1/6 Sideshow 1:6 Indiana Jones - Temple of Doom

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I cancelled and just ate the $40 deposit.

Now I just have to get rid of this Hot Toys Indy jacket, Raiders idol and GI Joe Jungle dio I bought to display with him :D

:lol

Yeah, it's the exorbitant INDY licensing fee!

Harrison Ford's likeness fee!

Harrison Ford's royalty fee!

It's the new body they had to make and so they have to put all their R&D cost onto the customer!

(We've seriously heard each of these BS excuses in the past)

While that might be true for Jack Nicholson, there's simply no excuse with Harrison Ford other than the Disney licensing fee and the Sideshow Greed Tax.

Nah man, that's not the point. It's not sophisticated enough manufacturing *IMO for this price in 2016.

If you say so.

I agree. If Sideshow is going to charge $230-250 per figure then they can at least do as good of a job on their figures as Hot Toys. VTS, ThreeZero, and other companies are producing figures at this level (if not better) for less.

How many of those companies are not located in Asia?

Also, the economy excuse is so 2010. Oil hasn't been this cheap in over 20 years, and plastics have been steadily dropping, too. Sideshow is quickly running out of their last excuses for gouging.

Sideshow doesn't pay me to make excuses for them.

While that might be true for Jack Nicholson, there's simply no excuse with Harrison Ford other than the Disney licensing fee and the Sideshow Greed Tax.

If you say so.

This one is so close to call. And SS will be charging tomorrow. :panic:

In some photos he appears very mediocre, but properly futzed and posed he can look like this.

1705a0afbcb02eafbb67c5fae899cf57.jpg

Out of the box the shirt will need water treatment - a full soak and futzed onto the body.

One thing that improved from the proto is the trousers: the production version are looser fitting and therefore more correct.

I took a chance on Snake Plissken with a big discount and was really pleased when he arrived. I think this Indy is a better figure than Snake, so I'm leaning on keeping my order.

is there a way to make the shirt fabric "thinner" or softer? the collar really bothers me:gah:

As above, I would soak it in water then put it on the figure and try to form it so that it looks more natural when dry.

I'm actually thinking about staining the shirt with tea to simulate the water, dirt and sweat that is on there by this stage of the movie. Sideshows as usual needs more weathering and looks too new.

I'm actually thinking about staining the shirt with tea to simulate the water, dirt and sweat that is on there by this stage of the movie. Sideshows as usual needs more weathering and looks too new.

Yes, from the time his sleeve is ripped off by the Thuggee his shirt was dirty and soaked in sweat, and the right shoulder was quite narrow. I guess Sideshow left it wider to conceal the shoulder joint.

Is there any way to make an Indy shirt look permanently soaked and sweaty? I know you can stain it, and do the water treatment to make it hang properly, but in the end it still doesn't look like it does when it's actually wet and has that sheen to it.

Is there any way to make an Indy shirt look permanently soaked and sweaty? I know you can stain it, and do the water treatment to make it hang properly, but in the end it still doesn't look like it does when it's actually wet and has that sheen to it.

What is the water treatment? I've been wondering how I could make clothing hang properly

What is the water treatment? I've been wondering how I could make clothing hang properly

Basically you put the figure in a pose you like and then add water to the clothing to weight it down. When it dries it will sit more naturally. I recommend using and eye-dropper to apply but you can do it by hand. You can also scrunch the fabric a bit in the joints or wherever you think natural creases would occur.

Hot Toys also needs more weathering on their figures just like the Obi-Wan(Alec Guinness figure) who has the cleanest robe I've seen for mimicking a Jedi that was living in a desert planet.:lol

I think a good sculpt might be in there for those that would want to take on a re-paint...something closer to the proto.
And if a decent Hat and Fit can be found...
Main thing (I think) is to bring in those eyebrows and touch the shape up. Pupils just a tad smaller.
Quick render:
8b9e0947176225451a269920f8dabadcD2.jpg

8b9e0947176225451a269920f8dabadcC.jpg

I hate to have to do it, but I cancelled my PO. I am just not digging this enough to drop the $230 plus shipping. Damn you SS.

Back