Sideshow 1/6 Imperial Probe Droid

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Has anybody tried the Hot Toys rods...I have a ton of those lying around...and I think I will want the clear rod when he gets here...

couldnt resist anymore, especially seeing that this seems to be selling pretty quick. Sure it'll be gone soon, I caved and ordered mine tonight. Cant wait to get it!

Sorry if this was already answered before.
What diameter (in cm or mm please) should the acrylic rod have?

edit:
Ok, I found it -> 3/8" :)

Problem is that's around 9,5mm and here in EU I can only find 10mm rods.
What do you guys think? Is there some space left to the sites that a 10mm rod will fit?

Last edited:
What do you guys think? Is there some space left to the sites that a 10mm rod will fit?

You can just sand the end(s) of the rod as necessary. Spin it in some sandpaper - though not too fast or it will heat up and start to melt. If it starts getting hot, cool it off and then continue.

It was looked into by our sixth scale team and clear acrylic rods were found (no matter the density) to not be as durable a material as metal.
So Sideshow has special team which found out that plastic is less durable than metal?
Those people are true geniuses!

Glad folks are finding clear rods to use with their item and should anything occur with them then the metal rod can be used in the interim while a new clear rod is found/made and then attached again.
Because adding clear rod to the actual set by Sideshow themself would kill this project's budget.

If I hadn't said it yet, I'll say it now. I like the black rod. I cannot lie.

But I support (ha!) anyone who wants to re-color their rod, even when they want to make it invisible.

In my own display I'd support this guy from above on monofilament however.

If I hadn't said it yet, I'll say it now. I like the black rod. I cannot lie...

I like it too. I can't un-see plastic. If I want it to look less "museum" and more realistic, I will try monofilament, but I think it's fine now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow, I'm surprised no one posted that link earlier (twice) ;)

Sorry did not have time to read through every post. Some of us have a wife and kids and not a lot of time. Have fun saving for figures and picking and choosing. I have the luxery to get what I want and afford it "twice" if I want.

Sorry did not have time to read through every post. Some of us have a wife and kids and not a lot of time. Have fun saving for figures and picking and choosing. I have the luxery to get what I want and afford it "twice" if I want.

Don't even know where to go with that one. I'm not sure how someone finds the time to post but has no time to read, maybe that's just me.

But you're the man because you can buy whatever toys you want - you're clearly winning at life. Good luck with that. Oh, and ask one of your kids if they've seen your sense of humor lying around somewhere under a cushion.

Last edited:

Good for you skippy. And don’t think for one minute that you are the only one here who can buy whatever you want “twice.” :)

Wow. Not sure where to go with that, either. Except that it's clear to me now that you don't have to pass a spelling test in order to be affluent. :lol

Back