Sideshow 1:6 Commander Cody

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1:6 Commander Cody

The armor of Cody is different in the Clone Wars and ROTS. Subtile differences but visually enough to point out. I'm disappointed that they are taking the "only the helmet is different" route but I am glad the character is on the books.

I think the disregard for any differences can easily be excused under the banner of "making a realistic version" of the Clone Wars design.

I think that's exactly what it is. Clone Wars Cody really isn't going to be based on Clone Wars, it's going to be Cody's helmet design applied to the AOTC helmet. If you saw Cody in a movie before the ROTS design kicked in, the helmet would be the only difference really in armor, so by Sideshow's approach with the Clone Wars this works out.

I'm just relieved, in the podium video, Scott mentioned Cody as a Clone Wars figure and I was bummed thinking we'd get a Clone Wars version first, I'm delighted to sort of get a 2 in 1 setup.

I prefer Cody with the ROTS helmet, but it'll be cool to have both.

I just felt a pang of terror at the idea that when Sideshow does Boba Fett, they might give him a removable helmet with that lame "clone" guy's head underneath that they are giving this guy. Jesus, I hope not.

I'm really looking forward to this one. SS did such a nice job with the Utapau clone that I have no doubt this will be awesome. I do hope that the one helmet is as far as they go with the Clone Wars theme on it though.

I wonder, if Sideshow's going to do 2 helmets for Cody, would they make Boba Fett a deluxe figure that would be ESB and ROTJ components in one package.

mmm... that would be interesting, I'd be as confused as hell on which one to display though

If you have the Medicom Fett, you could go ROTJ with Sideshow, and just enjoy knowing if you want the Sideshow one to be ESB, it's an easy swap.

The differences are minimal enough you could easily do both costumes in one figure set.

Didn't realize earlier he'd come with the 2 helmets... very nice.

I'm a little surprised none of the previous clones have come with the portrait... wonder if at some point they'd release a pack of heads w/different hair, expressions and even scars to help differentiate a few figures.

Maybe LFL won't authorize the use of a Morrison portrait except on figures where his portrait was seen on film, maybe even being in CW isn't enough, we'll know if they do Rex and that doesn't include a helmetless portrait.

But weren't there helmetless Utapau Clones in ROTS, and scenes where the Phase I clones were getting suited up?

But weren't there helmetless Utapau Clones in ROTS, and scenes where the Phase I clones were getting suited up?

Yup. My guess is maybe Sideshow's only going to bother for the ones where it's really relevant, between Cody being a prominent character, and his unique scarring, I don't think the Utapau ones had anything but just Morrison heads, doesn't seem like they distinguished them, not like Clone Wars does.

I really only care about it for Jango, Cody and Rex personally, I don't need a human head for Clones where you never see it or it doesn't really stand out as anything special.

I could just see it being a good selling point for troop builders. But maybe a future expansion pack... if they ever do those again :lol

Yeah, Maul's balls are what have me wondering if it would happen. Those (while actually nice) were an epic fail. People don't even want to pay the shipping to get them :lol

If you have the Medicom Fett, you could go ROTJ with Sideshow, and just enjoy knowing if you want the Sideshow one to be ESB, it's an easy swap.

The differences are minimal enough you could easily do both costumes in one figure set.

2 helmets, 2 capes, 2 jet packs, 2 sets of gauntlets, 2 belts, 2 sets of pouches. I dunno. Seems a lot extra to include.

Back