Sideshow 1/6 C-3PO

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not really..... that one picture says more about Vader than the OT ever did :lol

image.jpg

Just opened mine. No breakage but there's a pretty good little gouge on the right thigh so he'll be going back. Overall he's nice.

The weathering is just fine in on display but those hands...particularly the thumbs, sheesh. If SS hand made that a ball joint then there'd be no problem.

image.jpeg

My C-3PO arrived a short time ago. I am very pleased with it. My weathering is not too bad and there are no broken pieces or major blemishes. There is a little flashing on the right knee joint. As stated previously the thumbs...��

Anything to bash me I guess. I forgot I'm not allowed to post anything slightly relating to the PT without taking the same **** for it.

And I am thankful he did that. If 3PO didn't have that red arm in the scene with him Han and Leia where he explained he had a red arm, I would have been confused as hell thinking I was watching the OT. I mean there was nothing in that scene whatsoever that would have given a clue time had passed.

:lol

In fairness I think he meant just that, it was a way to "age" 3po, separate him from the OT.

Or sell toys.

Anything to bash me I guess. I forgot I'm not allowed to post anything slightly relating to the PT without taking the same **** for it.

Gentle Giant did a great minibust of that. Won't work with this 3PO due to the huge neck post though.

:lol

In fairness I think he meant just that, it was a way to "age" 3po, separate him from the OT.

Or sell toys.

True, that may be the case. Although the tarnished almost plastic look 3PO had was probably sufficient.

And sell toys :lol

Just opened mine. No breakage but there's a pretty good little gouge on the right thigh so he'll be going back. Overall he's nice.

The weathering is just fine in on display but those hands...particularly the thumbs, sheesh. If SS hand made that a ball joint then there'd be no problem.

View attachment 237645

Hey Coco, where'd you get that stand from? That's perfect to display them.

Took mine out of the box and proceeded to immediately break the pinky off the left hand.😫
Be careful with them.. Some super glue and I'll be back in business.

I have to admit, the figure looks a lot better in hand than even the photos. Mine has a bit more subtle weathering, and SSC implemented the touch technology on the lights that they used on R2, which is an evolution to figures HT and the others would do well to learn from. Couple of things:

1. If you are rotating the arms, be aware of the pistons. I did not snap mine, but I did see them start to twist with the arm. Grab the arm up high and turn, don't use the mid or lower arm to turn it.

2. For those having issues taking off the head, I couldn't get to the neck either, so I kind of gently wobbled it up enough from under the chin that I could get to the neck.

Really not a bad figure. The decal weathering isn't so bad in hand, as it looks in some of the photos. It's not great either, but it blends into the figure and isn't so noticeable as you might think.

I don't have anything else to say that others haven't already. I agree with the 8/10 score on it. Better than I expected.

This is just a quick and temporary display setup (Ben is in shadow) but I wanted to show how the droids look utilizing the X-Wing Luke bases.

Not bad but I may go with the old Sideshow "sand" bases.

IMG_1608.jpg

I frighten easily, especially with $300+ figures.:lol

Be brave. It's all muscle memory at this point. I could do it five times in 20 seconds with my eyes closed. Just got some folders with the colored tabs for the eye mod. :yess:

I sure hope Vader doesn't view 3PO in the same way Jedijim does.

:lol :lol

*hears can of worms opening up*

*walks away*

:rotfl

This isn't meant as a knock on either figure but more just for anyone who has collected the 3 3/4" line the past decade. The Tama and SS figures kind of remind me of these two figures, with the Tama on the left with the lighter, shinier finish and narrower face. I've definitely made that pose before. Belly wire spacing is reversed though.
TVC-078.jpg

Be brave. It's all muscle memory at this point. I could do it five times in 20 seconds with my eyes closed. Just got some folders with the colored tabs for the eye mod. :yess:

:lol :lol

:rotfl

This isn't meant as a knock on either figure but more just for anyone who has collected the 3 3/4" line the past decade. The Tama and SS figures kind of remind me of these two figures, with the Tama on the left with the lighter, shinier finish and narrower face. I've definitely made that pose before. Belly wire spacing is reversed though.
TVC-078.jpg

If I find my Rosco gels :)gah:) I'll let you know.

And yeah, those two Hasbro figs do sort of sum it up. The SSC head reminds me of the Don Post masks - quite rounded, mouth a little too square and clearly painted with metallic paint, not chromed.

Looks like Jedijim got to the 3PO on the left though.:lol

Back