriasis and bone growths like an 85 year old.

Then my wife left me last February with my 12 y/o step son and 3 y/o daughter. So yeah, lol - I should've put my big house up for sale loooong ago. Now I'm being sued by the HOA for unpaid bills. Basically, I've been getting help from my family. It's a blessing, but embarrassing too. Nice that my separated wife/baby mamma will be the CEO of the company she works for in a few years. Ha, and she still wants money from me (besides child support). Collecting via selling my old stuff/eating like I'm in college helps take my mind off of things a bit.

Sorry to hear that man. I can relate to some of that but after a divorce 4 years ago my kids are with me more than 50% of the time so don't lose hope and assume that courts will always have them end up with the mother. I had a few annoying years of living on 60% of my income (driving a beater, etc.) but thankfully that time has past. Take care and good luck.

Just to make you guys feel better here in Ireland we pay 23% tax on the total value of the item.
Cost price + shipping cost + shipping company admin charge x 23% = total cost.

Jabba would be $1, 175 shipped Inc tax.

Shipping from Sideshow to Ireland is $140!

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Yeah..it's quite tragic and sad. Black Mirror is perfectly showing how society is, and what's to come. We're already in the matrix man!

Been telling people this for years. I saw it’s inevitably as early as 2007 when I first started commenting on the board. The way people were so willing to spend so much time commenting and then taking every insult and argument ever so seriously.

And you can now see what they’ve done with bringing all these comments (good and mostly bad) made by people on what is basically a giant message board - Facebook and all the other platforms...

And when the iPhone came out...

It’s like Musk has said himself. We are probably already in a Sim. The irony is we’re at some sort of historical point in time when the transition is about to take place from reality to The Matrix.

I read something from a comment a Physicist said recently - “ we are on the cusp one of the greatest transitions in the history of mankind..”

Ahh.. but this is something better talked about in its own thread.. Agent Smith!!! (Mods) [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry to hear that man. I can relate to some of that but after a divorce 4 years ago my kids are with me more than 50% of the time so don't lose hope and assume that courts will always have them end up with the mother. I had a few annoying years of living on 60% of my income (driving a beater, etc.) but thankfully that time has past. Take care and good luck.
Thanks man, I really appreciate that brother. I only get to see my daughter maybe twice a week for a few hours. The mom is in "survival mode"..aka being very self-centered. I'm just agreeing to everything, but trying to to be manipulated/taken advantage of too much. It's rough when all you want is your family back, especially your little baby that's growing up so fast with dad hardly there. I'm committed and not giving up hope. Anything can happen..so I have to stay as positive as I can, without being delusional.

Anyways..called Sideshow about when my Jabba might ship (ordered Nov. 5th.). lol - they never have a clue. So I'm thinking I'll have it in hand at the very end of February maybe.

Unfortunately yes, under eBay's new rules even used items will be taxed. It's completely indiscriminate.

Once it kicks in, my ebay purchases will pretty much die off as even a 15% off coupon isn't going to offput the tax.

We're heading into dark times...

Yeah ebay applied the sales tax in Australia that way. GST in Australia is only supposed to be paid once. There are all sorts of rebates that occur during the supply chain of production and sale to ensure it is only collected once. Then ebay decide unilaterally to apply it to second hand sales effectively collecting it twice.

Been telling people this for years. I saw it’s inevitably as early as 2007 when I first started commenting on the board. The way people were so willing to spend so much time commenting and then taking every insult and argument ever so seriously.

And you can now see what they’ve done with bringing all these comments (good and mostly bad) made by people on what is basically a giant message board - Facebook and all the other platforms...

And when the iPhone came out...

It’s like Musk has said himself. We are probably already in a Sim. The irony is we’re at some sort of historical point in time when the transition is about to take place from reality to The Matrix.

I read something from a comment a Physicist said recently - “ we are on the cusp one of the greatest transitions in the history of mankind..”
Yeah, tis why I put the "lol" after that matrix statement. Most take it from a different perspective; they think your nuts or just some conspiracy theorist. It's got nothing to do with that..just basic observation and 'uncommon' sense. I was thinking the same with the Elon Musk warning everyone about the dangers of AI and technology. I have never been into social networking..except for this site and posting comments on YouTube. I don't like to even give out my name if it's unnecessary. The less information the better. And definitely no Alexa in my house lol. Not that it really matters too much with having these portable computers we all carry around that we can't live without. In a way, we're already cyborgs.

