Sideshow 1/6 C-3PO

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got mine today and no issues with the Pistons or getting the head off. Mine came off easily.

But man those hands are some bear claws. :lol don't know if I'll try the extra bending of them yet.

Did the thumbs twist at their base? I can get mine to bend but they are still facing in an odd direction.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1453244624.952668.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1453244701.659796.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1453244736.746182.jpg

On the whole I see the issues with his hands, and 3P0 could be a bit more chromed. But I really like him and think with the other figures he looks great and is one of the last characters many of us need for our ANH shelves.

Finally received my EX. No broken pistons, but two major paint blemishes (large white rubs on head and chest), so sending him back for a refund. Too much money for major QC problems.

I'll stick with Tama.

I'll preface this by saying, do at your own risk. At least now, you have a droid with 5 digits factory attached. If you aren't willing to break it and re-glue it, don't bother.

View attachment 238571

View attachment 238572

View attachment 238573

Sorry for the crappy pics. Hope it gives you an idea though. How much further can they go without snapping? Not sure. I'm content with this far. I was prepared to break them off if necessary, but I got what I wanted without having to, so I'm pretty stoked.

Great job! You're a brave man. I may try it too. What actually moved in the hand? They looked fixed in place when I was trying to figure out how to do what you did.

I have Threepio on pre order, already got Artoo. Can you tell me where you got these wonderful stands?

Those are the Hot Toys Sandtrooper bases, I believe. In the photo, the rear base has the crotch-grabber, the front does not. And it appears Momaw has shifted the front base to the left to provide the necessary base coverage for the display angle he wants (obviously, the name plates are not attached to either base).

I'll preface this by saying, do at your own risk. At least now, you have a droid with 5 digits factory attached. If you aren't willing to break it and re-glue it, don't bother.

View attachment 238571

View attachment 238572

View attachment 238573

Sorry for the crappy pics. Hope it gives you an idea though. How much further can they go without snapping? Not sure. I'm content with this far. I was prepared to break them off if necessary, but I got what I wanted without having to, so I'm pretty stoked.

:clap:clap:clap :bow
Don't know if I can summon the courage to try this haha

View attachment 238571

View attachment 238572

View attachment 238573

Looks SO much better, well done...although I'm not sure I have he nards to do it myself, we'll see.

Great job! You're a brave man. I may try it too. What actually moved in the hand? They looked fixed in place when I was trying to figure out how to do what you did.

Not really sure cause I couldn't see alot. I had the foam piece covering pretty much the whole thing. I moved the tip of the pliers all the way to the base. I was really preparing to break it, but I was twisting it slowly so it didn't jerk when it snapped. Lo and behold, there seemed to be a little give. There is some raised detail of some sort on the thumb that I could see moving, so I know I wasn't spinning the pliers.

I'm going to assume it is on a peg of some sort. I can't tell how deep it goes. I did try the pull it straight out angle first (gently of course) and it didn't budge. In the end, I'm guessing I just twisted a plastic peg enough to get it to look a little better. It's definitely looser and a tad floppy, so there was "damage" on some level, but I got what I wanted out of the attempt.

@darth - did you just twist the thumbs at the first joint? I tried doing this and it seems like there was a tiny amount of give, I hadn't really forced them beyond that small wiggle.

Great work Darth! :clap

@darth - did you just twist the thumbs at the first joint? I tried doing this and it seems like there was a tiny amount of give, I hadn't really forced them beyond that small wiggle.

The joint at the base where it attaches to the hand, yes. Again, I was prepared to break it, so I really was forcing it. In the end it moved enough to look like a thumb to me before it snapped. It's certainly not a conventional fix. I wish I know how it was attached. It is taking a chance, no doubt. I just couldn't settle for the hands looking like that.

OK, good. It seems like it would be a good idea to place something between the pliers and the surface of the thumb as not to marr the paint. I think cutting a small patch of a kitchen dish washing glove might do the trick.

OK, good. It seems like it would be a good idea to place something between the pliers and the surface of the thumb as not to marr the paint. I think cutting a small patch of a kitchen dish washing glove might do the trick.

May the ....force....be with you.

Get it? Force. Like you have to force the thumb. Anybody? Bah. I thought it was hilarious.

Back