Sideshow 1/6 Imperial Probe Droid

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
[...]I would like another chance at the Dewback, no trooper, but add the pole.

An awesome minimalist Star Wars collection would be Sandtrooper & Dewback, Probe Droid, and Scout with Speeder.

That alone would capture the OT so well. But the editing would be brutal and heartless.

My girl would also be brutal and heartless, if I tried to put a giant "dinosaur" statue with a stormtrooper on it in our house. :rotfl

I actually don't like the snow base so I've been displaying mine without the snow cover - I feel like the bare base with a clear acrylic rod makes it look more like a museum piece rather than a toy.

An awesome minimalist Star Wars collection would be Sandtrooper & Dewback, Probe Droid, and Scout with Speeder.

Great list but even the smallest SW collection needs Vader right? He is the center of the entire story after all....

But then again what the hell do I know about being a minimalist, if it's OT I'm buyin':lol

I think the Dewback is awesome, but that was a very background creature to me that really seemed to get more play from toys and from the special edition--you don't even notice it in Mos Eisley at first. Tauntaun is where it's at, but execution-wise the Dewback looks more faithful to the actual creature. The sculpted fur of the Tauntaun resembles a statue more-so than the sculpted scales do on the Dewback. Plus, the seam!

I think the vehicles work best for me and size-wise I don't see myself owning anything but the probe and the speeder bike.

Yeah, I love SSC's Snowtrooper but sold mine off in favour of HT's eventual release. I figure it can't be more than a year or so before we see those go up for pre-order.

I don't know if HT will release a Snowtrooper or not... I'm wondering if we'll see a slew of ESB related figures after TFA comes out and then ROTJ between the 2nd and 3rd film in the series.

Great list but even the smallest SW collection needs Vader right? He is the center of the entire story after all....

But then again what the hell do I know about being a minimalist, if it's OT I'm buyin':lol

Same here, OT gets my money every time. But if there is one figure you absolutely have to have in a collection it's Vader... I have 6 Vader items in my collection from the original 3 3/4" figure to the EFX replica helmet :lol

I don't know if HT will release a Snowtrooper or not... I'm wondering if we'll see a slew of ESB related figures after TFA comes out and then ROTJ between the 2nd and 3rd film in the series.
I could see the releases going that way. Personally I'm fine with a bit of an OT break while TFA surges. This year has been super expensive with HT blitzing the OT, so I'm in no rush at all. I knew when I sold my Snowtroopers that I was looking at about 2 or 3 years before having HT's in-hand. I'm absolutely confident that we'll see them within that time frame. No way is HT going to pass on a guaranteed money maker like Snowtroopers and eventually the Scouts. HT doesn't leave troops behind, galacti!

Next step for the new buyers is to get a clear acrylic rod for the Probots

Sideshow Probe Droid 13.jpg

I could see the releases going that way. Personally I'm fine with a bit of an OT break while TFA surges. This year has been super expensive with HT blitzing the OT, so I'm in no rush at all. I knew when I sold my Snowtroopers that I was looking at about 2 or 3 years before having HT's in-hand. I'm absolutely confident that we'll see them within that time frame. No way is HT going to pass on a guaranteed money maker like Snowtroopers and eventually the Scouts. HT doesn't leave troops behind, galacti!

I hear ya... I've had Han, Chewie, Kenobi, the Stormy 2 pack so far. And now it looks like Vader and Luke will charge on the 22nd and 23rd :lol

Anyone have any idea on which Asia supplier/outlet that is selling the 2.0 Imperial Probe Droid?
(Since Sideshow have not made this available to Asian countries...)

Just saw this at a local sellers website. $130 more than when I bought mine from them in january!

I prefer the snow base also but not enough to pay extra on the aftermarket for a first run.

Back