Yeah, tis why I put the "lol" after that matrix statement. Most take it from a different perspective; they think your nuts or just some conspiracy theorist. It's got nothing to do with that..just basic observation and 'uncommon' sense. I was thinking the same with the Elon Musk warning everyone about the dangers of AI and technology. I have never been into social networking..except for this site and posting comments on YouTube. I don't like to even give out my name if it's unnecessary. The less information the better. And definitely no Alexa in my house lol. Not that it really matters too much with having these portable computers we all carry around that we can't live without. In a way, we're already cyborgs.

Unfortunately it is no longer a conspiracy theory.

And don’t get me started on that film the Matrix. To me, that movie was an indoctrination, a foretelling of what was to come.

And anyone that’s lived through the 90s until now can see where all of this was going.

They’ve made it to we’re you can’t survive in today’s world with out these devices.

Elon is launching something called Neuro-Lace this year. An implant of sorts, although not like an implant anyone would think of.. Well, it’s not really launching. He going to show it off for right now. Supposed to allow you to connect to any system were you can browse and communicate with anyone anywhere with this implant.

If you don’t think people are not going to be lining up to have that inserted into them in the near future, well then you haven’t been paying attention.

Try and escape it when it’s inside you..Lol.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Unfortunately it is no longer a conspiracy theory.

And don’t get me started on that film the Matrix. To me, that movie was an indoctrination, a foretelling of what was to come.

And anyone that’s lived through the 90s until now can see where all of this was going.

They’ve made it to we’re you can’t survive in today’s world with out these devices.

Elon is launching something called Neuro-Lace this year. An implant of sorts, although not like an implant anyone would think of.. Well, it’s not really launching. He going to show it off for right now. Supposed to allow you to connect to any system were you can browse and communicate with anyone anywhere with this implant.

If you don’t think people are not going to be lining up to have that inserted into them in the near future, well then you haven’t been paying attention.

Try and escape it when it’s inside you..Lol.

I'd argue Ghost in the Shell was more prophetic (and also one of the influence on the Matrix) in predicting our now and near future.

I'd argue Ghost in the Shell was more prophetic (and also one of the influence on the Matrix) in predicting our now and near future.

True, but the timing of The Matrix film was just too perfect. The way so many people took to it’s ideas. That there was something quite not right with the world we live in. That it didn’t seem real. That it could be a simulation. It was as if everyone already knew, just as Neo did.

‘’What is the matrix?’’

True, but the timing of The Matrix film was just too perfect. The way so many people took to it’s ideas. That there was something quite not right with the world we live in. That it didn’t seem real. That it could be a simulation. It was as if everyone already knew, just as Neo did.

Plato was going on about reality and simulation thousands of years back, and philosophers have debated it continually. Borges, Ballard, Philip K., Gibson, etc. had written popular novels engaging with such themes for decades before Keanu showed up. Indeed, 'The Matrix', in many respects, was old hat even upon its debut.

Most all of us here have been trapped in the consumer sensorium of late Western hyper-capitalism for decades. And we love it. Don't we? Surely the Freaks board is just one more temple devoted to the endless pursuit of artificially inflated consumer durables? :)

Plato was going on about reality and simulation thousands of years back, and philosophers have debated it continually. Borges, Ballard, Philip K., Gibson, etc. had written popular novels engaging with such themes for decades before Keanu showed up. Indeed, 'The Matrix', in many respects, was old hat even upon its debut.

Most all of us here have been trapped in the consumer sensorium of late Western hyper-capitalism for decades. And we love it. Don't we? Surely the Freaks board is just one more temple devoted to the endless pursuit of artificially inflated consumer durables? :)

Yes, I am aware of all of those. I’m strictly talking timing. The digital age was upon us. Although borrowed, those themes rang more louder and clearer than they ever did in human history back in 1999 when The Matrix debuted. The film brought all those philosophers and themes to a bigger wider audience. And for those who bothered to look it up, those who didn’t know who those writers and philosophers were, knew who they were after the films release. Those who saw the connections.

