Sideshow 1/6 C-3PO

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not yet, but they were closed over the 3 day weekend so I didn't expect to hear back until today at the earliest.

Just an observation....compared to the Tamashi, the SS one is bow-legged. I see it every time i see this figure.

Just an observation....compared to the Tamashi, the SS one is bow-legged. I see it every time i see this figure.

He is a bit.

Overlapping the crotch grabber wires allows the thighs to turn inwards a little more. (Something I did after taking the photos). But the thighs are naturally angled outwards, and the shins inwards.

looks great!!! I just feel bad because that mean ol' Sandperson won't give 3PO's arm back.

On a side note I would love to see more pictures of 3PO and R2 on the SS hexagon bases together. I'm trying to figure out if I want to pick one up for my R2, but I am wondering how close they can be placed together in a way that both droids look good together on them and how many options there are for placement. It seems like it may not be a friendly shape to try to put two stands together side by side.

Just in case you missed these, Jaymas. Could be a display option for you.

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/.../166117-dual-display-base-12-3po-r2-d2-4.html

I'll be posting pics of the sand base tonight.

i got mine today. :wave

VYuOyPn.jpg

AarSw7W.jpg

9iRPMW6.jpg

:clap :clap Yowza!! Awesome pics, Batty!! :rock

I have Threepio on pre order, already got Artoo. Can you tell me where you got these wonderful stands?

Received my goldenrod today. After all the QC issues and complaints I was a bit apprehensive. Luckily mine only has one real issue.

Personally I think SS has done a great job with this figure. The weathering in hand is fine and from shelf distance looks good. My head poped off with minimal effort and the head range of motion is excellent. The arm pistons seem to work well so long as you grip an appropriate section of arm for the direction you want to move it and do it gently. I'm very happy with this figure. The only real issue with mine is he has one yellow eye and one white eye. I've put in a request for a replacement head. The thumbs are unfortunate but don't seems as big a deal when I have him in hand.

Despite some of the hypebole in regards to every SS figure being a dud (the recent OT Tie Pilot was executed fantastically and SS Deadpool was a total home run for me - I can only speak to the figures I've bought), this one is really quite good. That said, I am still interested to see what HT will finally comes up with for the droids. In the meantime this will do just fine. In fact I'm tempted to leave C3PO and R2D2 downstairs instead of moving them up to the Star Wars display for a while because they do look quite striking on the side table they currently occupy after taking some pics. Next to 3PO though, I think my R2 needs some more dirt.

R2%20amp%203PO_zpsrcfitmxd.jpg

Just had a reply from ss regarding damaged piston.
They are sending me a new left arm.
Really happy about that,gonna mess with the thumb on the spare arm now.

Awesome! That's what I'm hoping for, too. I actually put him in my display. He looks really great other than the snapped off bits. I really like the weathering and finish in-hand.

Received mine today really pleased with how he turned out. Have no damage or complaints apart from trying to get the head off which took a while.

Great to hear! Hopefully a right arm will be on its way to me soon. I haven't heard back ever since I messaged them Friday morning.

Good news! For those brave enough to try, the thumbs will bend in enough without breaking....at least mine didn't. Wrapped the thumb in a thick piece of foam, took the pliers and tweaked it just a bit, and BAM, it looks good. Given my pistons were all good, got the eyes working fine, and the etched eye slats were not bent, I'm back in the all in camp.

Good news! For those brave enough to try, the thumbs will bend in enough without breaking....at least mine didn't. Wrapped the thumb in a thick piece of foam, took the pliers and tweaked it just a bit, and BAM, it looks good. Given my pistons were all good, got the eyes working fine, and the etched eye slats were not bent, I'm back in the all in camp.

Can you post some pics after you corrected thumbs please?

Home run!!!!!!!!

With pics, of course :)

I'll preface this by saying, do at your own risk. At least now, you have a droid with 5 digits factory attached. If you aren't willing to break it and re-glue it, don't bother.

IMG_3404.JPG

IMG_3405.JPG

IMG_3406.JPG

Sorry for the crappy pics. Hope it gives you an idea though. How much further can they go without snapping? Not sure. I'm content with this far. I was prepared to break them off if necessary, but I got what I wanted without having to, so I'm pretty stoked.

Back