Sideshow 1/6 C-3PO

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got mine tonight. I like it overall and don't have many issues but the inner piston on his left arm broke on me. I thought I was being fairly careful but it suddenly popped out. I'm not sure that I'll bother getting a replacement though as he'll be posed in one way most of the time and I won't be messing with posing too much. It's a bit disappointing but I'll probably live with it. The head was also pretty hard to get off. I don't really see how you can do it without grabbing the head. I was able to get it very carefully and pulled the tab out and popped the head right back in.

Overall ... Pretty good figure
30d56ff6e3910cac388c5c94c8c0826a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks like SS has changed their whole gallery to reflect the new thumbs.

Did they put them all on backwards? :confused:

...if it weren't for those dang thumbs! Do you think someone at SS is reading this thread and understands they should have been turned 90 degrees? I bet he'd make a great gardener though...

il_570xN.235657719.jpg

Looks good otherwise:

IMG_7783s.JPG

I have a feeling that the pistons could be an issue for a lot of people. They're pretty delicate and I'm scared to move them too much. As is I'll live with the one broken one on mine even though I wish it hadn't happened. If I planned to pose him around more I'd ask about trying to get a replacement but I'm picking a pose and keeping it that way.

Overall ... Pretty good figure
30d56ff6e3910cac388c5c94c8c0826a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OK, I have to provide some constructive criticism. IMO you need to do something more 3PO-like with those arms, to me it looks like he's showing off at Muscle Beach.

I have a feeling that the pistons could be an issue for a lot of people. They're pretty delicate and I'm scared to move them too much. As is I'll live with the one broken one on mine even though I wish it hadn't happened. If I planned to pose him around more I'd ask about trying to get a replacement but I'm picking a pose and keeping it that way.

I'm thinking the same thing and there's no guarantee a new one won't be broken in transit; IMO they should have double-boxed this guy and provided a bit more shock absorption, when I saw the size of the shipper and heard the rattle inside "I feared the worst." I'll see what SS says, I may try and repair the broken piston but they'll need to send me a new head.

Kinda takes the action out of the figure. I have several ssc figures the same way. Statues.

I can't unsee the thumbs now.
I was about to pull the trigger too...Why can't the thumbs be rotated? Am i missing something?

I'm thinking the same thing and there's no guarantee a new one won't be broken in transit; IMO they should have double-boxed this guy and provided a bit more shock absorption, when I saw the size of the shipper and heard the rattle inside "I feared the worst." I'll see what SS says, I may try and repair the broken piston but they'll need to send me a new head.
I can't fix mine because the clips broke. Even if I could I can't even see where it's supposed to attach to. I just carefully move the piston piece and position it appropriately if I want to move the elbow. Thing is I could ask for a replacement and it might be good for a while but eventually break anyways. I don't think it's built very sturdy and while it can move I don't think it's meant to do so very much.

Got mine tonight. I like it overall and don't have many issues but the inner piston on his left arm broke on me. I thought I was being fairly careful but it suddenly popped out. I'm not sure that I'll bother getting a replacement though as he'll be posed in one way most of the time and I won't be messing with posing too much. It's a bit disappointing but I'll probably live with it. The head was also pretty hard to get off. I don't really see how you can do it without grabbing the head. I was able to get it very carefully and pulled the tab out and popped the head right back in.

Same thing happened to me, except it was the outer piston on the left arm. I know I was very careful when I was handling the figure. I didn't even try to move the arm. After spending more than $200.00 for him, I'm not going to settle for a broken figure. I've already called Sideshow and informed them of the problem. They want a picture first. We'll see how this plays out.

Old Grandpa

SS is gonna blow through a whole lot of stock in replacements if this is any indication.

Wonder why they didn't just make the pistons out of aluminum or some cheap, sturdy metal so the brackets/clips wouldn't snap so easily?

Yeah I don't know. The pistons were always the biggest fear I had with this figure so I'm honestly not overly surprised. I wasn't being rough with it either I was just attempting to readjust his elbow when it happened. The plastic just isn't going to hold up long term I don't think.

Where is yours broken? It came out of the slot?

EDIT: Never mind. Just saw your post where you explain it. Man, I guess this was bound to be an issue with how small these pistons were. It's all the fault of those people who criticized the size of the Tama pistons. :lol

Back