Now today, you have many of those themes used in film , Tv and many other media forms. Even Philip K dicks stories has a series.

Yes, this place most probably is. I’m a big Baudrillard
Fan. Btw. Lol.

Last edited:
You have to be rich to collect in Ireland... or a master criminal.
Alas I'm neither. I managed to collect most of my figures early on and bought everything new or close to release so no sky high after market prices plus I stuck to my OT only rule which really helps. I also put together some customs for the ones HT will never get to... Veers I'm looking at you. I had a really high paying job for about 3 years when HT were really pumping out the OT figures so that was were my surplus cash went. I changed jobs last summer, less money but way more family time plus I'm very happy with where my collection is so no real urge to buy anything else... For the minute. Also with two young Padawans my collection has gone from an entire room to a large display case to now a single shelf. Everything has been put into storage except my favourite 10 figures.

Sideshow R2
Tamashi Threepio
HT Chewie
HT Han
HT Kenobi
HT Leia
HT Luke
HT Vader ANH
HT Tarkin
HT Fett ROTJ

I'd love to get the HT Emperor on display but it means dropping one of the 10 and I can't decide who to remove!

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Thanks man, I really appreciate that brother. I only get to see my daughter maybe twice a week for a few hours. The mom is in "survival mode"..aka being very self-centered. I'm just agreeing to everything, but trying to to be manipulated/taken advantage of too much. It's rough when all you want is your family back, especially your little baby that's growing up so fast with dad hardly there. I'm committed and not giving up hope. Anything can happen..so I have to stay as positive as I can, without being delusional.

Anyways..called Sideshow about when my Jabba might ship (ordered Nov. 5th.). lol - they never have a clue. So I'm thinking I'll have it in hand at the very end of February maybe.

You are not alone, I just finalized my divorce in April with a 4 year old son and my schedule right now is 2 on, 1 off weekends and a one weekday dinner visit that I haven’t had for the past 20 weeks because my ex decided she doesn’t feel like it anymore and I’m just finally getting into court next week to have her brought up in contempt, and she’s taken it upon herself to change the weekend schedule at will because she thinks she has that power and I can’t do anything until we go to court, all the while with no regard for our son’s need for consistency because of his autism and being engaged and living with a convicted rapist. Luckily nothing really bad has happened to him yet, but I worry every day how she treats him, what she says to him, when I get him he says things at times that make me concerned about her parenting but all she ever does is lie and blame me so I can never know honest information about him. It’s the hardest thing I’ve ever dealt with, I had to hide tears from him when I had to bring him back this past Monday because he didn’t want to leave and kept saying things that broke my heart.

Best advise I can give is have a strong support system, and treat every minute you get like you may not get another. When I first divorced, my ex kept him from me for a month and a half until we went into court, I couldn’t take it, and since I never can trust completely that I’ll see him again even when I should expect it, so I make the most of the time I get and make sure he never questions my love. Hang in there.

I feel for you all, but maybe this discussions is best saved for DM's? Or a therapist? Or literally anywhere that isn't the place we come to get our space slug toy information?

I feel for you all, but maybe this discussions is best saved for DM's? Or a therapist? Or literally anywhere that isn't the place we come to get our space slug toy information?

Maybe you should just scroll along till you find something you wanna read. You are wasting your time with this anyways, it’s not exactly the news you get here, so maybe be a bit more embracing. Just a suggestion.

You are not alone, I just finalized my divorce in April with a 4 year old son and my schedule right now is 2 on, 1 off weekends and a one weekday dinner visit that I haven’t had for the past 20 weeks because my ex decided she doesn’t feel like it anymore and I’m just finally getting into court next week to have her brought up in contempt, and she’s taken it upon herself to change the weekend schedule at will because she thinks she has that power and I can’t do anything until we go to court, all the while with no regard for our son’s need for consistency because of his autism and being engaged and living with a convicted rapist. Luckily nothing really bad has happened to him yet, but I worry every day how she treats him, what she says to him, when I get him he says things at times that make me concerned about her parenting but all she ever does is lie and blame me so I can never know honest information about him.

Jeezus, Sean, I had no idea. I'm so sorry to hear this.

I was hoping to finish mine today or tomorrow, but just got in a lot of work so I'm not sure that's going to happen. Should hopefully be done by the weekend in any case.

Back