Sideshow 1/6 C-3PO

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When toy anxiety breaks down the Luke and Leia figures you could get some of the gray ones. They usually put them up for $20 or $25.
I would think they'll do lots of Luke figures since there are so many accessories. But Leia comes with almost nothing so they might not break down too many of her.

Those grey stands don't exactly scream iconic 3PO and R2 to me, but I guess they interlink and kind of get the job done.

Received mine and love him, but still wish he had the proper chrome finish. And I need to fix these thumbs and unweather him! My pistons are fine so I'm wondering? Should I drop a little oil in the arm piston tracks to make sure they don't have any resistance so they won't snap?

Yeah, if the likes of Hasbro can vac-metalize, you wonder why SSC couldn't do it. Maybe that type of coating is too thick for detail to stand out and finer joints to work? Seems like it worked well on the Hasbro 12" 3PO. A better version of that finish with HT sandie type weathering would be the ultimate for a ANH threepio.

As is, this 3PO looks like it only really works for the oil bath scene in ANH. Overall to me it doesn't capture the ANH look at all.

Ordered the exclusive with $20 code $209 + $31 shipping and $48 tax.
total uk was £198

$48 sales tax on a $210 item? How the heck do they come up with that?:slap

Those grey stands don't exactly scream iconic 3PO and R2 to me, but I guess they interlink and kind of get the job done.

Yeah. I have them on the red ones and they look good, but those red grates were only in the detention block, I think, So those don't even make sense either.

The gray stands I'm less clear what they're supposed to represent. They look like the grates for the falcon compartments more than anything.

Got a sand base mock up done. I like it. Not sure if I like it more than the straight black one but I like it.

image.jpeg

Maybe the mineral oil would be a good idea or a little grease.
I have just checked my figure over thoroughly,as left arm piston was damaged.
I tried the right arm which was quite stiff at first,now it swings smoothly.

There were never red grates in the OT. The red was lighting.

Red grated floor is toyish.

Yes and no. They were orange/red plastic pallets painted grey, but no matter what they did, the paint came off where people walked - so you can see orange/red on the floor grates (mostly in Empire, but it kinda works as rust,) but yeah - technically they were supposed to be grey, and yeah, they were bottom lit with red in places. They are the exact same pallets used in corridors in Alien, Outland plus many others.

Yes and no. They were orange/red plastic pallets painted grey, but no matter what they did, the paint came off where people walked - so you can see orange/red on the floor grates (mostly in Empire, but it kinda works as rust,) but yeah - technically they were supposed to be grey, and yeah, they were bottom lit with red in places. They are the exact same pallets used in corridors in Alien, Outland plus many others.

In ANH, the detention block corridor grates are definitely red with white light.

Back