Sideshow 1/6 Imperial Probe Droid

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can understand some of the collectors here being upset about this rerelease. I understand the special-ness of having something that had a limited run and/or is sold out. The selfish side of me is glad I'll be able to get this figure. With that being said, they could have done a paint variation (like the orange lenses from ROTJ that was mentioned), and I would have been equally happy and members that have the original would be happy because their piece would retain its exclusivity.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree with sithgorilla as well. While I am glad I get a new chance at buying the droid, a version with the orange lenses (and a different base) would have been pretty badass.

So is this thing the same as it's earlier release? Nothing new? Missed out on the first one, would love to own but really have nothing Hoth related anymore.

So is this thing the same as it's earlier release? Nothing new? Missed out on the first one, would love to own but really have nothing Hoth related anymore.

Consider it ROTJ related then. Especially since there will be no snow base either.

I've got a lot of things that are "limited" so I don't really care if this one is re released... I'm just glad I got one.

When and where is this seen in the movie? Very cool image! And my only Hasbro stuff on display are Kyle Katarns blasting at the Dark Forces (probots included!).

QQQ4XKC.jpg

I think they are re-releasing this because first and foremost, it sold well, but in parallel requires no sewing work, and no fine painting on a head sculpt. From a production standpoint this must be way easier.

Rerelease? Interesting. I suggest those that missed out hop to it right away. Don't let me catch you in this thread a year from now whining about how you wish you bought this and how expensive it is. :lol

This is a worthy addition to any (Star Wars 1/6) collection. It's about as hefty as an empty soda can, but the coolness factor on the shelf is worth a ton.

Like I said before this is a piece that will impress non-SW fans too - they don't even need to know what it is.

Its getting tougher and tougher to make a profit from the new lines with production costs skyrocketing in China. It would be safer for Sideshow to re-release Sold out figures to guaranteed income. The recent victim of the high production cost is shown in the X-wing Luke price tag. I would not be surprised if Sideshow re-release other sold out figures.

Its getting tougher and tougher to make a profit from the new lines with production costs skyrocketing in China. It would be safer for Sideshow to re-release Sold out figures to guaranteed income. The recent victim of the high production cost is shown in the X-wing Luke price tag. I would not be surprised if Sideshow re-release other sold out figures.

A better bodied Tusken would be nice! :pray:

Just for posterity's sake, the guy at Sideshow that said they wouldn't do re-releases (Brock Otterbacher), is no longer at Sideshow, and works for Mondo, who are the friggin' kings of limited editions (rassafrassin. . . warrggaarrbll) , so he should feel right at home ;)

Rebelscum.com: Sideshow: A New Hope

Great find... I knew that article was somewhere on RS, but I didn't want to go hunting it down :lol Since that time they've also responded a number of times in the Q&A and here about how they would not re-release pieces.

The only previous examples I can think of that are close to this are when they finish a run that did not initially sell out... but this and Fett both sold out and it seems this one is especially a straight re-release which is concerning to me as a collector. I don't buy simply because things are limited, but it's part of the selling package and if the ES is open-ended then the price should reflect that.

And while I don't plan on selling mine... it's nice to know a piece I paid $250 for is now worth $400 on the secondary market. But with this release that will likely drop significantly.

They made a Mark I 2.0 and a Mark II 2.0. But completely retooled and improved the offering. They released a BD Mark III and it is the worst Iron Man figure ever made by HT. To date they have never just straight re-released the same mark.

Exactly, Hot Toys is not shy about revising and making new versions of figures... but these are different figures and usually a significant upgrade. The Ledger Joker figures are fairly notorious for this, but I don't think anyone would argue that the original could stand to see some improvements :lol

review_htdkbats_3.jpg

Back