Sideshow 1/6 Imperial Probe Droid

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice shots Lou :clap

I'm lovin' this guy on display. My girl keeps calling it cute and I have to keep setting her straight. This dude is not cute. He means business

I had a good session with this last night and like I said already, I'm really impressed with the detail and overall quality. Sure I would've liked it at a lower price point but I think it's becoming evident that a chunk of the cost is because of the low production number (already almost wailisted and only 11 of them available on eBay).

Does anyone have good reference pics of how the lid should line up with the lowe part that houses the squawk box? I'm a finicky SOB and won't rest easy until I know it's in the right position :lol

Now the light turns on when I press and hold the button for about a second, and can switch it to the amber color by pressing for another second, and finally shut it off by again pressing it for another second. Is that how it works for you guys?

I'm absolutely happy with it. I've been keeping my purchases to a bare minimum, and this piece was essential for me. It's such a beautiful design. It can pretty much exist on its own and be the center of attention as a beautiful sculpture.

I'll try and post some pictures tomorrow.

I don't know how literal you are being about holding for a second but it should be an even quicker reaction than that; like just quickly pressing without holding. Like flipping channels on a remote

I agree that it could be a stand alone piece. I think that's it's interesting enough that it would catch the attention and interest of someone who knows nothing about SW, collecting or anything like that.

Such a great looking piece... still looking for a deal, or at least the next $20 off coupon. But this will be mine :lecture

Better get it while the gittin's good! :lecture

It looks like these might start to get scarce fast. You may be looking at inflated prices if you wait too long in efforts to save $20

I think this is still a tough sell for most collections... $250 for a minor SW item is not likely to sell out in the next month. I might be wrong, but I'm usually a pretty good judge of these :lol

It's been weeks since I put this thing together and every day I look at it, I'm glad I pulled the trigger.

Such a great piece.

I love my custom Sandies and each of my other pieces has been carefully selected, but if I could only keep one item, this might be it.

I'm still curious about the production run, but I hate to think what secondary market prices would be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think this is still a tough sell for most collections... $250 for a minor SW item is not likely to sell out in the next month. I might be wrong, but I'm usually a pretty good judge of these :lol

True, it's expensive and a niche character. Based on that it has a chance to linger for a little. I was just judging by how fast it went from "under 80" to "under 10" and how few are available on The Bay.

This is the sort of item that becomes very hard to get in the future, and commands higher prices. Why? Because it is a high initial cost, and a niche character. Dealers aren't going to buy it now, because they will fear it will be hard to flip quickly for a profit. It will sell slowly, in their minds proving them right, but it will sell - and only to people that really want it. Those same people will not be willing to part with it under normal circumstances, and the majority of the Droids sold will end up initially in collector's displays, not on a dealer's shelf. That means far fewer on the secondary market once they sell out.

Agreed... the window in him isn't as large as some other pieces. But I still imagine enough to warrant a bit of a wait and see. Although I admit I was wrong about the e-web cannon. Really thought that would drop, but it never really did and now it's very hard to get.

Nice shots Lou :clap

I'm lovin' this guy on display. My girl keeps calling it cute and I have to keep setting her straight. This dude is not cute. He means business

I had a good session with this last night and like I said already, I'm really impressed with the detail and overall quality. Sure I would've liked it at a lower price point but I think it's becoming evident that a chunk of the cost is because of the low production number (already almost wailisted and only 11 of them available on eBay).

Does anyone have good reference pics of how the lid should line up with the lowe part that houses the squawk box? I'm a finicky SOB and won't rest easy until I know it's in the right position :lol

I don't know how literal you are being about holding for a second but it should be an even quicker reaction than that; like just quickly pressing without holding. Like flipping channels on a remote

I agree that it could be a stand alone piece. I think that's it's interesting enough that it would catch the attention and interest of someone who knows nothing about SW, collecting or anything like that.

Thanks! And yes, I was being literal. I have to hold the button down for a second and then release to get the lights to switch. If I just press it quick like a remote then nothing happens. As long as it actually works I'm okay with it like this.

I too was scouring the internet for pics of how the legs should be. I think the head tended to swivel around a bit, so there might not be a "right" way of having it--no true front or back, etc. But the legs, I'm wondering if the second longest leg should have the pistons facing in or out. I can't seem to find anything definitive! :p

And I'm also very surprised at how quickly these seem to be selling. I was sure they would stick around for at least several months. Seeing the inventory fall so quickly is what made me jump to get it. I hope this is not the case of Sideshow eventually "finding" more stock!

If any of you really want it, I'd say just go for it now before it's too late. Sure, you're complaining now for the $250 price tag, but wait til you have to buy it second hand for over $300+! It's all relative anyway. Next year all the prices will go up yet again and we'll be looking back at this and think $250 was a bargain!

Just got confirmation of my order. Let the wait begin. :)

Probably displaying this one at the office. I'm here more than at home anyway.

Waitlisted! :horror

We have thousands of probe droids searching the galaxy! :lol

esb14_8.jpg

Wow that was quicker than I expected! Glad I pulled the trigger on this one too, now the wait and hope that there are no issues with it :pray:

Agreed... the window in him isn't as large as some other pieces. But I still imagine enough to warrant a bit of a wait and see. Although I admit I was wrong about the e-web cannon. Really thought that would drop, but it never really did and now it's very hard to get.

Waitlisted! :horror

Yep, I waited on the e-web too... and bam, gone. Glad I got the probe droid. Given the fast sell-out I guess that $250 price was about right in the end.

Probe Droid's still in-stock at BBTS...

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=SSC11258&mode=retail

It's been weeks since I put this thing together and every day I look at it, I'm glad I pulled the trigger.

Such a great piece.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:exactly:

Back