1/6 Sideshow 1:6 Indiana Jones - Temple of Doom

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If this fig came out in 2007 it would of blown collectors away. Unfortunately 2007 might as well be 1907 in terms of collecting high end 1/6. Maybe expectations are too high these days. :dunno

This would be perfectly fine for a mass produced $150 toy. The detailing, paint work and manufacture are not high end $200+ sophistication. It simply doesn't look like it cost that much to produce, therefore feels inadequate.

I don't see much Ford in it to be honest. But that's subjective. And the eyes/eye lashes are awful. The mold work looks plastic-y and cheap. And I hate the way we seem to have gone backwards with belts and pouches (HT are also doing this now, shock horror) a couple of years ago we had fake leather work and beautifully made pouches. Now we have plastic or rubber sculpted belts and boots. It's cheap.

This would be perfectly fine for a mass produced $150 toy. The detailing, paint work and manufacture are not high end $200+ sophistication. It simply doesn't look like it cost that much to produce, therefore feels inadequate.

I don't see much Ford in it to be honest. But that's subjective. And the eyes/eye lashes are awful. The mold work looks plastic-y and cheap. And I hate the way we seem to have gone backwards with belts and pouches (HT are also doing this now, shock horror) a couple of years ago we had fake leather work and beautifully made pouches. Now we have plastic or rubber sculpted belts and boots. It's cheap.

Yeah, I found a bit odd that the HT ANH Luke had sculpted plastic parts (belt pouches, gaiter wraps) that would have been pleather/fabric a couple of years ago.

The satchel strap on this does remind me of the Hasbro Indy strap.

It remains... OKAY for $230

They almost become separate decisions - "Do I want this figure?" and "Do I want to pay $230 for this figure?":lol

At $150, I would have gotten this just to take a look, but I'm cautiously waiting for in-hand pics and may pass at $230. This is a razor's edge one.

I know I'm not buying this for the packaging, but it looks to be similar to the C3PO, cheap as hell. The new pictures look good, but for the price this is likely to get cut.

Um. That looks awesome. :dunno

I have to agree.

Also agree about how silly the price is.

At the very least I will pick up the head from TA. Though I imagine they might have to mark mark up everything to make some kind of profit on this bare-bones offering.

I think the sculpt and paintwork look fine. For me its the size of both the head and hat that are the issue.
Other things blend into the background but ill proportioned body parts don't ...for me at least.
I loved that Enterbay made a Dennis Rodman and it was almost perfect ....except for its pinhead which threw off everything. I had to sell it.

I agree. If Sideshow is going to charge $230-250 per figure then they can at least do as good of a job on their figures as Hot Toys. VTS, ThreeZero, and other companies are producing figures at this level (if not better) for less.

Nah man, that's not the point. It's not sophisticated enough manufacturing *IMO for this price in 2016.

Also, the economy excuse is so 2010. Oil hasn't been this cheap in over 20 years, and plastics have been steadily dropping, too. Sideshow is quickly running out of their last excuses for gouging.

View attachment 243656
^This was the closest screen grab i could find for this scene in the movie the figure is usually posed in. There are hints of HF in this HS, but theres alot going on to through it off too. The fedora is bugging the **** out of me!!View attachment 243562

Looks like someone customized the 2008 Hasbro Indy figure from KOTCS! Very bad showing SS......at least your consistent with your releases.......................they are all over priced crap!

Licensing fees! Honest! :lecture

:lol

Yeah, it's the exorbitant INDY licensing fee!

Harrison Ford's likeness fee!

Harrison Ford's royalty fee!

It's the new body they had to make and so they have to put all their R&D cost onto the customer!

(We've seriously heard each of these BS excuses in the past)

[emoji38]

Yeah, it's the exorbitant INDY licensing fee!

Harrison Ford's likeness fee!

Harrison Ford's royalty fee!

It's the new body they had to make and so they have to put all their R&D cost onto the customer!

(We've seriously heard each of these BS excuses in the past)
Likeness fee? Surely they skipped paying for that ;)

Back