Sideshow 1/6 Jabba and Throne

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just want to mention though, that I'm in washington and ebay was supposedly going to start charging taxes officially on January 1st. I've bought 2 items off ebay since then... no tax.

I just want to mention though, that I'm in washington and ebay was supposedly going to start charging taxes officially on January 1st. I've bought 2 items off ebay since then... no tax.

How does it work, let say if a collector_A sold a used item to a collector_B. is it taxable?

How does it work, let say if a collector_A sold a used item to a collector_B. is it taxable?

Unfortunately yes, under eBay's new rules even used items will be taxed. It's completely indiscriminate.

Once it kicks in, my ebay purchases will pretty much die off as even a 15% off coupon isn't going to offput the tax.

We're heading into dark times...

EBay itself will add taxes on all purchases, regardless of where they come from. So you'll put an Asia-based item in your cart and when it comes time to pay, the tax will appear on the payment screen. The seller won't collect the tax, eBay itself will.

Wow... these days past will be fondly remembered like the wild, wild west of internet days.

"Back in my day we paid no taxes... on anything." Ooooohs and ahhhhhs from the children. It gives millennials something to look forward to bragging about like old timers used to brag about free cable and literally free internet.

Good god oh mighty! Wor-Gar man, Wor-Gar..
Everyday for the longest, I get blown away with how many messages you post each day (or even per 30 minutes). It's simply amazing. Maybe others are at your level of posts..but your gif of Jack smacks you in the face lol. No one can dispute your passion with this hobby and love of ours.

You gotta have a job that allows you to be on your phone like me. Pretty sad or awesome (depending on how you look at it); but I'm literally just watching YouTube videos/browsing the internet for nearly 8 hours a day while I'm at work. And I'm doing my job lol - it's just insanely easy..so not that fulfilling I suppose.

Well I guess it was only a matter of time. I guess all we can hope is that ebay and other sites will try to offer even more deals and discounts to offset the extra cost.

I wish I could say this will deter me from buying as many figures during the year, but I realize I'm far too addicted at this point for that to be true. :D At the most, it might just keep me from buying any more of the larger pieces like the DeLorean or Batmobile.

Unfortunately yes, under eBay's new rules even used items will be taxed. It's completely indiscriminate.

Once it kicks in, my ebay purchases will pretty much die off as even a 15% off coupon isn't going to offput the tax.

We're heading into dark times...
That sucks... Other people who wants to purchased junks from another person, and now have to pay sale tax... So garage sale eventually you have to pay sales tax as well. :)

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

Everyday for the longest, I get blown away with how many messages you post each day (or even per 30 minutes). It's simply amazing. Maybe others are at your level of posts..but your gif of Jack smacks you in the face lol. No one can dispute your passion with this hobby and love of ours.

You gotta have a job that allows you to be on your phone like me. Pretty sad or awesome (depending on how you look at it); but I'm literally just watching YouTube videos/browsing the internet for nearly 8 hours a day while I'm at work. And I'm doing my job lol - it's just insanely easy..so not that fulfilling I suppose.

:lol

I want your job.

Yes, my career allows me a lot of online viewing time. And its only gotten better over the years (meaning more time online, not always better in enjoyment). And I always have this site up in background generally. Back and forth like a tennis match.

Sad and awesome I think its both. Spending this much time on personal interactions in real life with real flesh-and-blood people would likely be better, but then that is not the future, is it?

I want your job too. Not sure it would go over too well at my work watching youtube videos while driving a forklift haha.

:lol

I want your job.

Yes, my career allows me a lot of online viewing time. And its only gotten better over the years (meaning more time online, not always better in enjoyment). And I always have this site up in background generally. Back and forth like a tennis match.

Sad and awesome I think its both. Spending this much time on personal interactions in real life with real flesh-and-blood people would likely be better, but then that is not the future, is it?

I'm not sure if it's a blessing or a curse that my job allows me to be be on here, lol.

Well, if its any consolation, we are the first generation of mass "pen pals" that is internet based and spread across the entire globe.

Jet-setters of the internet.

Well, if its any consolation, we are the first generation of mass "pen pals" that is internet based and spread across the entire globe.

Jet-setters of the internet.

Very true. I do find myself stopping from time to time to realize how surreal it is that I have people who I'd consider friends living in Ireland, Australia, and so on.

That sucks... Other people who wants to purchased junks from another person, and now have to pay sale tax... So garage sale eventually you have to pay sales tax as well. :)

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

The states would enforce tax on garage sales too if they could :lol

It’s really too bad, the only break I got on these figures was from eBay. Nothing good lasts forever I suppose.

Luckily I only have a few POs this coming year. It’s the lightest one I’ve had since I started.

Spending this much time on personal interactions in real life with real flesh-and-blood people would likely be better, but then that is not the future, is it?
Yeah..it's quite tragic and sad. Black Mirror is perfectly showing how society is, and what's to come. We're already in the matrix man! lol

Oh, you definitely don't want my job. I went from making amazing money, benefits, bonuses, on-site doctor I could see anytime for free, etc.....to making $10 an hour as a 3rd shift security officer at Samsung. I'm 38, but look 20-25 and have rheumatoid arthritis, psoriasis and bone growths like an 85 year old.

Then my wife left me last February with my 12 y/o step son and 3 y/o daughter. So yeah, lol - I should've put my big house up for sale loooong ago. Now I'm being sued by the HOA for unpaid bills. Basically, I've been getting help from my family. It's a blessing, but embarrassing too. Nice that my separated wife/baby mamma will be the CEO of the company she works for in a few years. Ha, and she still wants money from me (besides child support). Collecting via selling my old stuff/eating like I'm in college helps take my mind off of things a bit.

Oh, you definitely don't want my job. I went from making amazing money, benefits, bonuses, on-site doctor I could see anytime for free, etc.....to making $10 an hour as a 3rd shift security officer at Samsung. I'm 38, but look 20-25 and have rheumatoid arthritis, psoriasis and bone growths like an 85 year old.

Then my wife left me last February with my 12 y/o step son and 3 y/o daughter. So yeah, lol - I should've put my big house up for sale loooong ago. Now I'm being sued by the HOA for unpaid bills. Basically, I've been getting help from my family. It's a blessing, but embarrassing too. Nice that my separated wife/baby mamma will be the CEO of the company she works for in a few years. Ha, and she still wants money from me (besides child support). Collecting via selling my old stuff/eating like I'm in college helps take my mind off of things a bit.

Well Travis... when you put it that way...

Back