Sideshow 1/6 C-3PO

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm liking it

24036957729_485202e7a8_h.jpg

Damn, that's a beautiful picture! :clap

Glad almost everyone is liking this for the most part. Too bad to hear about all the QC problems... but it was almost inevitable. I'm afraid to look at mine too closely for fear of seeing something that cannot be unseen.

Well, I want to start of by saying I really love the figure as a whole and am super-glad to have it in my collection...at least, almost have it in my collection. Yes, my figure has problems and I've already sent a replacement request to SS. :( When I took it out of the box I found the outside piston on his right arm was disconnected; I tried to snap it back into place and found it wouldn't stay because the C-shaped plastic was split and close to breaking off. As a model builder I could easily repair it but after a closer examination found another issue I'm not willing to overlook or attempt to repair myself; I found the vertical mesh of his left eye is bent and distorted. The mesh seems to be photo-etched and should be pretty strong, it was obviously damaged during manufacture and not shipping. Bad QA?

The figure is a must-have form my collection and looks MUCH better than I was expecting, especially after all of those super-large pics were posted. I DID find it difficult to get the head off and it IS IMPOSSIBLE to only grab the neck as described in the instructions. The thumbs are another shortcoming and are pretty ugly...how the heck can he hold the com-link when all his fingers are pointing in the same direction?!!! Has someone determined if his thumbs can swiveled so they work properly or is this as good as it gets?

IMG_7749.JPG

IMG_7746.JPG

IMG_7763.JPG

I noticed that the SS site took the photo down that was showing his hands articulating the "correct" way.

Remember it? It was a close up of 3 hand photos.
It was there yesterday and is now gone.

I noticed that the SS site took the photo down that was showing his hands articulating the "correct" way.

Maybe something went wrong in production? Still not clear on how those are attached. Are they integral, i.e. moulded on or could they be possibly pulled out?

You know... I think he looks great but I'm slightly dreading his arrival on Monday. Because it seems like so many people are having to send him back! I hope I get a good one.

Got mine today and other than some problems turning the eyes on and off I really like it... He looks good with Jabba.

f00c23413db99ad1dc211d90bce0431f.jpg

bb48296fcc9d175dcfd2b3da3f3e30aa.jpg

Got mine today. I really like it. No real problems with mine. The only complaints i have is i can not get the restraining bolt on. I tried forever and no matter where i try to put it it just will not stick. I really think mine is missing whatever they put under the body that the bolt is supposed to stick to. It's not really that big of a deal to me but it would be nice if it would stick. Besides that i am pretty happy with this one.

Aside from the above mentioned problems I do love having it and was extremely glad to find how posable it is.

IMG_7776.JPG

Google images to the rescue , no worries sideshow we will fix that broken link for you

2171-c-3po-010.jpg

You have to wonder how something like this was overlooked, someone had to of known the design was flawed and needed to be tweaked. Heck, a quick inspection of any IM figure could have helped them get it right.

Is this the droid (hands) you were looking for?

1416887437_22811_C312.jpg

Mod time. Thumbs are going to need to be re-positioned. How hard it would be to detach those thumbs with a dental pick?

I don't have mine in hand until early next week.

You have R2 so you had to at least suspect that 3PO would be light.

The Tama feels like it could be one of the murder weapons in the game Clue. Professor Plum was bludgeoned to death with the diecast Tamashii Nations Chogokin C-3PO figure in the mancave by Miss Scarlet for being a huge nerd who collects $400 action figures.

Haha... the solid metal wrench would be the only thing as heavy as the Tamashiclue_weapons.jpg
Tama v 3PO.jpg
Thats not weathering, it's blood residue:)

Back